Live from Enchantment!

BabySam99

Hey All,

I am having a great time on Enchantment! It is a gorgeous ship. The food so far is great. My suite is really nice and spacious and the balcony is really big from what I read on the boards I didnt think it would be this large.

Any questions...just ask!

This is too TheWog...you are going to have a great time!

XO everyone...and I will post when I get back.

She was my first RCI ship, last November. She is a beautiful ship, especially the solarium...since then I have been on the Mariner and Rhapsody of the Seas. The Mariner is gorgeous. I thought the Enchantment was much prettier than the Rhapsody. Have a fabulous cruise. This will always be a special ship to me.

Marie

I have Enchantment booked for Dec. 2005 and am really looking forward to cruising on her. I have one of the new JS rooms in the stretch section booked. They only had two JS left and they were to the aft end of the ship. We prefer mid section when we can get it. We've sailed on two Vision class ships before and enjoyed both of those cruises.

Which ports are you visiting? We'll be stopping in Key West and Cozumel. We've been to Key West and really enjoy that little island but have never been to Cozumel. I'm looking forward to the cruise, even if it is only a 4 nighter.

Kim,

I'm so glad you're having a great time. We'll be leaving for our pre-cruise night a week from today.

Can you let me know what the availability is for the complimentary ice tea during the day? I think it's only available during meal times in the Windjammer and the dining room, but was just curious if my husband can get it at other times. I think I'm going to purchase the soda card for myself. Do you know what varieties of diet drinks they have on board? I know it's Coke products, but other options would be wonderful.

Wishing you a very pleasant journey! Looking forward to hearing more details!

Kim,

I'm so glad you're having a great time. We'll be leaving for our pre-cruise night a week from today.

Can you let me know what the availability is for the complimentary ice tea during the day? I think it's only available during meal times in the Windjammer and the dining room, but was just curious if my husband can get it at other times. I think I'm going to purchase the soda card for myself. Do you know what varieties of diet drinks they have on board? I know it's Coke products, but other options would be wonderful.

Wishing you a very pleasant journey! Looking forward to hearing more details!

Hi Betsy!

I could get iced tea by ordering room service. I saw people at the bar oredring it also so I think you can get it anytime. As far as soda the only brands I saw were Coke products.

Betsy you are going to love the ship, it is really lovely. I am having such a great time! Grand Cayman was gorgeous even with the hurricane Ivan damage and the people are so kind and pleasant. Tendering in was a breeze. Jamacia was a lot of fun too. We went to Margaritaville it was such a fun place.

The capatin's party is a must...it was really entertaining meeting all the crew members and listening to the band (big band) oh and the free drinks were pretty nice also...lol. I will write more when I get home and put out a full report.

Talk to you all soon.

:)

I'm glad you are having such a good time. We'll be sailing on her February 19th to Jamaica and Grand Cayman also. I just have two questions. Is there a refrigerator in the room (We will be staying on Deck 3) and is there miniature golf onboard.

Well go back to enjoying the rest of your cruise. I can't wait to read your full review!

A group of 10 teachers are going for spring break in April 2005. I have been on 7 RCCL cruises, but never on The Enchantment. This cruise will be the first for 7 of the others. We range in age from 50-26. What do we not need to miss? Most of the group are pretty "fun loving" people. It will be a little strange for a couple of us- Two of the younger teachers were once students of ours!!!!! Any suggestions welcomed!

Welcome home, Kim. Hope you had a wonderful time. Cannot WAIT to hear all about your cruise :p !

I am really getting antsy. The DH is finally acting like he's excited.

Only 1/2 day of work tomorrow, then a couple hours for a work event on Saturday - then we're off to FLL on Sunday for pre-cruise!

Dougp,

You said you have a cabin booked in the new section. How do you know the cabin numbers? I have a cabin booked for in July, but they can't show me new deck plans yet!My TA does not have the info yet,how did you find out the new plans already?

We are in a Grand Suite in Feb. on the Mariner.......are you in that type of suite??? Can you check one out and let me know how big they are...we will have 4 of us in one in Feb. Can we have a roll-a-way??I thought somewhere I read we could.

Barbara

jbmcilrath@comcast.net

I walked by a GS and looked in the door...it looks pretty spacious. I was in a JS and had plenty of room. There were 3 in my stateroom. It looks like you could fit a rollaway in a GS pretty easily. I hope this helps! Have a great time! :)

Welcome home, Kim. Hope you had a wonderful time. Cannot WAIT to hear all about your cruise :p !

I am really getting antsy. The DH is finally acting like he's excited.

Only 1/2 day of work tomorrow, then a couple hours for a work event on Saturday - then we're off to FLL on Sunday for pre-cruise!

Thanks Betsy! I posted my review on the main board. Have a great time! It is a wonderful ship! You and your hubby will have a great time! :)

A group of 10 teachers are going for spring break in April 2005. I have been on 7 RCCL cruises, but never on The Enchantment. This cruise will be the first for 7 of the others. We range in age from 50-26. What do we not need to miss? Most of the group are pretty "fun loving" people. It will be a little strange for a couple of us- Two of the younger teachers were once students of ours!!!!! Any suggestions welcomed!

Are you doing GC & Jamacia? If so read my review as I have all the things listed that I really enjoyed. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106849

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106850

You are going to have a great time!! :) E-mail me if you have additional questions.

I'm glad you are having such a good time. We'll be sailing on her February 19th to Jamaica and Grand Cayman also. I just have two questions. Is there a refrigerator in the room (We will be staying on Deck 3) and is there miniature golf onboard.

Well go back to enjoying the rest of your cruise. I can't wait to read your full review!

Yes there is a frigde in the room, doesn't get very cold. I brought a collapsable cooler and had the stateroom attendant keep it full of ice. This worked great!

There is a 9 hole putting green on deck 10 along with a rock climbing wall.

Hope this helped! Have a great trip! :)

Read your review- I'm so glad you liked the ship. We have sailed on Voyager class for our last three cruises and I was a little leary of this ship. I will say I have read nothing buy positive reviews. I can't wait!

Twila

• 2 weeks later...

we can't wait. It seems like a long way off but it will be here before you know it. I'm wondering what the ship will look like after they remodle it. You will have to let me know when you get back in December 2005.

I have Enchantment booked for Dec. 2005 and am really looking forward to cruising on her. I have one of the new JS rooms in the stretch section booked. They only had two JS left and they were to the aft end of the ship. We prefer mid section when we can get it. We've sailed on two Vision class ships before and enjoyed both of those cruises.

Which ports are you visiting? We'll be stopping in Key West and Cozumel. We've been to Key West and really enjoy that little island but have never been to Cozumel. I'm looking forward to the cruise, even if it is only a 4 nighter.

Hey All,

I am having a great time on Enchantment! It is a gorgeous ship. The food so far is great. My suite is really nice and spacious and the balcony is really big from what I read on the boards I didnt think it would be this large.

Any questions...just ask!

This is too TheWog...you are going to have a great time!

XO everyone...and I will post when I get back.

I can't believe I missed this earlier. I am so excited. Thank you.

You will have to let me know when you get back in December 2005.

I've started taking pictures of the ships and posting them to my webshots web page. I try to get most areas of the ship but you always miss one or two shots.

When we return, I'll post a link under the photo's threads.

• 3 weeks later...
Are they going to do work to this ship. When and will it be back in service?

jj

Yes, they are cutting her in half and adding about 73 feet to her. She will be out of service from May - July. She will then do 7 night cruises in the New England/Canada area before returning to FLL.

Archived