Flying with Hairspray?

mjl1960

Has anyone had any problems flying with hairspray? I am sure it has to be in a checked bag and not carry on...but didn't know if you were restricted with it because hairspray usually comes in bottles more than 3 oz.

Has anyone had any problems flying with hairspray? I am sure it has to be in a checked bag and not carry on...but didn't know if you were restricted with it because hairspray usually comes in bottles more than 3 oz.

The 3 oz. rule only applies to carry ons. You can put any size liquids in your checked bags.

I just get the travel size aerosols at the drug store and put them in my carry on quart bag. It's plenty for a week long cruise. I've had the big cans leak in my luggage and count that as a hard learned lesson...;)

That's why I always put my hairspray, shampoo, sunscreen, lotion, etc. etc........anything liquid.....into a gallon size ziplock bag in my checked luggage. :)

For my last couple of cruises, I have used one of those hard plastic storage boxes made for shoes. Perfect size to hold all my travel size toiletries, sunscreen, ect. It fits nicely at the bottom of my suitcase with NO fear of getting crushed. Any medications or item that I cannot live without comes with me in my carry on.

Can't add anything on the hairspray.....you've gotten very good answers

I carry the aerosol can (less than 3 oz) in my 1 quart bag in my CARRY-ON bag and have never had a problem.

Archived