Don't Fly Frontier

DBColorado

Don't fly Frontier airlines unless you want rude flight attendants. :mad: I realize that the service on all the airlines had deteriorated, but it is time the flying public reminds the airlines we have a choice where will spend our dollars by flying those airlines where the flight attendants can be civil to the passengers. I encountered such rudeness on a Frontier flight yesterday that for the first time in my thirty to fourty years of flying I am writing to customer service to complain. So think of what options you have when choosing an airline.

I encountered such rudeness on a Frontier flight yesterday that for the first time in my thirty to fourty years of flying I am writing to customer service to complain.
Now, let me see.

Either you fly Frontier regularly, and this is the first time that you have had cause to complain about rudeness. In which case, your own experience of rudeness would be an exception to Frontier's normal service. And your post would therefore be unjustified.

Or maybe you fly Frontier regularly, and you get this rudeness all the time. But then, you'd be in the position of having long ignored the advice you now proffer, namely to choose another airline.

Or perhaps the truth is that you seldom fly Frontier - or perhaps even for the first time yesterday - but you would condemn the entire airline on the basis of your experience on one trip. Hmm - on that basis, just how much is your opinion worth?

Personally, I'd view this as an irrational rant by someone who doesn't actually know enough what they're talking about, because they don't actually have much idea what Frontier is like as an airline.

Now, let me see.

Either you fly Frontier regularly, and this is the first time that you have had cause to complain about rudeness. In which case, your own experience of rudeness would be an exception to Frontier's normal service. And your post would therefore be unjustified.

Or maybe you fly Frontier regularly, and you get this rudeness all the time. But then, you'd be in the position of having long ignored the advice you now proffer, namely to choose another airline.

Or perhaps the truth is that you seldom fly Frontier - or perhaps even for the first time yesterday - but you would condemn the entire airline on the basis of your experience on one trip. Hmm - on that basis, just how much is your opinion worth?

Personally, I'd view this as an irrational rant by someone who doesn't actually know enough what they're talking about, because they don't actually have much idea what Frontier is like as an airline.

GREAT!!!

You've hit ALL of the rant-nails right on the head!!!!!

Please send me the link to the airline where you can guarantee that I will be waited on hand and foot by supermodel flight attendants who fawn over my every move. Thanks.

I can't give a link because they stopped their flights in 2006, but I think Hooters Air fits your description... :D

I personally think some of your comments here are out of line, making fun of someone, and quite rude, to someone who was just expressing their opinion, and relating something they experienced ! I'm new to this board, contributing, and asking questions, and I have been enjoying it, but your comments certainly make me afraid to express my opinion in the future. :(

I personally think some of your comments here are out of line, making fun of someone, and quite rude, to someone who was just expressing their opinion, and relating something they experienced ! I'm new to this board, contributing, and asking questions, and I have been enjoying it, but your comments certainly make me afraid to express my opinion in the future. :(

If the original poster had:

a) written what happened (what does "rude" mean?)

b) said that she/he was made uncomfortable enough so that Frontier would never again be chosen as a vender

I do not think there would have been any negative comments.

A vague comment (rude fight attendants) and a title of Don't Fly Frontier is, however, asking for a send-up.

Bear in mind that we have no idea what happened on the flight. Also, if I never flew any airline with a flight attendant was not rude at least once, I am not sure I could fly any airlines. Maybe Singapore, certainly no U.S. base carrier and I think I have flown all the majors and most of the minors.

Frontier has roughly 350 flights per day, and people are being told "Don't fly Frontier" based on one bad experience by one poster.

Contrast that with the well-documented problems that USAirways had/has at PHL, and you can see there is a significant difference, and that people should be aware that it is a one-time complaint of a single poster.

I am all for people to post their opinions. However, when it is just an unsubstantiated singular rant, to adapt the words of H.L. Mencken:

We must respect the other fellow's opinion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

If the original poster had:

a) written what happened (what does "rude" mean?)

b) said that she/he was made uncomfortable enough so that Frontier would never again be chosen as a vender

I do not think there would have been any negative comments.

A vague comment (rude fight attendants) and a title of Don't Fly Frontier is, however, asking for a send-up.

Bear in mind that we have no idea what happened on the flight. Also, if I never flew any airline with a flight attendant was not rude at least once, I am not sure I could fly any airlines. Maybe Singapore, certainly no U.S. base carrier and I think I have flown all the majors and most of the minors.

So, maybe someone could have said something like that to the first poster, as opposed to the way they replied? Or possibly just asked what happened, as opposed to treating him/her the way they did? Just wondering - just my opinion. :confused:

This is meant constructively to the OP- Read up on how to write a complaint letter. If the tone, comments, vagueness, and threat in the post are how the letter is written (email is better BTW), it probably won't get action other than a form letter or auto-reply. I'm not saying you shouldn't complain. Companies mess up all the time and they need to hear about it when they do. But they need details if you expect them to take action, and since every customer is different they need to know your level of expectation and how they missed the mark. If you just want to make a rant that's OK but expect zero response.

Again, this is meant to help the OP get the outcome they want. "I will never use you again" is an outcome that needs none of their action...and then things won't improve for the next customer!

• 2 weeks later...
... to someone who was just expressing their opinion ...
No, they weren't. They were having an irrational and illogical rant, which is different.

Not all opinions are worth ventilating, anyway. Some are pretty worthless and just a waste of cyberspace.

And for the record...when you tell a business "I will never use you again" they are not likely to address your complaints (especially such vague complaints) because they have other customers who will use them again.

Steve

I just booked Frontier. I like the animal pictures on the tails.

:)

Seriously, if they get me (and my luggage) from A to B and back to A again safely and in a timely manner, I'm happy. Rude attendants or animal pictures do not matter.

For DBColorado.

We also live in Colorado and we like Frontier. Have flown them for many years with no problems. We have friends that work for Frontier.

Frontier is considered to be Denver's home town air line with many thousand people working for them here.

To have a complaint is one thing but to use your 11th post on CC for a rant with no back up is another.

You need to post an apology and an explanation here IMHO.:eek:

Jack

for the

Just to jump on the band wagon, Frontier is one airline I rate very highly, heck their coach product is better than the majority of other airlines flying in the US (B6 and Virgin are others I rate highly), I am sorry you had a bad flight with them, but your heavily in the minority on that.

Well FA's like all humans can be rude, I have had my share of them, however I would not stop flying an airline due to one persons actions, however a not so nice email would be sent and the companies reaction to that would have a say in my future bookings.

live in denver area and flown Frontier many times, their FA are much nice and more helpful that the other large airline here, esp when traveling with kids. I have never heard someone not like them.

we will be flying to FLL for our cruise on Frontier in July.

any flight can have issues; i have friends who are FA and even they can have a bad day. I hope the OP message does not cause others to not fly Frontier...

Perhaps the OP could post the issue and what response they recieve from their complaint.

Archived