Celebrity Solstice 3/7/10: Atlantis Cruise

philamike

Hey guys, My husband and I are booking this week for the Solstice cruise. We usually do 3 cruises a year, but this time decided on Atlantis. Add 2 more virgins to the ship. My ? is, what parties have been announced so I know what to pack/buy. I know RSVP had color t-dances. (Lime,blue, or yellow etc). Just want to get a head start, I love to participate. Really excited about this cruise.

Thanks, James

are any of you guys doing the Atlantis cruises in Europe this summer?? There is Barcelona toAthens and Athens to Barcelona.

I am recently single, clean and non-hairy smiley bear type looking to meet other singles who may be interested in a share basis. I dont smoke or do any drugs, tho Jack Daniels or a nice bottle of Rioja doesnt go amiss.

I have cruised loads of times before, but never on a gay cruise.

Hey guys - we're booked for this trip, as well. Now that the holidays are over, we can't wait! We're in Atlanta, and it was only 17 degrees this morning! That's crazy cold for us boys in the South - come on March!! Looking forward to meeting everyone....

Okay we are booked. Only 60 more days. I see that they posted the info and to register for the Liberty cruise yesterday. Is that the earliest you can book your shore excursions? 2 weeks before departure. Got a hotel on Las Olas, might stop by the Sea Monster for a couple drinks Saturday night. Later guys,

James

Me and my friend are looking forward to our first cruise march 7-14, don't know yet what we expect in the Solstice but we are hoping it will be lots of fun.

I hope too that to reserved a private dinner for his birthday on march 11, 2010, is not that expensive.

Me and my friend are looking forward to our first cruise march 7-14, don't know yet what we expect in the Solstice but we are hoping it will be lots of fun.

I hope too that to reserved a private dinner for his birthday on march 11, 2010, is not that expensive.

Welcome! Both of you are going to have an amazing time -- enjoy every moment of it.

Solstice has several specialty restaurants which cost between $20 and $30 per person -- and the food quality and experience are worth dining there at least once during the week. You can make a reservation by calling the phone number listed in your daily newsletter onboard.

- Mike :-)

Is there any word on entertainers? Or specific themes for the parties?

We won't know specifics until two or three weeks before the cruise -- Atlantis will post a "cruise guide" on their website. The party themes are usually the same (though the titles may change around a bit). Typically, they are:

- Dog Tag T-Dance (camo, etc.)

- Mardi Gras (but I heard next week's Liberty cruise has replaced this with an "Alice in Wonderland" themed party)

- Tribal/Island (lots of sarongs, warpaint, etc.)

- Classic Disco T-Dance (70s)

- White Party (the signature party of the week)

- Summer/Beach T-Dance (on the last full day of the cruise)

They usually throw in an 80s party and a 90s party during the week, too -- those might not be on the pool deck, and people usually don't do any costumes for them.

- Mike :-)

Hi guys.

I just got done booking this cruise! Pretty last minute for me!

This will be my 4th Atlantis cruise but first time using Atlantis share. Keeping my fingers crossed that my roommate is compatible!

I look forward to meeting you guys in March.

Hobie

My partner and I are not new to cruising but this is our first gay cruise! We have wanted to book an Atlantis cruise for a long time but were nervous, not knowing exactly what to expect. After asking around with friends we finally decided to give it a try - and we are soooo excited. :-) I also here that Celebrity has some amazing ships.

I read through most of this thread and only have one remaining question so far. We are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale a day early and staying a few extra days after the cruise to "detox" lol, does anyone have suggestions on where we should stay in FTL?

I am so excited about all the different parties I read about...but I am scared at how many bags we are going to have to pack!!! <g> Who cares, it is so C-O-L-D here in Columbus, OH right now so this cruise cannot get here fast enough.

Thanks.

S

QTcmh My husband and I are also Atlantis virgins. Just got off the Liberty of the seas for our 10th anniv. last month. Usually do 4 cruises a yr, but finally decided on a gay cruise. Really excited, cannot wait to get the finals on parties and entertainers. It's been cold and snowy here in NW Indiana. Come on March. Later, James

QTcmh My husband and I are also Atlantis virgins. Just got off the Liberty of the seas for our 10th anniv. last month. Usually do 4 cruises a yr, but finally decided on a gay cruise. Really excited, cannot wait to get the finals on parties and entertainers. It's been cold and snowy here in NW Indiana. Come on March. Later, James

James,

Good to know we are not the only newbies! Congrats on your 10 years - that is awesome. We are heading to year #9 and I still cannot believe it sometimes...time flies when your having fun. :-)

Looking forward to March as well...these gray skies and cold days are getting to me! I just keep thinking about all the sunshine and fun that awaits. <g> I am also looking forward to the food and drinks...been dieting like crazy to prepare! LOL

See you on board!

