Latitudes Cocktail Party

MIAMIMEDIA

I am wondering has anyone been to a "Latitudes Cocktail Party" RECENTLY? If so, please explain to me what is meant by "free drinks"? Are the free drinks the ones offered on trays by the wait staff or can you order which ever drink you want (within reason) for free? What type of drinks and horse-divers (LOL) are offered by the wait staff? Is it worth going? :cool:

While many people don't seem to realize it you can order what ever you want and it is free. So if you want free drinks then yes it is worth going, they also have several door prises including sometimes a free cruise so that is worth going for as well.

While many people don't seem to realize it you can order what ever you want and it is free. So if you want free drinks then yes it is worth going, they also have several door prises including sometimes a free cruise so that is worth going for as well.

How would one know when it is?? Do then leave something in your cabin telling when/where??:o

The hors d'oeuvres were good; we especially liked the one with salmon. They had a nice selection. They bring these out on a tray also.

Glad to know you can order drinks if you do not care for the ones that are offered.

We were on a B2B on the Jade in January so attended 2 Latitudes parties. We just had the drinks offered on the trays, so rum punches and yellowbirds were the ones we struck with. I do believe you could have gone to the bar or asked a server for something special and they would EVENTUALLY bring it to you. I did see someone do this, but it took a very long time for them to actually get that one drink... (By that time I had had a couple of the ones offered on the trays!) The hors d'ouvres were good, too, although we came in late to one of the parties and didn't get any or see them being served. Friends of ours won a free dinner in a specialty restaurant at one of the prize drawings, so it is definitely worth attending the Latitudes party. The captain and other officers, like the restaurant manager, are introduced by the cruise director and give short talks. I believe some questions can be asked as well. Then at the end of the hour the raffles take place for prizes, like art, wine, free dinners, etc. I don't recall a free cruise being given away at the Latitudes party on either of our sailings, the free cruise drawing had something to do with Bingo or raffle tickets at the end of the cruise.

I am wondering has anyone been to a "Latitudes Cocktail Party" RECENTLY? If so, please explain to me what is meant by "free drinks"? Are the free drinks the ones offered on trays by the wait staff or can you order which ever drink you want (within reason) for free? What type of drinks and horse-divers (LOL) are offered by the wait staff? Is it worth going? :cool:

On our last cruise there were so many people at the party it would have been pretty hard to order something other than what was offered. YOu used to be able to; they had champ, mimosas, rum punch and wine available..

the appitizers are good, the same as they have served for years.

Is it worth going? Well, I think it is the best one of any cruise line, at least they do have lots of door prizes, maybe nothing we couldn't live without but Princess and Celebrity didn't even offer prizes and had very few, almost no apptizers and little if anyone available from management. NCL had lots of the officers.

Nita

I agree with NewMexicoNita in the fact that NCL offers the best prizes. Royal Caribbeann seems to have the best appetizers which are set up buffet-style. With NCL, there has been a big difference in the availability of alternate drinks. On the Norwegian Gem in late 2007, the waiters bent over backwards to continue serving drinks-to-order during the entire party. Last year on the Norwegian Dream & Sun they seemed to have been told to only offer what was available on trays. All-in-all it is a fun atmosphere and a chance to mingle & visit. :).

On our last cruise there were so many people at the party it would have been pretty hard to order something other than what was offered. YOu used to be able to; they had champ, mimosas, rum punch and wine available..

the appitizers are good, the same as they have served for years.

Is it worth going? Well, I think it is the best one of any cruise line, at least they do have lots of door prizes, maybe nothing we couldn't live without but Princess and Celebrity didn't even offer prizes and had very few, almost no apptizers and little if anyone available from management. NCL had lots of the officers. Nita

The on on my Christmas cruise on the Star, filled the entire front lounge the big one under the bridge area, Did not make a bit of difference as to ordering different drinks.

There are also two [or possibly more] parties, the main Latitudes one for all past guests then the special ones for various levels, THOSE ones are more like a meet and greet there are officers, the Captain was at ours along with Hotel manager, whom I had already met at our CC meet and greet. The big one for everyone was the one with the door prizes and you didn't really meet to talk to the officers just go through the Line of them as you entered.

On our Jan Pearl sailing they actually had 2 so many latitudes members they had 2 partys. One was at 2:30 and one at 5:30. We got our invite for the early one by my parents were invited to the later one. They did let us change and go together though.

I did see people at the bar ordering drinks and one of the waiters went and got my son a ginger ale from the bar

our latitude party on the star was huge, people never got "special" order drinks...if you didn't grab what was on the tray, you did without. if there hadn't been a server with a tray of virgin punch drinks, poor DH would have been parched.

on the spirit, the party was much smaller...we only started for one drink. the prizes were stuff we weren't really interested in. nothing major.

the 2nd latitude party was for silver and above..when we got there, there were less then 20 people and only one officer had anyone to talk to..very dull. the wine was good!

our latitude party on the star was huge, people never got "special" order drinks...if you didn't grab what was on the tray, you did without. if there hadn't been a server with a tray of virgin punch drinks, poor DH would have been parched.

on the spirit, the party was much smaller...we only started for one drink. the prizes were stuff we weren't really interested in. nothing major.

the 2nd latitude party was for silver and above..when we got there, there were less then 20 people and only one officer had anyone to talk to..very dull. the wine was good!

On our sold out Christmas cruise on the Star there were probably two or three hundred people at least at the Latitudes party and we ordered over the course of it, a gingerale and two pineapple juices for me and 3 beers for hubby.

You can order individual drinks you just tell the guy with the tray what you want and they bring it back to you.

As we will only be on our second cruise (both NCL) will we be invited to the Latitudes party? If so what is the "dress code" and what exactly happens? We have got a Bronze Latitudes card. Many thanks :) as this is still all new to us!! :cool:

As we will only be on our second cruise (both NCL) will we be invited to the Latitudes party? If so what is the "dress code" and what exactly happens? We have got a Bronze Latitudes card. Many thanks :) as this is still all new to us!! :cool:

Hi Pasty!

I remember you from last year when we were both planning for the Baltics on the Jewel, and now it looks as if the Jade is in the future for both of us! I guess NCL has a couple of new fans in us! :) I'll be sailing before you and plan to attend my first Latitudes party, so if your question isn't answered, I'll let you know upon my return in April.

Last year on the Pearl was the only time they didn't raffle off a few prizes at the Latitudes party - we were quite surprised. Even without the raffle, it is nice to have the opportunity to hear from the officers and enjoy a drink or two.:)

Hi Stunnedina

I remember you as well!!! Enjoy your cruise on Jade you are so lucky to be going very soon. I look forward to hearing all about it and to you answering my question.

Best wishes

Pasty:)

There should be a card in your cabin inviting you to the party. Dress code is no different than any of the dining rooms, don't go in your swimsuit, other than that most things go.

It is usually in a large venue, lounge or theater you come in go through a line of officers introducing themselves and go in and take a seat, servers come around with trays of drinks which you can take OR ORDER WHAT YOU WANT no charge, and trays of goodies. after a while the cruise director takes the stage and again introduces the various officers some of whom say a few words, they raffle off the door prizes, as people have more drinks, then they thank you for coming and everyone leaves.

Archived