Please clarify for me current stock benefits

I did search the boards but still am a bit unsure if I understand the current stock benefit.

We are now diamond. We booked a cruise for Sept 2009, 7 days,two balconys(I am listed in one and DH in the other) and Feb 2010, 9 day, one Jr. Suite all reserved prior to 1-2009. If I purchase stock from a joint account now will I receive my diamond discounts and stock holders OBC on these two cruises? I am not even sure what the actual discounts would be.

Sept 09, 7 day Balcony #1 Diamond and Stock benefits $?

Balcony #2 Diamond and Stock benefits $?

Feb 10, 9 day Jr. Suite Diamond and Stock benefits $?

Also are there any if/ands/buts??

Thank you in advance for your help.

Laine

5 nights or less....$50.00 OBC

6-9 nights....$100.00 OBCV

10-13 nights...$200.00 OBC

14 or more nights...$250 OBC

Unfortunately, now if you use your diamond discount you can't combine it with the OBC.

I cannot answer the question about 2 rooms, but would assume that you would both have to have 100 shares.

5 nights or less....$50.00 OBC

6-9 nights....$100.00 OBCV

10-13 nights...$200.00 OBC

14 or more nights...$250 OBC

Unfortunately, now if you use your diamond discount you can't combine it with the OBC.

I cannot answer the question about 2 rooms, but would assume that you would both have to have 100 shares.

I believe that this is 100% correct.

The credit is for one room. If you want the OBC on the second cabin you will need to purchase stock in the name of one of the people in that cabin.

Of course with the current price, it's not too difficult to do.

RCI has gotten more restrictive on what you can combine. I don't believe you can combine the Diamond discount, Stockholders discount, or booking on board discount.

If the stock has your's and your spouses name on it, if one of you is listed in each cabin, then you can get the stockholders discount even if you only own 100 shares jointly. Basically the rule is that the shareholder has to be listed as an occupant of the cabin.

If your booking was before Dec 31st, as in a deposit was down before that date you can still combine...I booked 3 on board that day to gather several different discounts for which I was then eligible.

Good point!

Both DH and I each own 100 shares. One is a joint account and one is an ind. account (mine). This way if our kids our sailing with us and we get 2 rooms (dh is one and me in the other) than they both get the SBC.

Laura

Both DH and I each own 100 shares. One is a joint account and one is an ind. account (mine). This way if our kids our sailing with us and we get 2 rooms (dh is one and me in the other) than they both get the SBC.

Laura

:) I would fax copies of your stock (with acct. no. crossed out) over to RCCL

- immediately. Make sure to list the reservation name, booking number,

name of ship, sailing date and cabin no. (if available). There are rumors

that the stockholder benefit may be taken away because of current

economic issues - so the sooner you have official acknowledgment that

the credit have been applied the better (just in case). I would hope that

once the credits are given and posted to your booking - RCCL will NOT take

them away even if the policies change. :(:( Good luck !

Would anyone happen to have the fax number - I am trying to confirm my benefit for the upcoming cruise. I don;t remember getting a confirmation.

Also is there anyway to check it online??

I have an email address: ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

I scanned a copy of my shares certificate and emailed it to the above address. The next day I had an email reply that my OBC was added.

:) I would fax copies of your stock (with acct. no. crossed out) over to RCCL

- immediately. Make sure to list the reservation name, booking number,

name of ship, sailing date and cabin no. (if available). There are rumors

that the stockholder benefit may be taken away because of current

economic issues - so the sooner you have official acknowledgment that

the credit have been applied the better (just in case). I would hope that

once the credits are given and posted to your booking - RCCL will NOT take

them away even if the policies change. :(:( Good luck !

I have already done this. I always do it when I make final payment.

I think RCCL will be hard pressed to stop the SBC when CCL has already said they will continue this benefit for this year. That would make alot of people very anrgy with RCCL. IMHO

Laura

Would anyone happen to have the fax number - I am trying to confirm my benefit for the upcoming cruise. I don;t remember getting a confirmation.

Also is there anyway to check it online??

The fax number is 1-954-628-9634.

I have already done this. I always do it when I make final payment.

I think RCCL will be hard pressed to stop the SBC when CCL has already said they will continue this benefit for this year. That would make alot of people very anrgy with RCCL. IMHO

Laura

Just an FYI you can do it as soon as you have made a deposit, you do not need to wait until final payment.

I agree that CCL renewing their OBC makes it more likely RCL will do the same, but RCL does have significantly more debt issues so it is still far from a sure thing.

Just an FYI you can do it as soon as you have made a deposit, you do not need to wait until final payment.

I agree that CCL renewing their OBC makes it more likely RCL will do the same, but RCL does have significantly more debt issues so it is still far from a sure thing.

Gonzo, you are right it is not a sure thing. But I do think that there will be alot of people selling their stock if it does happen. Since I can not combine Diamond Plus discount and shareholders obc anymore, it will make more sense for me to sell and use the Diamond discount.

Laura

Hi just got this Email from RCI:

Good day,

The requested shareholder's onboard credit has been applied and is hereby confirmed to reservation 5******* for $200 onboard credit.

Thank you.

Enjoy your cruise!

**PLEASE NOTE*** The shareholder onboard credit benefit has changed as to its combinability with other discounts or onboard credit offers. This pertains to NEW reservations made on or after 1/01/09 and Next Cruise reservations that are made after 1/01/09. If you have a reservation or NC booking that was created before 1/01/09, all eligible benefits will still be combinable. For more information please visit the website: www.rclinvestor.com.

Kind regards,

Linda Buchanan

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

Hope this information is helpful.:)

Hi just got this Email from RCI:

Good day,

The requested shareholder's onboard credit has been applied and is hereby confirmed to reservation 5******* for $200 onboard credit.

Thank you.

Enjoy your cruise!

**PLEASE NOTE*** The shareholder onboard credit benefit has changed as to its combinability with other discounts or onboard credit offers. This pertains to NEW reservations made on or after 1/01/09 and Next Cruise reservations that are made after 1/01/09. If you have a reservation or NC booking that was created before 1/01/09, all eligible benefits will still be combinable. For more information please visit the website: www.rclinvestor.com.

Kind regards,

Linda Buchanan

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

Hope this information is helpful.:)

Thanks for posting this. This is the same quote alot of us have received since the first of the year.

Laura

Gonzo, you are right it is not a sure thing. But I do think that there will be alot of people selling their stock if it does happen. Since I can not combine Diamond Plus discount and shareholders obc anymore, it will make more sense for me to sell and use the Diamond discount.

Laura

At the price the stock is currently trading I doubt that too many will sell it for a discontinued Shareholder benefit. And even if some would I guess the overall percentage of shares held by those that do it for shareholder benefits is so low that they don´t have to worry about it. JMO.

At the price the stock is currently trading I doubt that too many will sell it for a discontinued Shareholder benefit. And even if some would I guess the overall percentage of shares held by those that do it for shareholder benefits is so low that they don´t have to worry about it. JMO.

You may be right but I hope not.

Laura

Archived