Luggage Lost at Pier, Help!

I think that´s a very good tip and I do the same for every trip I go on.

Complete Itinerary with adresses, phone numbers and of course home adress and cellphone.

This goes laminated right on top of everything not to be missed when opening the suitcase.

I never put my home address on the itinerary that I put inside the suitcase since you can't lock them anymore other than with TSA locks. I figure some baggage handler (who probably has the thingee that the TSA people use to get into the suitcase) at the airport could read it and put out the word that M/M so and so are going to be gone for a couple of weeks so the coast is clear for a home robbery. A couple of times I listed our home address as the local police station but then figured it wouldn't take them long to get out a phone book and look up our address since we have a listed number. They have our cell phone number as well as son's home/cell/office number listed as an emergency contact, and phone numbers at the various destinations like hotel and flight information. That should be enough.

Tucker in Texas

A few years ago at Ft. Lauderdale, one case was missing.

I ran around like a lunatic, totally frantic.

A longshoreman took pity on me, went outside and had a look around and came back with my case. Had been sitting outside on the sidewalk.:eek::eek:

Thank you - not, whoever did that. They could at least have had the

grace to return it when they took it by mistake.

Wow that's exactly what happened to us in Miami a few years back. Also on that trip our son forgot that he had one more bag on the way home than he had on embarkation! So it ended up left on the pier the last day. It was shipped to him a couple of weeks later.....but all his souveniers were gone!

This time 11 of us are traveling together...so it'll be hard to keep up with all the baggage! We will for sure count bags both at the airport and on the pier.

Archived