Celebrity Solstice 3/7/10: Atlantis Cruise

philamike

Who's rebooked? :-)

My friends and I retained our eight cabins, and a few other friends rebooked in other cabins adjoining ours. I think we have 11 cabins for this trip!

- Mike :-)

We'll be there. I don't know if you remember us Mike but we approached you and I told you that I recognized your pic from the cruise critic thread.

Jim & Terry

We're booked and we met some very nice and fun guys from the Philly area too who rebooked also. We went up to the booking area on the days they were open and noticed a lot of people rebooking for the Solstice. You could rebook in your room if you wanted to keep it but I guess many people wanted to switch rooms. It didn't seem like many people were booking the other Atlantis cruises, at least when I was there.

We're thinking about the PV land based trip in the fall, has anyone ever done that?

We'll be there. I don't know if you remember us Mike but we approached you and I told you that I recognized your pic from the cruise critic thread.

Yes I do remember -- thanks for doing that, and it was a pleasure to meet you too! A couple other CC'ers also introduced themselves to me on board.

We're booked and we met some very nice and fun guys from the Philly area too who rebooked also.

The group I was part of, we're a mix of Philly, Chicago, Omaha and Atlanta boys. We had 8 cabins on this cruise. We all retained our rooms for next March, and a few other friends rebooked in adjoining rooms. I believe we're up to 11 cabins now (all in a row on deck 6). An Atlantis staffer told one of my friends that we have the largest room block reserved for next year.

The group I was part of, we're a mix of Philly, Chicago, Omaha and Atlanta boys. We had 8 cabins on this cruise. We all retained our rooms for next March, and a few other friends rebooked in adjoining rooms. I believe we're up to 11 cabins now (all in a row on deck 6). An Atlantis staffer told one of my friends that we have the largest room block reserved for next year.

Were you the guys with the film-themed door decorations? I remember them from our deck, deck 6.

Were you the guys with the film-themed door decorations? I remember them from our deck, deck 6.

Yes, that was us! Every name-tag had a different "filmography" of lewd movie title parodies: e.g., An Officer and a Genital Man, Shaving Ryan's Privates, Mr. Holland's Anus, Good Will Humping, etc. etc.

Michael,

I noticed from your signature that you typically to the Jan cruises but you tried the March cruise with the Solstice and are now going back to the Jan cruise, any reason?

I'm asking because our first cruise was on the March cruise, then tried the Jan and are now back to the March. The Jan cruise is a bit too circuity for us.

Michael,

I noticed from your signature that you typically to the Jan cruises but you tried the March cruise with the Solstice and are now going back to the Jan cruise, any reason?

I'm asking because our first cruise was on the March cruise, then tried the Jan and are now back to the March. The Jan cruise is a bit too circuity for us.

Only that my husband is starting nursing school this autumn and will be in the thick of his clinicals during March of 2010 so it would be impossible for him to take the week off in March. He's off in January so there will be no scheduling difficulties.

We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and the ship so it's not a indication of a negative experience.

I didn't find much of a difference between the circuitiness (new word!) of either cruise. I find that the circuit boys don't appear during the day or on the excursions and they stick to themselves in the middle of the dance floor. There are so many other things to do on both cruises that it's easy to not notice them at all (except maybe passed out in the sun by the pool during the day). I experienced snotty attitude on this last cruise (March) and on the last January cruise (Liberty), but only once each time and I just laughed at the queen responsible.

Yes, that was us! Every name-tag had a different "filmography" of lewd movie title parodies: e.g., An Officer and a Genital Man, Shaving Ryan's Privates, Mr. Holland's Anus, Good Will Humping, etc. etc.

Unless their was a large contingent from Omaha, I think we met some of your friends on our snorkeling excursion in Curacao. One of them was a guy from India. Was that them? I can't remember their names.

How about the classic "Ordinary Peep-Holes"?

Hey Mike,

You were in the adjoining staterooms with Tony and Joe then, right? I saw you once out on the adjoining balconies but didn't add it up until now (duh!). Did you see the shooting star that night? I can't remember if you did or not. Did Tony and Joe re-book for next year too? I booked on but am doing the share category as of right now. :cool:

~Jake

You were in the adjoining staterooms with Tony and Joe then, right? I saw you once out on the adjoining balconies but didn't add it up until now (duh!). Did you see the shooting star that night? I can't remember if you did or not. Did Tony and Joe re-book for next year too? I booked on but am doing the share category as of right now. :cool:

~Jake

Hey Jake! Yep, that's me. Although I was out on my balcony when Tony saw the shooting star, I missed seeing it... Tony and Joe did rebook for next year, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott - I have no idea when they're going to open it up to the public but from what I saw there's a lot of rooms already booked.

