12 person tables??

vinman147

Hi Vinman,

Just want to share a story with you.

We got off the RCCL Voyager 4 weeks ago. We had a table for 12. We could not communicate with the others at the FAR end of the table. We also received poorer service than 8 tops or 6 tops simply because our waiter could not possibly bring our food out efficiently for 12 people.

Imagine a table for 6 or 8. The Waiter takes care of that table just great and then moves on to another table of 6 or 8 and serves them just great. Then moves on to the table of 12, serves 6 or 8, then takes care of the additional requests from the other two previous tables of 6 or 8, then brings the last original orders from the final 4 or 6 from the 12 top. It was a mess!!! The food was cool and the service was poor for the 12 of us. NEVER AGAIN!

Not to say this will happen to you, but a 12 top is a nightmare for a waiter with 4 to 6 other full tables to efficiently take care of. It will be fun to keep your group together but IMHO the service will suffer.

I just wanted to share our experience. I hope this helps in some way!:)

Jonathan

and there are 6 tables for 10 in each of the PC dining rooms and 4 tables for 10 in the traditional dining room on the Caribbean Princess. There are no set table for 12 on this ship. I don't think there are room for 2 extra person at the 10-person table. We had a 10-person table--6 adults, 2 small children in regular chairs and 2 children in high chairs. We found the table pretty cramped when we got lots of dishes to try. So realistically, I doubt the 10-person table would fit 12 comfortably.

I would talk to the Maitre D the first thing you board the ship and discuss that all 12 of you would like to sit together to see if he can combine 2 large tables for you. I don't see why they can't do this ahead of time. Try not to let him persuade you to take 2 tables of 6 if possible.

HTH.

Jennifer

Archived