young couples on celebrity?

ngiva

My hubby and I are in our late 30's-early 40's and took our first Celebrity cruise several years ago. We're not "bar hoppers" or crazy drinkers (except for a nice bottle of wine with dinner). We find Celebrity very much to our liking. Furthermore, we enjoy meeting older folks with rich life experiences that have so much to share. We've kept in touch with several of the older couples we've had the pleasure of being seated with at dinner. From what you've posted, it sounds like you'll do well. Congratulations on your marriage and many happy years together!

Maybe someone can enlighten me on this topic, but it seems a lot of people, not just the OP of this thread, are concerened about the "average age" of passengers on cruises. I can almost understand a single person is taking a cruise to "meet" other singles on the ship, but for a couple, that shouldn't really make any difference.

However, I would highly suspect that you should have a wonderful 10 days of your honeymoon on your ship. And, congratulations!

X is awesome...it has become our favorite so far...I like it because it is not too fancy, where everything is so structured and over the top and you can't relax, yet it has that "Country Club" sorta feel of classiness to it...The ships are soooo nice, tasteful and X just has a great all around appeal. All age groups...like a nice resort would have. DH and I are 40 and we LOVE the food, the fun, the service. We had alot of fun an relaxation all in one place...Enjoy!!;)

DH is 26 and I am 24. We are never out being rowdy at the bars. We are looking forward to our upcoming Celebrity cruise simply because we are ready to be out of the "party" and "family" lines. I really hate that my age alone puts me in the cateogry of the Obnoxious cruisers. All of my friends are in their early 30's and I actually enjoy hanging out with people older than myself. I am hoping this will be the case with Celebrity. We prefer to have a quiet relaxing vacation. We may book some of the more adventurous and physical excursions, but we rarely stay out late, even on vacation!

You are going to love your Celebrity Cruisetour! We started out in Fairbanks doing tour #11. We flew up to the Arctic Circle and I would high recommend that excursion. You'll love the train! You'll love the cruise! You'll love everything! They do a great job! Hope you are lucky enough to get Cecelia as your cruisetour guide, she was wonderful! As was our driver Steve! Have a great trip!!! :D

I started my cruising at 31, but with my 11 yo son.. on Century. My husband a year younger joined us a couple of years go on Mercury and then on Century. We loved it.

It's not RCCL with all activities, and I wish they could add minigolf - of all activities we enjoy it the most, but other than that we find Celebrity to be a really nice line with some sophistication. :)

I remember us dancing on some nightes at disco, some night were quieter, but overall we never felt bored.

You are going to love your Celebrity Cruisetour! We started out in Fairbanks doing tour #11. We flew up to the Arctic Circle and I would high recommend that excursion. You'll love the train! You'll love the cruise! You'll love everything! They do a great job! Hope you are lucky enough to get Cecelia as your cruisetour guide, she was wonderful! As was our driver Steve! Have a great trip!!! :D

Thank you so much! We are debating between a 10 day cruise or a 7 day cruise with a pre-cruise tour. We are waiting for the schedules to come out, and then we will start doing more research. I love to cruise and do not want to be disappointed by the land part..... Your post gives me hope that it will be just as great.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on this topic, but it seems a lot of people, not just the OP of this thread, are concerened about the "average age" of passengers on cruises. I can almost understand a single person is taking a cruise to "meet" other singles on the ship, but for a couple, that shouldn't really make any difference.

However, I would highly suspect that you should have a wonderful 10 days of your honeymoon on your ship. And, congratulations!

We did our first cruise in 2006. My wife and I were 29 at the time. We were worried the people would be a bit too old for us.

No, it has nothing to do about couple exchanges :p. But you figure you'll find people around your age to talk to, and to perhaps go have a drink with at night. Couples, singles, famillies, whatever. We had this view, especially with Celebrity, that this would look like more of a retirement home than anything else. And who would really want to have a one week vacation in a retirement home?

It's a silly concept, really. We noticed the age varied, though admitedly, it was an older crowd. Mid-baby-boomers, mainly. At our table, at the MDR, we were sitted with a couple in their early 80s. And they were quite fun! We had a blast.

I did two cruises, both with Celebrity. We're sometimes curious as to know how it is to be on a cruise that seems for a younger crowd (Carnival and RCL comes to mind), but then, we go there not to dance all night and drink like crazy, but to have a quiet time. And on our last cruise on the Solstice, when, around the pool, a few young drunken lads began to dance and shout like idiots, we figured, despite this event, that this was the kind of quieter cruise we prefered.

Prejudgement, I guess.

Thanks ellbon

2. are you not allowed to walk around the ship in the evenings in shorts and t-shirts or polo shirts? i saw a few people and they look silly as it was formal night.

But are they acceptable any other night other then formal night? We tend to dress up on formal night but would rather be a little more casual most other nights as we are not huge on the dining room therefore no big need to dress up on the other nights.

i saw shorts in Micheal club and in the theatre other nights but I personally think it is wrong. what happen to nice pants. i tend to wear sundress's or pants at night.

The Solstice was my first Celebrity cruise.i liked the quiet at the pool. i do ont recall any games-maybe only over holidays when more children. some nights the ship seemed quiet but I had a sore thoat and went to bed early several nights.

I found RCI during the day way to loud at the pool. hard to find a quiet spot compared to Princess which has adult pools way forward.

Archived