Westin Diplomat Resort Review

Firtree

Flew into Ft Lauderdale, rented a car from Thrifty and drove to the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa on February 26th. The hotel is beautiful. However, I would never stay there if I didn't have a car as it is very isolated from restaurants/stores etc. Be prepared to pay $17.00 per day to park your car in their garage, or $19.00 (I think) to have them park it for you. We checked in very easily and had a standard room with a king bed. The bathroom was kind of neat in that they had a type of pocket doors that opened between the bathroom right behind the whirlpool tub into the bedroom. You could sit there and watch tv if you wanted. We never used it as we were only there 2 days. The pool area was beautiful, but again, we didnt use it as it was a bit cool/windy. You can rent a type of cabana, but they're expensive as we found everything in the hotel to be. We never ate in the restaurants as they were way more than we wanted to spend before going on our cruise. You could get a Maine lobster for $80.00...yikes! Or, a steak from Greg Norman's Ranch (golfer?) for $100.00!!! No lobster or steak is worth that much to me!

They had free wifi in the lobby, but not in the rooms. Nice place, got a good price on hotwire, but won't stay there again.......unless I hit it rich before another trip!! Took the car back to Thrifty right outside the cruise port and took their free shuttle to the ship. That part was very easy.

Beth

We stayed post cruise March 8th -11th.

The hotel is fantastic, the pool bar is great for lunch and meals are

big enough to share, they offer free iced water and the service throughout the hotel is top notch, yes the Steak house is expensive but hey this is dining at its finest in one of the most affluent areas of South Florida.

The Marina is a great place to relax and has a few dining options again the service and the views are good. Nearby there is Nandos an excellent Italian Restaurant. The Trolley bus runs Wed thro Sunday and for $1 offers all day transport to DOwnown and the Boardwalk.

This is an excellent location and I would definately stay here again.

Flew into Ft Lauderdale, rented a car from Thrifty and drove to the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa on February 26th. The hotel is beautiful. However, I would never stay there if I didn't have a car as it is very isolated from restaurants/stores etc. Be prepared to pay $17.00 per day to park your car in their garage, or $19.00 (I think) to have them park it for you. We checked in very easily and had a standard room with a king bed. The bathroom was kind of neat in that they had a type of pocket doors that opened between the bathroom right behind the whirlpool tub into the bedroom. You could sit there and watch tv if you wanted. We never used it as we were only there 2 days. The pool area was beautiful, but again, we didnt use it as it was a bit cool/windy. You can rent a type of cabana, but they're expensive as we found everything in the hotel to be. We never ate in the restaurants as they were way more than we wanted to spend before going on our cruise. You could get a Maine lobster for $80.00...yikes! Or, a steak from Greg Norman's Ranch (golfer?) for $100.00!!! No lobster or steak is worth that much to me!

They had free wifi in the lobby, but not in the rooms. Nice place, got a good price on hotwire, but won't stay there again.......unless I hit it rich before another trip!! Took the car back to Thrifty right outside the cruise port and took their free shuttle to the ship. That part was very easy.

Beth

Thanks firtree,

We will be there in Five days!!:rolleyes::) Sounds great!

Kel:D

It is a shame if you missed Nikki Marina. We love to go there and split a bottle of wine and a couple of appetizers for dinner and watch the boats go by. Around $50 for two people.

Oh, we did go over to Nikki's Marina for a drink, and I agree, it IS beautiful....I think I'll stay closer to Ft Lauderdale Beach next time tho.....

Archived