Solstice cabins: 1A vs 1B vs 2A

frisbeeace

Are 1A cabins supposedly better than 1B and so on? Why? My 2A cabin on deck 9 is now $300 more expensive per person than either 1A and 1B which are priced equal. Should I request a change? 1A cabins are not rectangular an located in the hump. Is that desirable? Please give me some advice on which are the best veranda cabins. Thank you.

1A cabins are the same size and shape as 1B or 2A cabins. It is the balcony which is different. The balconies are angle shaped and are deeper, not wider then the other balconies. They are also larger.

The 1B cabins are on the flat part of the hump and have no obstructions (lifeboats) below them.

Ron

Yes off. The lifeboats affect your view unless you can stay fore elevators and foward, on the hump, or all the way aft.

Oh OK..... we originally booked 8244 but then found out it had the famous X film through the balcony (this is a hump cabin).... so I moved to 6214 which is also a hump cabin but one of the ones with the bigger angled balconies. It is a 1A category and NO obstruction.

We were on deck 6 in a hump 2b on Solstice and had no obstruction. Loved the fact that we were so near the elevators and if we wanted to walk down to Deck 5 it was any problem. A lot of great stuff is on Deck 5.

Pat

We were on deck 6 in a hump 2b on Solstice and had no obstruction. Loved the fact that we were so near the elevators and if we wanted to walk down to Deck 5 it was any problem. A lot of great stuff is on Deck 5.

Pat

Like the specialty coffee bar !!

• 1 year later...
Oh OK..... we originally booked 8244 but then found out it had the famous X film through the balcony (this is a hump cabin).... so I moved to 6214 which is also a hump cabin but one of the ones with the bigger angled balconies. It is a 1A category and NO obstruction.

What is this "X film" described? I cannot find reference elsewhere and we are thinking of a cruise on Celebrity this summer. Thx

Be aware that the port side on deck 5 is a designated smoking area and there are a couple of spots underneath the balconies where smokers congregate. Being on deck six or maybe even seven on that side of the ship you might be affected. Check the sticky at the top of the main Celebrity page re Solstice cabins for reports.

Phil

Archived