LIVE onboard the Ruby Princess 3-14/3-21

skyking

Hello All,

Tomorrow I will be boarding the Ruby for the first time. You will be able to follow my live report here on this thread. Stay tuned during the week as I continue to post daily, and also answer questions. I am new to Princess so I am here to help those who have been looking for answers. I look forward to posting...

ENJOY!

WOW! Can't wait to read your reports! We are looking at the Ruby as well...what type of cabin do you have???

Hope you can get lots of great pix too....(you can post them when you get home...i can wait!!:p)

have a great trip!

Have a great trip. Can't wait to read your live posts. Can you please find out how one goes about making reservations for the specialty restaurants. Also what shows are not to be missed.

Thanks. Leaving in 2 weeks on the Ruy.

I'll be following your post with interest. Have a friend who is going on their first family cruise - daughter 16, son 14. I told her all the Princess Secrets I knew and gave her my half used coffee card. I hope they have a great time.

Of course when anyone I know goes on a cruise, I wish I was going to. I would love to be boarding a ship today!!

I'm looking forward to your reports. I will be leaving on the Ruby 3/28.

Hey, we are on that same cruise. See ya at Outriggers for Meet and Greet. To the OP, thanks for taking the time to help us with our questions:)

What a great idea. Enjoy your cruise. Although we are no strangers to Princess, our first Ruby trip is June 9th.

I look forward to your comments and pictures.

ENJOY

Steven

PS my wife does have one question(going to be an unbelievable question) Are the hair dryers attached to the wall with a long hose? or are they separate hair dryers. Makes a big difference to her.

Thanks

Hello from the beautiful Ruby. WOW I am stunned how beautiful she is. From the time we walked into the building to boarding took 12 minutes, I am not kidding. Now we are sitting at the calypso bar, this is our first stop and we have a lot of ship to explore still. I think I found my new line:) so looooong Royal Caribbean:)

Post more soon.

we got here shortly after noon time.

The ship is so nice, we got all our bags and we are trying to decide I we want to unpack now or after the muster drill. Our little oceanview cabin on deck 5 is perfect and laid out great. Our mini bar setup is off but a quick call to room service and it's all fixed. So far so good, I will report later!

Recap:

Just signed up and got my internet going, no extra min for signing up the first day, thats ok as I wont even use these minutes up.

Just spoke to security at the door for folks coming on and he said over 1,000 kids under the age of 18 onboard this cruise.....So far princess has over exeted my expectations.

The ship is stunning and up there in my mind with ships like the Mariner....The deck and pool space is HUGE, we shall see how it is tomorrow with 1,000 kids by the pool. Dinner tonight has the Prime Rib and the Filet tenderloins is on the alternative menu...I cant wait for dinner:) Ciao for now!

Tim

Sailed with you a few years ago on the Pride. Looking forward to reading your postings - we'll be sailing on the Ruby in three weeks. Would appreciate knowing which nights you would suggest booking the speciality restaurants - I know we'd like to book the Grill on the night when they have Caribbean night ....so if you could let me know which night that is - plus any other night that would be good to miss the diningroom and bok Sabatini's.

Have great cruise!

Sandy

Recap:

Just signed up and got my internet going, no extra min for signing up the first day, thats ok as I wont even use these minutes up.

Just spoke to security at the door for folks coming on and he said over 1,000 kids under the age of 18 onboard this cruise.....So far princess has over exeted my expectations.

The ship is stunning and up there in my mind with ships like the Mariner....The deck and pool space is HUGE, we shall see how it is tomorrow with 1,000 kids by the pool. Dinner tonight has the Prime Rib and the Filet tenderloins is on the alternative menu...I cant wait for dinner:) Ciao for now!

Tim

we sailed her during Superbowl & had a great time except the crowd was a bit older & got too quite at 10:00, sounds like with all the kids you'll have a more lively group. Enjoy!!! Make sure to go to Sabitini's. Didn't care for it on The Carribbean Princess but this one is awesome & was better service wise then the Crown Grill.

Tim,

We are on the Ruby next week 3/21-28th. YOu have my mouth watering thinking of that Prime Rib :rolleyes:. I await anxiously your posts. It will make this coming week at work go faster. Have a SUPER TIME!

Peg :D

Tim,

I, too, will be REPLACING YOU next week on the Ruby. I am concerned that we will have 1000 kids as well next week. I would really like your impressions on how that many children is affecting your cruise.

If you could just find out one thing for me, I would greatly appreciate it. There has been some talk about the Sanctuary and week long passes. The general consensus is that a portion of the Sanctuary is for week long passes and the remainder are day or half day passes. Another post, several weeks ago, stated the the entire Sanctuary was sold as week long passes. Could you find out the skinny on the Sanctuary???? With 1000 possible kids, that place will be a priority for me, as i'm sailing kid-less this cruise. It will be my first stop after boarding, but would hate to show up at between 12-1 to find out that their are no more chairs left. Thanks and have an AWESOME cruise.

Archived