Luggage tags?

Are you getting e-documents or mailed documents for your cruise? If you are receiving e-docs, you will receive your luggage tags from the luggage porters at the pier. It is a quick and easy process. :) The necessary information will be on your Set Sail Pass.

If you have indicated that you are receiving...or have been notified by your travel agent that you will be receiving your cruise documents by regular mail..... your luggage tags will be included in the travel booklet. :D

Also, besides what pbhunt just told you. If you are flying to the port, do not put the tags on your luggage until after you land at your destination and get them from baggage claim. Never put them on at home before flying. ;)

If you don't get tags in the mail, just get them from the porters when you get to the ship--that's the easiest way! They have TONS of them!

And.....they are starting to be the wave of the future. It's simple, as cb at sea has mentioned.........all that you really need is your cabin number.

One of the cutbacks that we see......is that RCCl is no longer sending snail mail documents to all of the cruisers. Included in those documents would be your baggage tags.

So......if you are doing e-docs...........just be prepared to give your cabin number to a porter.

Believe it or not...........the bags with just the porters tag.......is arriving at the same time that the pre printed tags are!!

Rick

Oh come on...are we being a little SENSITIVE? Really, you should continue posting normally, like the rest of us do. I never knew your name was Pat....Alexis? We really will have to cruise together. :D Oh yeah. Actually on our last cruise, the porter only had an ink pen..a Sharpie or felt pen would have been better for filling out the tags.

Will they give you extra luggage tags? We are arriving to port via charer bus, and are wanting to leave port to pick up cases of pop and water prior to boarding - if we check our luggage, can we get extra luggage tags after to check the extra....we are 1st timre cruisers, please understand our ignorance :confused:

Same question....are you receiving e-docs or mailed documents? If you are receiving mailed documents it is easy to stick on an included luggage tag on bottles of water.

If you need to get the porters to do the same...I would probably tip some, ask them to write a luggage/room tag and you take your chances. :)

Oh come on...are we being a little SENSITIVE? Really, you should continue posting normally, like the rest of us do. I never knew your name was Pat....Alexis? We really will have to cruise together. :D Oh yeah. Actually on our last cruise, the porter only had an ink pen..a Sharpie or felt pen would have been better for filling out the tags.

I sure do hope you are teasing me. :o :D

Yes, the 501 ways to use the name Pat, Patricia, Patti, on Cruise Critic were all taken when I joined. (And I tried them all :rolleyes:)

So I went with a combo of last name letters and family meanings.

It came out to "Alexis"

All my Roll Calls know me as both. ;)

Now I know I am finally off of here. I am cross eyed. :eek:

Regarding not putting on luggage tags at home before flying.

If arriving 2 days before cruise, on a flight that arrives at 830pm.

I am thinking it would be safe to have cruise luggage tags on luggage.

What do you think?

I don't want to give my son too many instructions.

Non related side note:

None of my business, but I perplexed how the Alexis / Pat was discovered. I have re-read the posts, and I don't see any clues, but I am not too sharp.

Incidentally, I have a unusual first name which tends to be difficult to spell and remember, so that is why I do not sign off with my first name.

I feel that it can seem impersonal so I will have to come up with nickname.

Archived