AB Pearl questions - sitting area sofa=bed???

ocdb8r

OK, I am trying to decipher the bedding configuration of the AB suites on the Pearl and am having a hard time. I know the Master=1 Queen and 2nd bedroom = pullout double + pulldown twin. What is the deal with the sofa though? Some posts have given me the impression that it is NOT a bed, others that it IS. I think the problem may be that there are different sofa's in different rooms. Look at these photos:

11006 on the Pearl and 11512.

11006 looks like the convertible type sofa bed while 11512 CLEARLY is not. Can anyone shed light on this!??! We are going to be 3 adults and 2 children and thus would prefer the convertible sofa....

Editing to add reference to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=921226&highlight=suite+sofa

I'm wondering if anyone can shed light on whether this is a rollout in ALL staterooms for 2.0 OR if it's an anomaly to 11006.

Pearl11512.jpg.c96c920c5376ea4b640553a200a35d30.jpg

Pearl11006.jpg.ae063af0d6d54b89b7d16415af0cfb70.jpg

I believe some AB's are quads (accommodate 4 passengers), while others can sleep up to five. I am actually booked in suite 11512 on the Gem later this month, and was wondering if the sofa would be a sleeper. Our two children will be in the 2nd bedroom, so it doesn't really matter. We were in a Courtyard Villa last March, which has the exact same suite layout, and it had the smaller non-sleeper sofa. It wasn't very comfortable.

Thanks for the responses. Chi, just to confirm, are you saying the sofa in the living room (not the 2nd bedroom) was a full pullout?

Also, I was looking at the other thread - anyone know how to contact the ship coordinator to confirm?

Thanks again!

C.

Thanks for the responses. Chi, just to confirm, are you saying the sofa in the living room (not the 2nd bedroom) was a full pullout?

Also, I was looking at the other thread - anyone know how to contact the ship coordinator to confirm?

Thanks again!

C.

Here is the story up until a couple of months ago none of the ABs had sleeper sofas just the uncomfortable love seat. They have begun changing them out. So until you hear from someone in your AB it is the luck of the draw sofa/love seat until the roll out is complete.

We were in an AB on the Jewel a few weeks ago and the sofa converted to a "single" bed. It kind of did a Transformer like switch a-roo...:eek:

I didn't sleep on it but my BIL did and he said that it was pretty nice.

familyof4cruising has good pics of the sleeper sofa.

Yes, our sofa in living area was a pullout. I did not know there was a sofa in the 2nd bedroom. It was already laid out as a bed. There was also a single bed halfway up the wall. We never used it though; kids 4&7 shared the bed in second bedroom

I'm so glad will this be on the Dawn as well?

I wish they would put a sleeper sofa in either the AD suites or the AC.

For the two nighter me and my friend will have to share the bed if we want a suite, all the AB's are sold out. I hear the rollaway beds are really bad:(

ocd8br,

Sorry it took a bit to notice, but we were just on the Jewel with you!

Where are you looking to go?

We just cruised in an AB, I'd be glad to answer any questions about them if I can. E-mail: centralap at kci.net. :)

Time2Cruise,

1) Is this a confirmed rollout or just speculation?

2) Is there a timeline? I'm not cruising until next January....

Not speculation - confirmed on the Jewel, Pearl, and just heard from folks off the Dawn that had a sleeper sofa in an AB.

Hey everyone - thank you SO MUCH for all the info. Given I'm not cruising until next January, I think I'm confident they should have replaced all the sofa's by then.

This community is such a great wealth of knowledge....

• 5 months later...

Archived