Price Drop

freckledcat

Good work, freckledcat!

Unfortunately, I think the cruise lines (definitely Princess) have picked up on us looking for lower prices. On our June cruise, we bought because of a good price in a flier that came in the mail (never done that before). A week later the price was 60% higher. :eek: I think it's going to take more frequent checking in the future to catch the drops. More like finding a good airfare.

Thanks Cruise Critic. I saved $600 on my princess cruise tour. What I did was go into sponsored link booking buddy. Seems one internet TA was less for same cruise tour I was taking in June. My TA and princess couldn't understand how ta was advertising low rates. So for $100 more, I went from BB to AC. Princess and TA were eating the difference since I'm on the Sapphire and everything is waitlisted. Since I have never been on princess, I'm paying premium so I will take the upgrade and the savings and use an umbrella on the Dolphin deck if it rains. Along with toursaver book, I'm doing pretty well on savings. You have to keep checking. Of course the next day, TA removed the cruise from the availability list but I printed it out and proved to my TA what they had listed as the pricing.

Our balcony cabin on our August Princess cruise has gone down twice since booking in October. So far we have saved over $1500. The second reduction, last week, was for $800. (Was suppose to be $750 but when I received the updated invoice it went down by $800. Another nice surprise.)

Hope everyone has such luck!

We booked our Alaska cruise last summer and are saving $1200 with price drops and the removal of the fuel surcharges. The cruise line also gave us an upgrade to CC from balcony room.

We have also rebooked our airfare and are saving over $300 there...

More to spend elsewhere on the trip...:D

For everyone on Princess, be sure to check other tours as well as the one you booked. We were booked on the CB4. Just switched to the YB4, same as the CB4 only in the reverse order, upgraded to the TWT, and saved a bundle. YB4 was not in the 2009 brochure, so they must have added it later. Everything else about our cruise stayed the same.

On my July Carnival Spirit Alaskan cruise I have saved $760 so far. I booked Early Saver so I am hoping to save even more as final payment date approached. :)

Cathy

what is Early Saver?

This price drop could really save me. I'm paying for 4. Has anyone been sucessful in getting a price drop when final payment hasn't been made? What is the best way to do it?

I think it depends on who you're cruising with. For Princess, if you're booked direct with them, just call 'em. It's easy. If you have TA, some will adjust and some won't. For me, that's a key criteria for picking a TA. I had a TA at one point that I asked about a reduction, and they acted like I had lobsters crawling out my ears. My current TA does it without my prompting.

This price drop could really save me. I'm paying for 4. Has anyone been sucessful in getting a price drop when final payment hasn't been made? What is the best way to do it?

This is the only way to get a price drop. Most always, after final payment, there are no refunds.

Do searches yourself for rates via cruise discounters. Get on emails. When you see a drop, for the EXACT cabin/sailing, then immediately contact your booking agent for an adjustment. If you are in a quad cabin, then your options are probably less. Being flexable will also offer you potentially more. Count back your final payment date yourself, if you booked outside of the cruiseline. Most add a week. Pay at the last minute, be especially agressive with your searching in those prior few days, it can be a lot of action with cancelations, and returned block space.

No such luck for me. It is a different category they are offering. My TA said if I want to switch to 2 rooms for 2 instead of one room for 4 it would be an extra $300.00. Where can I search for the exact cabin that is on sale ? I'm still hoping in the next month that prices will drop for my area.

No such luck for me. It is a different category they are offering. My TA said if I want to switch to 2 rooms for 2 instead of one room for 4 it would be an extra $300.00. Where can I search for the exact cabin that is on sale ? I'm still hoping in the next month that prices will drop for my area.

Sometimes it isn't necessarily the cabin/category you are in, sometimes it depends on what cruise tour you have booked along with the category. I'm in the same boat as you are Donald. There are 4 of us as well. We were able to upgrade to an AB minisuite on Princess from an AD mini and saved $4300.00. But it was only because of the cruisetour we booked. Sometimes they are only offered for new bookings only (which was our case) but Princess just canceled the original booking and rebooked in my husbands name.

Our final payment was due yesterday and I asked if there was a price reduction.

As I reported earlier the price for our (BA) room Oceanview double with balcony on the Coral Princess had actually gone up.

When I asked this time I was told we could upgrade to an AD mini-suite with balcony for a price reduction of $180. This has the guarenteed status so the mini-suite may be anywhere.

Though our earlier room had been carefully selected for deck, port side (south bound) and location the lure of the mini-suite and cost reduction won out.

I spent much of today filing our taxes. This was a VERY pleasant suprise!

Archived