what day do you book the supper club and why?

simkoreb

Sailing the Valor in a few weeks, trying to decide the best day to do the supper club. I cannot miss the bitter n blanc dessert, so whatever day that falls on is out (gotta try and figure that out). I don't think I want to book on formal night either.

So what day do you book? What's your reasoning? Is there a day the menu isn't as good as the others? Or does time in port dictate what you do?

We always book on a night that isn't formal night. If I'm getting all dressed up; I want to walk around the ship, have some pictures taken in our finery. Going to Supper Club is such a huge time commitment that alot of the photo backdrops are closed when we're finished.

We also base it on ports; we made the mistake of making a reservation the night of our Cozumel stop; not all of our party made it LOL.

As the previous poster replied, it depends on itinerary and when the formal nights will occur. We have a 12-day cruise next month and one of the formal nights we **may** do the supper club. The other formal night we will do the dining room. We will be doing the supper club at least twice.

there is nothing wrong with going to the supper club on formal night. We went on our second formal, but it was Thanksgiving. we wanted a Thanksgiving to remember!! The food is soooo much better, we went twice that cruise. The lobster is real Maine lobster, not that stuff in the dinning room. Any time you go is the right time , enjoy!!!

We go on 7 day cruises, so we have 2 "elegant" nights. We usually go on one of them (hopefully not lobster night). I don't like to pack too many dressy clothes and DH does not like to dress up any more than necessary, so that is why I like to go on one of the elegant nights.

(P.S. We get our pictures taken before we go up the The Point.)

I don't know if I made a mistake or not, but we are booked the last night of the cruise. I thought it might be a nice way to top the entire cruise off...kind of an exclamation mark. What I didn't realize is that we will have to pack our finery up after supper rather than hanging out with my DS and her DH, and the rest of the group we booked together with. I guess we can catch up to them after dinner, then stay up later and pack up, either that or get up early and pack. We are also not flying out the day we get back into port, but the next day, so there won't be any hurry to get off the ship for us, since we will just be catching the shuttle back to LAX and then the hotel's shuttle.

I don't know if I made a mistake or not, but we are booked the last night of the cruise. I thought it might be a nice way to top the entire cruise off...kind of an exclamation mark. What I didn't realize is that we will have to pack our finery up after supper rather than hanging out with my DS and her DH, and the rest of the group we booked together with. I guess we can catch up to them after dinner, then stay up later and pack up, either that or get up early and pack. We are also not flying out the day we get back into port, but the next day, so there won't be any hurry to get off the ship for us, since we will just be catching the shuttle back to LAX and then the hotel's shuttle.

I sent Carnival an email asking them the dress code for the supper club and here is the only part of the response that pertained to dress: The dress code requires that men wear jackets on the formal nights of the cruise.

They didn't address what the dress code is on the other evenings, though. I do know many people go fairly casual.

I also think that the last night of the cruise is perfect since I find the menu the last night to be blah.

We also book the last night of the cruise. We find that generally the last nights menu in the DR is not all that inspired. We prefer the Supper Club as a wonderful ending to a wonderful cruise. We do make our reservations so that we are able to stop by the dinning room and say goodby to our wait staff and tip them above and beyond the auto tips

I sent Carnival an email asking them the dress code for the supper club and here is the only part of the response that pertained to dress: The dress code requires that men wear jackets on the formal nights of the cruise.

They didn't address what the dress code is on the other evenings, though. I do know many people go fairly casual.

I also think that the last night of the cruise is perfect since I find the menu the last night to be blah.

Thanks! I may just wear a dress shirt and dress pants then, makes it easier to pack up later.:)

I've only been on one cruise. It was on NCL about a billion years ago, but the last night there was sort of a celebration dinner with party hats and baked Alaska. We're on the Freedom in 2 months, and I like the thought of booking the club for the last night, but not if it means missing some special entertainment or some such thing. Any input on this? Also, if we book on the second formal night, is it tacky to wear the same thing from the first? I just LOVE the idea of packing less froo froo....especially with a VERY froofy 5 year old daughter that would fully expect 2 poofy dresses, not one, LOL! Sending the kids to Camp Carnival for one of the formal nights sounds awfully nice. Any way to find out what is served on the two formal nights so we can pick?? :) Thanks so much for any info!

Archived