Mike - Atlantis just ran through a charge to my cc so I think I am definitely going in 2010 now!! :D I wonder what cabin I got? LOL. Tony wanted me to stay close if not as part of your block on the bump. I don't think you guys are in a share category though! :cool: I eagerly await the docs from Atlantis telling me where I am in the ship. :D Hope you are doing well... this reality thing really bites! I want to go back!!!!!!

~Jake

When does Atlantis typically open this up for the general public to book?

I don't know if this is tipical, but last year they opened around June or July, I tried to book on May but they told me nope:mad:; by the time they opened up I was still p'd off so I didn't book. I guess we will give it a try this year.

I'd call on a regular basis. They also open things up depending on how many vacations you've done with them. The more vacations, the earlier you get to book. This came in handy last year when we changed our minds and switched from the January to March (Solstice). This year we went back to January on the Liberty.

Mike - Atlantis just ran through a charge to my cc so I think I am definitely going in 2010 now!! :D I wonder what cabin I got? LOL. Tony wanted me to stay close if not as part of your block on the bump. I don't think you guys are in a share category though! :cool: I eagerly await the docs from Atlantis telling me where I am in the ship. :D Hope you are doing well... this reality thing really bites! I want to go back!!!!!!

Hey Jake -- Atlantis probably won't assign you until shortly before the cruise. However, you may be able to join into our group -- some of us reserved cabins as "solo" travelers, and we'll find roommates to fill in those spots as we get closer to the cruise. (This is part of our strategy to one day completely take over an entire Atlantis sailing. MWAHAHA! :-) )

Contact me via email or find me on Facebook: mike [at] alumni.upenn.edu

Hey guys- Sosltice was a really great time. I haven't rebooked yet because I'm considering a Europe cruise for 2010. But in the event I decide to go...does anyone have the port information? I think it was going to be four new ports, right? Thanks, D

I'd call on a regular basis. They also open things up depending on how many vacations you've done with them. The more vacations, the earlier you get to book. This came in handy last year when we changed our minds and switched from the January to March (Solstice). This year we went back to January on the Liberty.

Just curiousity here... did you like the January vacations more than the Solstice? If so, why? :cool: Thanks! :)

Hey guys- Sosltice was a really great time. I haven't rebooked yet because I'm considering a Europe cruise for 2010. But in the event I decide to go...does anyone have the port information? I think it was going to be four new ports, right? Thanks, D

Tenative right now the ports are (not in the right order either unless my memory is really THAT good :D):

1. San Juan 2PM to 8PM (this really is #1 and it is for 6hrs)

2. St Barts - Long Day in port

3. Tortola, BVI - 7AM to 1PM (have to leave early to get to..)

4. Labadee, Haiti - RCI Private Island for an all day there.

All the ports run consecutive days in a row so the middle part of the cruise is port intensive with a sea day on both sides of the cruise (well 1.5 at the beginning since PR is such a short port call). HOWEVER, this is subject to change since Rich said the itinerary hasn't been finalized yet. It's like it was this year with the Solstice cruise, originally it was calling at other places and it got changed around. I am glad we went to Curacao though. It's a very nice place and worthy of every gay dollar. :)

Thank you for the port info.

To the guy asking about January vs. March... January is definitely a bigger party/circuit cruise. This year a lot of those guys who go every year booked the March/Solstice just to try out the brand new ship, but it sounds like most are reverting back to January next year. I would assume that the Solstice will be a little bit more relaxed in 2010. Just FYI the October/Mexico cruise out of LA seems to me to be the perfect blend of all of the above. :D

Hey Dave,

You are quite welcome. The crowd on the Solstice was the right blend of people. There were the circuit people and then there were the other non-party crowd so the parties did thin a bit each night around 4AM (myself leaving included minus White Party which I stayed at the whole time)!!

I know the circuit crowd is on the January cruises so I do tend to avoid those now. I like the European cruises because a lot of that is curtailed. However, the ship is the reason why I went and the Atlantis product just made it that much more enjoyable to go again next year.

Just FYI the October/Mexico cruise out of LA seems to me to be the perfect blend of all of the above. :D

Hey Dave, that's good to know since we're taking our first West Coast cruise this year. While this past March was a great trip I think because of the large number of Jan cruisers on this ship it was still a bit circuity.

I'm wondering what will happen when Atlantis books the Oasis of the Seas and does it in Jan 2011. Will they still continue to have a March cruise?

Hey Dave,

You are quite welcome. The crowd on the Solstice was the right blend of people. There were the circuit people and then there were the other non-party crowd so the parties did thin a bit each night around 4AM (myself leaving included minus White Party which I stayed at the whole time)!!

I know the circuit crowd is on the January cruises so I do tend to avoid those now. I like the European cruises because a lot of that is curtailed. However, the ship is the reason why I went and the Atlantis product just made it that much more enjoyable to go again next year.

Cruisin, were you part of the group from Boston with the green t-shirts at the Welcome party?

Archived