Hotel Question!!!

JoJo79

We are planning on staying the night before the cruise and need to know the best place to stay! We are docking in San Pedro. Where can we stay that is decent, has a continental breakfast and will let us leave our car there while on the cruise? Or is better to park at the docking station?

A lot of people on our roll call for the 12/6 sailing of the Golden Princess are staying at the Doubletree in San Pedro. They'll let you leave your car for up to two weeks, and they'll shuttle you to the cruise pier. Don't remember about the breakfast thing, but that one's easy enough to find out. Go and Google "Doubletree San Pedro" and their website comes up. :)

We are planning on staying the night before the cruise and need to know the best place to stay! We are docking in San Pedro. Where can we stay that is decent, has a continental breakfast and will let us leave our car there while on the cruise? Or is better to park at the docking station?

Jojo go back to the home page, then scroll down to the North American Homeports section, then hit Westcoast Departures. There is all sorts of info on hotels, restaurants in the San pedro area. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

We just returned from Golden Princess RT Hawaii from San Pedro; we drove up from SanDiego and stayed at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. The bill for one night for two people, plus breakfast for 2 the following morning, shuttle transfers to and from the ship and parking for 14 days in a covered garage was $222. You can park on the pier for $12/day plus tax. We figure the park and sail package at Crowne Plaza was a better deal:)

We just returned from Golden Princess RT Hawaii from San Pedro; we drove up from SanDiego and stayed at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. The bill for one night for two people, plus breakfast for 2 the following morning, shuttle transfers to and from the ship and parking for 14 days in a covered garage was $222. You can park on the pier for $12/day plus tax. We figure the park and sail package at Crowne Plaza was a better deal:)

Concur. Decent hotel and location in close proximity to pier, reasonable park and sail, plus the shuttle...can't go wrong.

Yup the Doubletree or Crowne plaza! We have stayed at both and also just got back from the Golden Hawaii Cruise. They make it easy.

This thread will help, lots of great pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984 Crowne Plaza thread

Dianne

We have a prefernce for the Double Tree but there certainly nothing wrong with the Crowne Plaza. Both offer stay, park and cruise packages with free shuttle to the World Cruise Terminal in San Pedro. I am not sure if Long Beach hotels offer free shuttles to the terminal in San Pedro, otherwise it is a $20 plus cab fare.

We liked the Crowne, and if you get the right room you can watch the ship arrive in the morning. There's not a whole lot around the hotel in walking distance, but since you'll have a car you can find lots of restaurants in the area.

We liked the Crowne, and if you get the right room you can watch the ship arrive in the morning. There's not a whole lot around the hotel in walking distance, but since you'll have a car you can find lots of restaurants in the area.

We walked to a cute little restaurant for breakfast on San Pedro's new boardwalk. Then we continued on down the boardwalk to where the ship was docked to get some extra luggage tags. It was a beautiful way to spend the morning. Also the Crowne shuttle was the nicest we've ever experienced!

We walked to a cute little restaurant for breakfast on San Pedro's new boardwalk. Then we continued on down the boardwalk to where the ship was docked to get some extra luggage tags. It was a beautiful way to spend the morning. Also the Crowne shuttle was the nicest we've ever experienced!

I went ahead and booked the Holiday Inn, I hope this is a decent choice?!? Please let me know because I can always cancel and book some place else!

I have decided to take my car to the docking station because of luggage, again I hope this works out!

Havent tried the Doubletree, but was extremely pleased with the Crowne Plaza last year. The staff was very friendly, the room was very clean and the location was good. When we checked in, I asked the desk clerk if we could get a room with a view of where the ship would be docked the next morning and he actually walked up to the room with us to make sure it met our needs. The best part is that we got the room on Priceline for 65 bucks.

I went ahead and booked the Holiday Inn, I hope this is a decent choice?!? Please let me know because I can always cancel and book some place else!

I have decided to take my car to the docking station because of luggage, again I hope this works out!

If it the one by Long Beach airport I have stayed there (5 years ago)and it was nice. It's a round building kind of unique. Since you have a car getting around won't be a problem.

Dianne

If it the one by Long Beach airport I have stayed there (5 years ago)and it was nice. It's a round building kind of unique. Since you have a car getting around won't be a problem.

Dianne

Thank you Dianne and all for your responses!

Oh how wrong you are!!! There are wonderful restaurants within walking distance. And I Love the Crowne Plaza - got it for $65 on Priceline for our last trip and we were upgraded to a suite. I love taking a cruise out of LA so I can visit all my favorites:

Acapulco Mexican Restaurant Y Cantina

Ports O'Call Berth 83

750 Sampson Way

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-548-6800 - Mexican $

You can sit and watch the cruise lines pass while sipping Margarita's

Mishi's Strudel Bakery and Cafe

309 West 7th Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-832-6474 - Bakery and Cafe $

They have the best, best, best strudel, ever! And all kinds of variety. Don't let the little hole in the wall facade fool you.

Niko's Pizzeria

399 West 6th Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-241-1400 - Italian $

Great Pizza - Good place to go for pizza and beer (or take out pizza for your hotel)

Papadakis Taverna

301 W. 6th Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-548-1186 - Greek $$$

More expensive, good food, lots of selection and fun entertainment.

Whale & Ale, The

327 West 7th Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-832-0363 - English/Pub $$

Good selection of British pub food - often with a live jazz band

The next place is not within walking distance, but you can take the trolley and pick up a shuttle at the end of the trolley line. Seafood right on the water....what can be better,

22nd Street Landing Seafood Grill and Bar

141-A W 22nd Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-548-4400 - Seafood $$

Again, not within walking distance but an interesting place. Has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Channel.

Gaffey Street Diner

247 N. Gaffey Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-548-6964 - Breakfast & Lunch Specialties $$

This is making me hungry!!!:p

Holiday Inn is okay... but it is not close to much. Stayed there one (again upgraded to a suite). I wouldn't stay there again. Rooms weren't great, staff weren't great, restaurant was downright horrible. I think you'd be happier with the Crowne Plaza or Doubletree.

If you decide to park your car at the World Cruise Center (where Princess ships are berthed), you can drive up to the berth's loading zone and unload your luggage and passengers, and then drive down to the parking lot, which is right there. It's a quick walk back up (or you can wait for the free shuttle that circles the lot).

If you are renting a car, you can do the same: unload your passengers and luggage, and then drop off your car at the car rental agency. If they don't have a shuttle to take you to the port, you can take a taxi. Don't use the term "docking station" as that's not the correct term (don't jump over me, people, just trying to help here): it's the World Cruise Center at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro.

Don't use the term "docking station" as that's not the correct term (don't jump over me' date=' people, just trying to help here): it's the World Cruise Center at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro.[/quote']

I agree, it is the World Cruise Center...I am just not sure how they ever came up with a name like that?:rolleyes: But that aside, great directions/instructions.

Archived