? about Millenium "pod" problem

Hflors

Cans some one tell me how many times a cruise on Millenium has been cancelled because of "pod" problem? And how often does this seem to happen? I am booked on her next Jan on a Back to Back. I am wonderering if Celebrity would let me cancel my other reservation if either of my cruises were cancelled because of this problem.

Thanks for any input.

Cans some one tell me how many times a cruise on Millenium has been cancelled because of "pod" problem? And how often does this seem to happen? I am booked on her next Jan on a Back to Back. I am wonderering if Celebrity would let me cancel my other reservation if either of my cruises were cancelled because of this problem.

Thanks for any input.

Post #78 on this thread gives the pod failure history for all M class ships. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=519029&page=4

Post #78 on this thread gives the pod failure history for all M class ships. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=519029&page=4

Hi Shirley and Les !

That is a very informative post, but it should be noted that it's from July 2007. Summit and Millennium's information need to be updated.

Hi Shirley and Les !

That is a very informative post, but it should be noted that it's from July 2007. Summit and Millennium's information need to be updated.

Andy,

You are right about the update. Off the top of my head, I don't recall any true pod issues since then. I know one ship (I think it was the Millie) hit some rocks during a power failure and had to go into emergency drydock to fix a prop. I will search the boards over the next day or so to see if there have been any other pod failures.

Oddly enough, we have had "near misses" on pod issues on two cruises. We sailed to Hawaii and back on the Infinity at reduced speed about a week before she was drydocked. The Summit had an emergency drydock two weeks we were on a cruise to Alaska. We are scheduled for 16 nights on the Millie this fall so she should be in good shape.

Les

Archived