Dress Code on RCL Ships

Hi to all...We are about to sail with RCL for the first time. We have sailed 22 times in the past 12 years (Princess, Celebrity, Carnival). We enjoy "getting dressed" every night for dinner. Does Royal enforce the dress code for the dining rooms; do most passengers wear long dresses/tuxes on formal nights? We have heard that there are alot of "kids" on this line so maybe the dress is more informal. We'll be dressing up anyway but we would appreciate any feedback. One more thing, is there a charge for the different ships activities (rock climbing wall, ice skating, etc.)? And where would we find this info?

RCI has a "suggested" dress code which means that they leave it up to the guests on how they dress. Some ships are more strict than others as to what is allowed in the dining room and what's not. You will more than likely see everything from tuxes to shorts so don't be surprised.

As far as charges. There are no charges for the rock wall, ice skating, flowrider, etc. There are charges for things like specialty coffee, Ben and Jerry's ice cream and Johnny Rockets if the indeed has one on board.

If you enjoy getting dressed up for every dinner, do it. It seems that on RCCL there is less dressing up each time we cruise.

The ice show and climbing wall are free. If you have conceirge privileges, you can get your ice tickets there. If not, the daily Compass will explain how to get them.

Have a great cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

You can certainly dress each evening.

Be prepared ,if you are seated with other pax ,to see just about anything.

RCI does not do a good job about enforcing much of anything.

Hope you like looking at a muscle shirt and hairy shoulders while feasting on a lovely lamb shank.;) (and the men sometimes don't look any better):D

LOL - Muscle shirt and hairy shoulders? Sheesh, I'm glad I didn't see that !

Any of the shows that you go to, the Comedians, the musicals, the Love and Marriage game, are all free.

Does Freedom have the risque "scavenger hunt" game show ? I don't know why I can't think of the name !

LOL - Muscle shirt and hairy shoulders? Sheesh, I'm glad I didn't see that !

Any of the shows that you go to, the Comedians, the musicals, the Love and Marriage game, are all free.

Does Freedom have the risque "scavenger hunt" game show ? I don't know why I can't think of the name !

It is called Quest and I have NEVER seen muscle shirts allowed in the dining room nor anyone trying it. Most people respect the lines suggestions.

Archived