How well do the Azamara Mediteranean cruises sell?

stipmom

I am interested in the June 2010 cruise that stops in the Ukraine and Bulgaria. I noticed the 2010 price is the same as the 2009 cruises. For those who booked the 2009 cruise awhile ago did the prices go up? Thanks

We are booked on the 4/5/09 Journey cruise to the Med and our price actually went down considerably at one point. We upgraded AND got a refund to boot. LOVE Azamara! :D

More than a month before sailing it was completely sold out, but since I wasn't monitoring that closely I can't say how far in advance the sell-out occurred. Hope that answers your question!

And if you decide to book that cruise I'm sure you'll have a great time. It sounds fabulous.

I am interested in the June 2010 cruise that stops in the Ukraine and Bulgaria. I noticed the 2010 price is the same as the 2009 cruises. For those who booked the 2009 cruise awhile ago did the prices go up? Thanks

Our cruise price went down, but this is not necessarily predictive.

I think that if prices went down, it may be because of the downturn in the economy. People have cut back on traveling, and by lowering the prices, it may be more affordable to some. Just a thought. We are going to the MEditer. in October. I know that Oceania offers free airfare, but the iternerary that we wanted was with Azamara.

Prices may well drop in April after final payment is due and some people have decided to cancel just before this and get their deposit back (which you can do in the States but not in the UK... we lose our deposit).

Work out when this may happen and look at the prices daily. Any low prices will usually be for new bookings only as they are only trying to fill the ship.

Depending on demand there may be price drops but be aware that if you want a particular cruise line/ship/date it may be full or the price may go up. Also particular cabin categories may be sold out and you will often not have a choice of cabin number.

April/May/October/November in Europe do not usually get fully booked. June is more popular but not as much as school holidays so you might find a discount if you wait.

We were looking for an April or May cruise on Celebrity/Azamara and ended up booking the Journey 15th April cruise in the last week of February. As another post has said, the 5th April sailing was fully booked so anyone waiting for the price on that to fall would have had no luck. Since we booked the price on our cruise has gone up and down numerous times depending on whether a cabin class guarantee has been offered or withdrawn.

We are booked on the 4/5/09 Journey cruise to the Med and our price actually went down considerably at one point. We upgraded AND got a refund to boot. LOVE Azamara! :D

More than a month before sailing it was completely sold out, but since I wasn't monitoring that closely I can't say how far in advance the sell-out occurred. Hope that answers your question!

And if you decide to book that cruise I'm sure you'll have a great time. It sounds fabulous.

drink:

See our roll call for this sailing:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18503322&posted=1#post18503322

C'mon. Join in. And be sure to sign up for the CC Meet& Greet

Archived