~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

MFJune.....

I went to this site and is this still a active site? I don't see any comments posted lately?

Am I looking at the wrong area?

There are nice recipes though.

Thanks for any help in my quest to lose some pounds.

Someone referred me to the site for the recipes. Some of us were looking for ways to increase our veg consumtion. I've not used it for anything else.

I had to replace my scales last week. Mine started acting just like yours right before that just stopped working. Mine were electronic scales and just refused to come on one morning. Someone told me to replace the batteries when the scale started acting weird, but that didnt help. Then, it died. Maybe something is wrong with your scales.

But you are absolutely right. The only thing that really matters is how your clothes fit. I have a shirt on today that I could not button last week--and the scale shows that I didnt lose that much weight since last week.

I wish our cruise was just in a few days! I am jealous!

Have a great weekend,

Kim

Thanks for the suggestion. A new battery could relieve a lot of frustration.

I'll be unhappy if I weigh more but it's better to know than not know.

You have a good weekend too!

Points are not difficult especially if you do the online tracking. Check out the WW website. DH and I are doing the online WW...no meetings. Some great supports in the community session such as message boards like these.

I am doing WW on-line too and have found it to be super easy. It is really clicking for me this time.

Kim

I have found two treats that I would like to share.

Starbucks Via Iced Coffee: It is sold in the boxes of already brewed coffee up at the counter in Starbucks. Each box holds 5 packets. Each packet is 2 points, but I divide it into 1/3rds. It does have real sugar in the product. It tastes like a cross between iced tea and coffee. I take cream in my coffee but need nothing with Iced Via. I bought the Starbucks Iced Via shaker and use a 1/3 of the packet, fill with water and ice, shake and sip on it all morning. It keeps me from wanting a soda or a fancy coffee drink all day. The box of packets is about $5 but I am getting 15 drinks out of it. I have been drinking it for about a month and do not think it is impacting my weight loss.

Justins Peanut Butters: I first read about this on the Hungry Girl web site. It comes in 80 calorie packets (2 points) I couldnt find it in stores in my area but I did find it on the "trial size" web site that I posted last week. My box arrived yesterday and I tried the Justins chocolate hazelnut spread on toast this morning. YUM! Its a chocolate fix! Plus, the packets are the perfect size for your purse or taking on a vacation.

I also ordered some fat free salad dressings from the same company. Great selection and they all came packaged in sealed plastic bags around the packets. Perfect for travel, taking to restaurants, etc.

Have a great weekend,

Kim

"Is it hard to count those "Points" I read about??"

GuzaCruiser:

I started WW a week and a half ago and really love it. I decided to try WW-online rather than the WW where you go to meetings due to my current work schedule.

Points are really easy to track on the online tracker. The point tracker will also figure out points for recipes which I really liked. Made it even easier.

My day to day wardrobe is very casual. The clothes I wear now, a couple of dresses, capris, T shirts, sweaters, will be fine for the 2 sea and 1 cruising near Hubbard Glacier days. It's the cold weather and dressy clothing that I haven't worn for ages that I've been worried about.

My fashion show started with the formal night attire. 2 black cocktail dresses - slimming. A dressy white jacket - feels good. A gold shawl - 1 size fits all. 1 pair of pointy toed heels that I haven't worn in 2 years - good thing feet don't gain weight.

Next 2 loose dresses for the elegant casual nights. 1 white and 1 black and white. A black sweater. A white linen shirt.

2 pairs of dressy capris, 1 black, with lycra and without a waist band, and 1 very snug grey pair. These will remind me not to eat too much. 3 shirts that don't have to be tucked in. 1 multi-coloured, one grey and white, and one white.

7 nights proved to be easy. The cool days are more challenging.

We're going whale watching and to a glacier by helicopter. Dresses and tight pants won't work. I refuse to buy jeans or long pants in a larger size than the ones I own now so unless I lose an inch around my mid section by Thursday, I'm wearing yoga pants. There's nothing booked for the 3rd port yet but we have been advised to expect daytime temps in the 8 - 13 C (48 - 58 F) range. Yoga pants again.

2 bathing suits, a sun hat, a raincoat, a hoodie, a fleece jacket, socks, scarf and mittens. PJs and under things.

Have I missed anything?

Hi MFJUNE.

Make sure you wear the tightest dinner clothes first in case you do gain a couple of pounds. Also, I went whalewatching on a really hot day. When we got way out on the boat, it was really cold and we thought we had dressed warm, so make sure you do have warm clothes.

Can't wait to hear all about your cruise.

Elaine

Welcome Guzacruiser05

I had joined weight watchers and wasn't happy with the leader as well. I found she never gave any tips on food selections and didn't attend very long. A little later I joined again on a different day and love it. The leader is excellent and the class is like a girls morning out. I hate to miss the meetings now.

