RCI partners with Universal Orlando for Land/Sea Packages

Thought you all might be interested in the latest news:

RCI And Universal Orlando Partner on Sea/Land Package

Tue Mar 17 2009, by Travel Trade Staff

Royal Caribbean International and Universal Orlando Resort are joining forces to introduce the "Way More Than a Cruise" vacation package aimed at the family market, with bookings open for travel starting March 31.The land and sea packages combine a three- or four-night stay at Universal Orlando Resort with a three- or four-night Bahamas cruise aboard Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas, or a seven-night Caribbean cruise aboard Freedom of the Seas. Way More Than a Cruise includes hotel and shipboard accommodations, multiday passes to both Universal theme parks -- Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure -- complimentary admission to select live entertainment venues at Universal's CityWalk and ground transfers between airport, hotel, theme parks and the ship at Port Canaveral.

Beginning in May, clients also will be able to choose a 10- or 11-night extended Universal Orlando Resort and Royal Caribbean vacation by combining a three- or four-night stay at Universal with a seven-night Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Freedom of the Seas. On the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, guests there are three days at sea and calls at St. Thomas, St. Maarten and CocoCay. On the Western Caribbean itinerary, there are two days at sea and calls at Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel; and Labadee, Royal Caribbean's private beach located on the north coast of Haiti.

That sounds like it would be great for the families who don't want ot do all the booking themselves. I think though that as with any package you may pay more than if you book yourself and get all the discounts etc... Personally I would book that type of vacation seperately, but I have been known to find some of the best discounts for my Orlando vacations.

I am not sure how I will feel though if RCCL becomes the official cruise line of US. I really don't want to cruise with Shreck or the Simpsons...

Archived