new amenities

Ericknow32

Actually, I haven't found anything else that I'd possibly want on a ship that Carnival doesn't already provide. I believe that some CL's try to put too much stuff on their ships and none of that stuff interests me at all. Give me what I've got and give me a great itinerary :)

Actually, I haven't found anything else that I'd possibly want on a ship that Carnival doesn't already provide. I believe that some CL's try to put too much stuff on their ships and none of that stuff interests me at all. Give me what I've got and give me a great itinerary :)
I couldn't agree more. More itineraries. Open up more sleepy little fishing villages in Mexico and the Caribbean to cruisers. :) A tiny private island like many other cruise lines have would be nice also.

I don't need a MALL on a cruise ship. I live one block from one of the most upscale in Southern California.

I don't need a ROCK-CLIMBING WALL for Pete's sakes. I live one mile from Magic Mountain and huge rock-climbing walls that setup in 5 minutes off a specially constructed truck trailer spring up in every parking lot in So Cal every weekend. Give me a break ! !

I don't need a tiny ICE SKATING RINK. I grew up in Iowa and don't need to be reminded, thank you. :D

A SELF-LEVELING POOL TABLE ? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Gimmicks, gimmicks, gimmicks. Do they light up in the dark and play show tunes when you make the 8-ball? :confused:

Except maybe an outside THEATRE (ala Princess), I think the public space wasted on an inside theatre is a joke. The ELATION used to show a movie in the main showroom (which would be empty anyhow on the last night at sea) with a huge screen on the stage and obviously excellent seating arrangements. (they played TITANIC the last time I sailed the ELATION )

I cruise to keep re-establishing my heritage with the sea. I like to be able to listen to all kinds of good music, have a couple of brewskies, and eat a great Reuben sandwich all while looking out at the sea and pondering my existence (the reason I love the aft Lido deck of Spirit-classed ships).

I cruise to be fascinatingly introduced to different cultures, different people. and different places and ports. Its probably the main reason I seldom take excursions. I like to mingle with the locals, drink at their bars, walk their streets, and eat and shop where they eat and shop.

So, give me more itineraries and ports, Carnival. Your ships, food, and service are just fine (especially the Spirit class ships). :)

"The unexamined life is not worth living"

It's obvious from the bookings that many people do like the amenities such as rock climbing, ice skating, etc. That is why we have so many choices out there so that everyone can find what suits them. Cruise lines are going after the "first" time cruiser now more than ever and those amenities mentioned above targets those first time cruisers who may not have thought about leaving their yearly land based vacatoin to come out to sea.

MamaParrothead,

I grew up in the Northeast corner of Iowa. Lovely little town of 1360 people, Monona. Divorced and broke, I left for California in the mid 60s.

You'll get a kick out of this. I married a California girl sometime later and when we were traveling across Illinois to get from Chicago to Monona to meet my parents, my wife asked me, "What is all that green stuff out there, I see it everywhere ?"........I told her, "Sweetheart, that is CORN and don't ever ask that question again when we get to Iowa". :rolleyes:

Although I frequently make jokes about my childhood in Iowa, I still enjoy the nostalgia of an unencumbered childhood in a little Iowa "farm" town. Great schools, crime-free environment (then), and 4 definite seasons ! :D

Sorry, this is off topic (hope it doesn't get pulled before you read it). :)

A brew pub! They could get mircrowbrew beers from the better microbreweries, have plasma tv's to give better views of what is outside (in hdtv, of course) and serve up buffalo wings, beer battered fish, etc.

AMEN!!!

You are speaking my language!

That would make it utopia for me.....ahhhhhhhh good beer and chicken wings!!

Now only a hockey rink would make it better....

Brian

Enough said. I'd even be willing to pay a nominal couple of bucks for the priveledge of eating a freshly made omellette on my balcony deck.
That is one thing that I am looking forward to on the Navigator next week. Someone just posted the room service menu on the RCI board and hot breakfast items are on the menu.

Breakfast anyone?? Adventure of the Seas breakfast on the balcony. Now that is a way to start the day. Found this photo on another cruise site.

Cruise_2004_277.jpg

Hey, glrounds, I went to Morningside College in Sioux City! I'm in Iowa for life probably, but as long as I can get on a plane to a cruise ship I'm happy! Crazy as it sounds, even though my kids have grown up in Iowa, they are city kids and have said things almost as bad as your wife's corn comment. :D

I would like to see computers in the staterooms. A beach volleyball court would be cool. Hey if it were possible a self-leveling bowling alley would be cool to.

I do think the ice skating rink is a waist of space; although the skating show is brilliant and shouldn't be missed if you have the chance.

Hey don't knock the pool tables unless you have tried them. And hey even if you have tried them, still don't knock them. Its not like they take up a lot of space.

Crazy as it sounds, even though my kids have grown up in Iowa, they are city kids and have said things almost as bad as your wife's corn comment. :D
Like chocolate milk comes from BROWN cows ? That myth is very prevalent here also ! :D

Don't lament your "sentence" to spend the rest of your life in Iowa. You're among people that are truly the salt of the earth. Enjoy. :)

That is one thing that I am looking forward to on the Navigator next week. Someone just posted the room service menu on the RCI board and hot breakfast items are on the menu.

Breakfast anyone?? Adventure of the Seas breakfast on the balcony. Now that is a way to start the day. Found this photo on another cruise site.

Cruise_2004_277.jpg

I'll have what Gordie is having...

(Hope the Rhapsody has that menu in July 2005! We're trying the Royal Family Suite, but still have two cruises booked with Carnival next year, too.)

Archived