Elaine

I'm beginning to think my scales have a mind of their own. When I stood on them this morning I saw a - 4.8 and knew it couldn't be right. I have wanted to get below 150 for so long, it was too good to be true. I stood back on to verify and went back to last week's weight, which was the same as the week before.

Tomorrow I begin trying on clothes. That will be the true test.

SW 158.2

CW 154.6

GW 148.2

Congratulations to those of you who are making progress. Please keep posting. It helps.

New Battery, New Weigh In

SW 158.2

CW 152.8

GW 148.2

Loss 5.4

Headed in the right direction.

Thanks for the tips and well wishes. I'll report the 28 day, and if possible, the 30 day tally.

New Battery, New Weigh In

SW 158.2

CW 152.8

GW 148.2

Loss 5.4

Headed in the right direction.

Thanks for the tips and well wishes. I'll report the 28 day, and if possible, the 30 day tally.

That's great news! I know that you are getting excited for your cruise.

-Kim

Gloves and hat. It is cold if you're out on deck or balcony cruising the glaciers!

My day to day wardrobe is very casual. The clothes I wear now, a couple of dresses, capris, T shirts, sweaters, will be fine for the 2 sea and 1 cruising near Hubbard Glacier days. It's the cold weather and dressy clothing that I haven't worn for ages that I've been worried about.

My fashion show started with the formal night attire. 2 black cocktail dresses - slimming. A dressy white jacket - feels good. A gold shawl - 1 size fits all. 1 pair of pointy toed heels that I haven't worn in 2 years - good thing feet don't gain weight.

Next 2 loose dresses for the elegant casual nights. 1 white and 1 black and white. A black sweater. A white linen shirt.

2 pairs of dressy capris, 1 black, with lycra and without a waist band, and 1 very snug grey pair. These will remind me not to eat too much. 3 shirts that don't have to be tucked in. 1 multi-coloured, one grey and white, and one white.

7 nights proved to be easy. The cool days are more challenging.

We're going whale watching and to a glacier by helicopter. Dresses and tight pants won't work. I refuse to buy jeans or long pants in a larger size than the ones I own now so unless I lose an inch around my mid section by Thursday, I'm wearing yoga pants. There's nothing booked for the 3rd port yet but we have been advised to expect daytime temps in the 8 - 13 C (48 - 58 F) range. Yoga pants again.

2 bathing suits, a sun hat, a raincoat, a hoodie, a fleece jacket, socks, scarf and mittens. PJs and under things.

Have I missed anything?

I weighed myself yesterday and lost 1.4.

For the past few days, I've stopped eating too late. After 7pm I dont eat at all. I wake up feeling better too.

It's better to wake up hungry than go to bed full. I read one opinion that says:

Always eat breakfast within 30 min of getting up.

Always eat lunch by 1 PM

Never eat after 7 PM

Never let more than 3 hrs pass without a meal or a snack.

It's better to wake up hungry than go to bed full. I read one opinion that says:

Always eat breakfast within 30 min of getting up.

Always eat lunch by 1 PM

Never eat after 7 PM

Never let more than 3 hrs pass without a meal or a snack.

Great tips! I start work at 630am, and by 730am, I have already eaten breakfast. Ive noticed that after Ive stopped eating at 7pm, I sleep much better too. I dont go to bed with that "heavy" feeling. Thanks for the tips!

We received our eDocs for the 10-10 cruise today. Yea! So, that starts the official big count-down.

I got out my box of new cruise clothes from the closet and started trying them on. Another 10-15 pounds to go before this cruise! I started buying things on sale about 6 weeks ago. That will make you stick to WW!

Kim

We received our eDocs for the 10-10 cruise today. Yea! So, that starts the official big count-down.

I got out my box of new cruise clothes from the closet and started trying them on. Another 10-15 pounds to go before this cruise! I started buying things on sale about 6 weeks ago. That will make you stick to WW!

Kim

Kim: You must be very excited now getting the eDocs - October will be here before you know it! I have to wait until next May. You can do it - stick with it and you'll fit into your clothes.

I was gone five days and was happy with my weigh-in on Wed - lost the .8 that I gained the week before plus another 2.2. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Frances

Kim: You must be very excited now getting the eDocs - October will be here before you know it! I have to wait until next May. You can do it - stick with it and you'll fit into your clothes.

I was gone five days and was happy with my weigh-in on Wed - lost the .8 that I gained the week before plus another 2.2. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Frances

Hi Frances,

For some reason, this does not feel to be a good week for me. I have stuck to my points and exercised, but I feel "fat" this week. I am not looking forward to WI on Friday. This could be the dreaded plateau that I usually hit around 20 pounds off.

We shall see...

Kim

Kim, keep your chin up. Remember that slow and steady wins the race:)

I know sometimes easier said than done, but try to give yourself credit for your NSV (non-scale victories) as well.

