When is Formal Night

My family might be going on a 7 night cruise to Western Caribbean.

The day it leaves is a Sunday. I need to know when the formal nights are.

Thanks for your help -

Emma

It would help if you provided the name of the ship and the date.

Often formal nights are the second night and the second to last night on seven night cruises, but that does not hold true for all itineraries.

If Cozumel is your second to last night it won't be that night (for obvious reasons!!). We were on Liberty last April and our formal nights were the 2nd night (first sea day) and the night before Cozumel (we were in Grand Caymans that day).

If Cozumel is your second to last night it won't be that night (for obvious reasons!!). We were on Liberty last April and our formal nights were the 2nd night (first sea day) and the night before Cozumel (we were in Grand Caymans that day).

I was on that itinerary and I am pretty sure my formal nights were Monday (Sea Day) and Friday (Cozumel)

I guess the reasons are not that obvious or things are done different on Liberty. On Freedom, the night after cozumel is a Sea night, but that wouldn't be formal night because its the last night of the cruise and people have to have their bags put out early.

Now that I think about it, I know the 2nd formal night was Cozumel because I was on Freedom May 2nd in Cozumel and that was our anniversary.

formal nights are sometimes changed by the captain..so no one is ever really sure...usually it is the second formal night that is changed...the first one almost always occurs on the first day at sea...or the second day of the cruise.

Archived