Gem self serve laundry

brovol

I know NCL has closed almost all of its self serve laundry facilities, but a month ago people who got off the ship were saying that the self laundries were still operating. Can anyone confirm, one way or another, if the self laundries are still open?

Although they were still available on my 1/14 cruise, they were closed on my 2/14 cruise. They were not expected to be re opened at that time.

Thanks Pheton. I was hoping they would still be open. It can save on a lot of packing, and because my son and I do a lot of sporty activities, sweating tons, it can keep the cabin from smelling like a locker room. Looks like we either pay for the laundry service, or bring a little detergent, and wash in the sink.

yes they closed all the laundry in all the ships, because they want to make more money, is no bussines for them to have the self laundries, that´s the reason why the have so many promos on a 7 days cruise, and to make it worse the prices were increase. that is not nice from them. some times i just want to take care of my personal laundry, you know what I mean.

Too many passengers left their laundry in either the washers or dryers, causing many complaints. Then many other passengers left others laundry on the floor, causing even more complaints. Simple solution is to kill the laundrymats. The last thing the ship's management wants to hear is complaints for service they don't provide.

If you want your clothes cleaned on a ship, use the ship's laundry, cleaner service. They are in the hospitality business, not in the laundrymat business.

Yes, we have met the enemy, and the enemy is ourselves. Us.....

Look at it this way. When one of three complaints are about the self serve laundrymats, while at the same time one in a hundred complaints deal with the laundry cleaner service operated by NCL, guess which one is eliminated, gone, forever.

Princess and Carnival have self-serve laundries and people are considerate and not leave them in the machines thank goodness. I find them clean on all of their ships, however NCL was never clean the whole 9 days of the cruise, but we didn't complain because they were free. Can't complain about free and it was lame for people to do that.

Archived