Hi Frances,

For some reason, this does not feel to be a good week for me. I have stuck to my points and exercised, but I feel "fat" this week. I am not looking forward to WI on Friday. This could be the dreaded plateau that I usually hit around 20 pounds off.

We shall see...

Kim

Kim, keep your chin up. Remember that slow and steady wins the race:)

I know sometimes easier said than done, but try to give yourself credit for your NSV (non-scale victories) as well.

Thanks Ann!

I have a bunch of bathing suites that I ordered on-line for a cruise several years ago. When they arrived, they were all too small. I kept them anyway--they still have the tags on them. Just for fun, I tried them on last night and they all fit. :D Instead of trying to decide which suites to take, I am just going to take them all! :D

I am starting to think that the scales are not showing that much loss because I am doing the hard-core Zumba plan. I am into a size 14 now and quickly heading to a size 12...even though the scale isnt moving that much. It usually takes me at least 10 pounds to go down a size. With Zumba, the inches are melting away but not the weight.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and she may take me off of my high blood pressure meds. That would be a huge win.

Kim

I need some clothes shopping advice. I have been shopping in Lane Bryant and at plus size on-line stores for more than 15 years. At last, I am moving down and out of plus size stores. What a weird feeling for a size 14 at Lane Bryant to be too big.

Where do I shop? I dont want to spend a lot of money on clothes as I, hopefully, lose weight. I have a career that calls for casual clothes. So, I dont need to invest and skirts and dresses right now. (and our cruise is on NCL; so, no formal nights)

Any suggestions for some value-priced clothes for Fall?

Thanks!

Kim

Kim,

I will jump on the opportunity to answer a shopping question any day! :D

I've found the transition into smaller clothes to be a tad pricey. I LOVE H&M. They have great casual and business clothes for women. My only beef with H&M is that their clothes tend to fit small. So even though I'm down 3-4 sizes in other stores... I'm only down 1 or 2 at H&M. It can be a bit discouraging, but being able to wear different styles and fabric feels better.

Actually, I should ask where you live, US or Canada. I live in Canada now, but was living in Los Angeles before. I liked New York & Co., but their locations can be limited. They have GREAT sales and cheap clothes. Old Navy is always really cheap, but the quality goes with the price :( Kohl's is a cheap department store with a lot of good sales. I just got a casual top and a work dress for $30! I hope my suggestions help you out.

I've already dealt a lot with my clothes not fitting. I'm dealing with my new clothes not fitting now too. It's obviously a good thing, but it's frustrating because I'm spending money which I don't have to throw around right now. For instance, a simple black pencil skirt I bought maybe 3 months ago after losing a good amount of weight is now HUGE on me. I was shocked trying it on yesterday morning and it looking like a sac on me. Now I'm contemplating going to a tailor and getting things taken in. I'm getting really close to goal so I don't want to go crazy buying clothes right now.

New Recipe Alert!!!

I had it at a pub a week ago and it was called a Cottage Salad because it had the pub's home made cottage cheese in it. I didn't use cottage cheese when I made it, I cut up a WW String Cheese (1pt) on top and put feta cheese on my husbands serving since he's not on WW with me.

Serves 4 (2 points per serving)

1/2 red onion, chopped

2 medium tomatoes, chopped

1 cup chickpeas, canned, drained and rinsed

2 cups broccoli, frozen or fresh

1/4 cup dried cranberries

boil a pot or kettle of water. place broccoli in strainer and pour boiling water on top to soften it. Let broccoli dry while chopping other veggies. Combine everything in a med. bowl and toss. Then serve! Easy easy!

If you do want to cheese, add it in whenever you like. I also drizzled 1 tsp. of olive oil on top to get my serving of healthy oil in, but this salad doesn't even need dressing it's so fresh and delicious! (Add 1 pt for cheese and 1 pt for oil, making it 4 points total for the salad, if you so choose). We had this with grilled chicken breast :)

I haven't posted in a while and have had 2 weigh ins since then. I have lost a total of 20 lbs!! it feels awesome. My new stats are...

SW: 157.4

CW: 137.4

GW: 127.4

Hey all!

My name is Jackie (25) and I live in Massachusetts. I'm an on again off again WW. Today will be my first weigh-in in over a month. I decided to take the month of July off of weight watching, point counting, being a good doobie...whatever you want to call it. I had my fun, now it's time to get back on track.

I'm only 25 years old...these are the years I should be scampering around in short skirts, skimpy tops & cute bikinis, instead of being uncomfortable & self concious.

My next cruise isn't until October 2011 so I have plenty of time to lose, I just really need to buckle down & be serious about it.

I'd like to lose about 40 pounds & then go from there.

Today I'll be back to WW & hopefully rejoining a gym too!!!

Archived