Scott

Hey guys, been to busy to check or post but I'm can't wait for this cruise. I feel like I really need this cruise this year too. Especially after yesterday's loss in Mass. I need to something to look foward to.

BostonBud,

I hear ya - unfortunately saw that upset coming but was holding out hope for a miracle until the last minute. When I finally excepted it you should have seen me pacing around our condo like a crazy man...politics does that to me. hehe

We are looking forward to a good time as well and need to get away from everything here in c-bus. I personally cannot wait to compare an all-gay cruise to my past cruises & vacations. :-)

Scott

BostonBud,

I hear ya - unfortunately saw that upset coming but was holding out hope for a miracle until the last minute. When I finally excepted it you should have seen me pacing around our condo like a crazy man...politics does that to me. hehe

We are looking forward to a good time as well and need to get away from everything here in c-bus. I personally cannot wait to compare an all-gay cruise to my past cruises & vacations. :-)

Scott

Scott, We were still hoping for something good to happen too. The polls where we live in Boston had long lines, unfortunately, Boston as a whole did not get out and vote (only 40 to 45% voted). I do not anticipate that he will get re-elected in 2012.

While I was only on one alternative cruise (that's what I like to call them) back in 90, it was only a short Carnival cruise with a female college friend, and it is no comparison. If you like the other cruises, you are going to LOVE the Atlantis version. Never have I been on a vacation where everyone is having a good time and friendly and there is no attitude, and no screaming children. I was on the Mexican cruise last year in the middle of Hurricane Rick and I still had a great time because of the people on board, in fact it was one of the best cruises we've been on.

Buddy

Scott, We were still hoping for something good to happen too. The polls where we live in Boston had long lines, unfortunately, Boston as a whole did not get out and vote (only 40 to 45% voted). I do not anticipate that he will get re-elected in 2012.

While I was only on one alternative cruise (that's what I like to call them) back in 90, it was only a short Carnival cruise with a female college friend, and it is no comparison. If you like the other cruises, you are going to LOVE the Atlantis version. Never have I been on a vacation where everyone is having a good time and friendly and there is no attitude, and no screaming children. I was on the Mexican cruise last year in the middle of Hurricane Rick and I still had a great time because of the people on board, in fact it was one of the best cruises we've been on.

Buddy

Buddy,

You have me even more excited now! We do love cruising and I had not even thought of the NO CHILDREN on board...sweet. :-)

Scott

Six weeks from today, we will be boarding the Solstice. It's going to be a great cruise and I look forward to meeting all of you guys.

AHHHHHH! I can't believe it is getting so close...it will be here before we know it. We are both excited and cannot wait to get out of Columbus, OH and enjoy the Caribbean sunshine.

Hey guys:

My partner and I just booked onto this cruise -- a little nervously. First gay cruise, but we're pretty excited. Have started a ferocious last minute diet and increased personal trainer sessions, but how much can you get done in six weeks?

Anyway hope it will be fun!

Mike

I know, right!? I have started a mad diet and exercise program as well...of course we booked months ago but as usual I procrastinated. <g> I mean, it is kinda hard to diet properly during the holiday. :-) Oh well, I just can't wait to get out of c-bus and enjoy some sunshine. BTW, this is our first gay cruise as well and we are so excited, wanted to book one for years and finally decided to give it a try.

See you guys on board Mike!

Scott

Well boys, you certainly are in for the treat! I don't know if you have some of the fears that I had about an all gay cruise but they were quickly dispelled after being on board (that was in 2007 on our first cruise) and we have done 4 already since then with Atlantis. It is quite addicting. Luckily, many of the complaints I've read about on Cruise Critic (children, rude passengers, etc...) I haven't yet experienced on the Atlantis cruises.

We also think that one of the differences in this type of cruise is that EVERYONE is on the same vacation. The other cruise, you have family reunions or groups, but on Atlantis we really are just one big group. Just talking about it is making me want to jet down to FL and start my vacation.

Archived