InterContinental Miami, a STEAL for March or April

letsgocruz1

Thanks for the tip. I just booked a room for April 24. We had a room at the Double Tree Coconut Grove but with this we will save about $35.00 and be 10 min closer to the port :D I will have to keep DH from swimming to the port when he sees the ship at the dock and we can't get on. We will both be up with the sunrise because we're like kids at Christmas :p

We already had a reservation at this hotel, which thankfully was refundable, as it was quite a bit more than this special. Got the same class of room King Deluxe Harbor View for almost half off! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love this board!

We already had a reservation at this hotel, which thankfully was refundable, as it was quite a bit more than this special. Got the same class of room King Deluxe Harbor View for almost half off! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love this board!

LOL you are very welcome! I love great deals like this. I need a room for May 30 and the cheapest I can find the IC is on easyclick travel for $156 a night. I'm holding out for a better deal. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the tip. I just booked a room for April 24. We had a room at the Double Tree Coconut Grove but with this we will save about $35.00 and be 10 min closer to the port :D I will have to keep DH from swimming to the port when he sees the ship at the dock and we can't get on. We will both be up with the sunrise because we're like kids at Christmas :p

Make sure you ask for a room that faces the port. We were upgraded for free and it was so exciting to wake up and see your ship sitting there waiting for you!

I LOVE these boards! What a money saver. I just booked for April 24th too! Ship - Liberty - you? Thank you so much letsgocruz1!

Quick question - don't arrive until 10 pm the night before. What's our options to get to the hotel from the airport? Taxi only?

Thanks so much. I just booked a 2 double with harbor view for $129 (I really want to the harbor view so I paid $30 to guarantee it!!). This is $45 less than my Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon for the same date (April 4th).

I LOVE these boards! What a money saver. I just booked for April 24th too! Ship - Liberty - you? Thank you so much letsgocruz1!

Quick question - don't arrive until 10 pm the night before. What's our options to get to the hotel from the airport? Taxi only?

Taxi is the best way to get to the InterContinental.

Laura

Yes you want to cab it. Will run about $25. It's a set fare.

LOL you are very welcome! I love great deals like this. I need a room for May 30 and the cheapest I can find the IC is on easyclick travel for $156 a night. I'm holding out for a better deal. Enjoy your stay!

Easyclick rates just went down for May. We had a room for $154 and got to rebook it for $129. easyclick is wonderful because there is no cancellation fee up to 3 days before the arrival date. So if a fabulous rate comes up on another site-you can just cancel and book it. Karen

Easyclick rates just went down for May. We had a room for $154 and got to rebook it for $129. easyclick is wonderful because there is no cancellation fee up to 3 days before the arrival date. So if a fabulous rate comes up on another site-you can just cancel and book it. Karen

Thank you! This is just what I did! I was so excited to see the price drop; and who knows...with this economy the price may lower even more before then. If not, I am happy with $129. I wanted either the IC or the new Epic hotel, the Epic is running $20 more a night (and it was just $129 last weekend :() so I will stick with the IC for now.

i was also looking at the intercontinental hotel is it a 4 star hotel and only for 100 bucks. i thought that was a steal it also real close to the port of miami. Does anyone else know whats close to it things to see i mean. I personally don't want to spent so much money on a one night pre cruise hotel but i want something that looks nice or is near lots of things. So if anyone has anymore suggestions that would be great!!!

Thanks for posting this, it is a great deal.

As far as around the port, there really isn't anything much. There is Bayside Market place, which is basically an outdoor mall. There is also a boat tour you can take, it goes down "millionaire row" where you can see homes of the rich and the famous. It is a lot of fun.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com

http://www.islandqueencruises.com/indexf.htm

Bayside Marketplace is 5 minutes away by foot; there are stores there if you want to browse or have something to eat though the selection of restaurants are not that great. The IC is also very close to downtown, you can take the people mover or just cross the street and walk down to where the Walgreens is if you need to get water, snacks etc. If you are adveturous you can take the people mover to the bus depot and take a bus to South Beach... in South beach there is a local bus that goes all over. Alternately you can also take a taxi to South Beach. Finally there is a shuttle to Dolphin Mall that picks up at the IC, $10.00 round trip.

Bayside Marketplace is 5 minutes away by foot; there are stores there if you want to browse or have something to eat though the selection of restaurants are not that great. The IC is also very close to downtown, you can take the people mover or just cross the street and walk down to where the Walgreens is if you need to get water, snacks etc. If you are adveturous you can take the people mover to the bus depot and take a bus to South Beach... in South beach there is a local bus that goes all over. Alternately you can also take a taxi to South Beach. Finally there is a shuttle to Dolphin Mall that picks up at the IC, $10.00 round trip.

Thanks for the info:D

I just changed to this hotel from the Miami La Quinta East Airport for only about $30 more! I think it will be a much more enjoyable evening too, with restaurants and live music to enjoy. Thanks for the tip! :)

NO comparison! Enjoy! And only a ten dollar cab ride to the pier in the morning.

I just changed to this hotel from the Miami La Quinta East Airport for only about $30 more! I think it will be a much more enjoyable evening too, with restaurants and live music to enjoy. Thanks for the tip! :)

That is a great deal for you. Much nicer hotel and the view in the morning is wonderful.

Enjoy your stay at this wonderful hotel.

Laura

I also changed from LaQuinta East to IC for next weekend for the $99.00 discount. I also have another cruise in July and booked on EasyClick for $100.20. If you use EasyClick they will charge your credit card and I did call the hotel to confirm the reservation and it was okay.

;)

• 1 month later...

I booked a room at the Intercontinental for post-cruise using this special hoping to get bumped from our oversold flight on the way home. When we ended up boarding the plane before 1:00 PM, I called right then and cancelled our reservation as our confirmation paperwork said:

"Cancelling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on the date of arrival or failing to show will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card."

Guess what? I now have a charge on my credit card for the room!

Negotiations are ongoing :mad: ...............

Barbara

I booked a room at the Intercontinental for post-cruise using this special hoping to get bumped from our oversold flight on the way home. When we ended up boarding the plane before 1:00 PM, I called right then and cancelled our reservation as our confirmation paperwork said:

"Cancelling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on the date of arrival or failing to show will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card."

Guess what? I now have a charge on my credit card for the room!

Negotiations are ongoing :mad: ...............

Barbara

If it is on their paperwork/contract, you have nothing to negotiate. They HAVE to issue a credit as long as you followed their "rules". Did you get a cancelation number? I always ask for one just for cases like this.

Archived