MIA, party of 6...cab or shuttle?

MamaParrotHead

Debating (and searching for recommendations on) reasonably priced shuttle vs. taxi to get downtown to Holiday Inn/Bayside. DH and I and our 2 kids, plus my sister and young nephew (I add that because I don't know that she'd be comfortable being in a cab on her own if we were to take two cabs). How difficult is to get a van-sized taxi just walking out of the airport?

If not, does anyone have any thoughts on reasonably priced shuttles? I had my eye on SAS before we had our flights booked, and now that we're flying into MIA I'm stumped.

Thanks.

There are always some van cabs available. You might have to wait a few minutes. Just go to the cab stand and let the guy there know you need a van and he'll call for one if they aren't in line. I know they seat 5 and probably 6. Fare will be less than a $$ per person shuttle.

Do the same to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

We also dont know what the best thing to do is. We are flying into MIA and are also cruising out of Miami. There are 7 of us. Is it easier/cheaper to take a couple of cabs or book a shuttle? We are going to have to rush to get off the ship to make our flight home.

Help appreciated!!! 3 weeks to go!

We also dont know what the best thing to do is. We are flying into MIA and are also cruising out of Miami. There are 7 of us. Is it easier/cheaper to take a couple of cabs or book a shuttle? We are going to have to rush to get off the ship to make our flight home.

Help appreciated!!! 3 weeks to go!

What time is your flight home? If it is before 11:00..:eek:

You can be the first off and even choose to carry your own bags off to speed the process. Take a couple cabs. There will be plenty. For that many I'd guess cabs will be a bargain. Remember you pay by ride, not per person.

We are going to have to rush to get off the ship to make our flight home.

Well then, you should take two cabs. On shuttles, you have to wait until they are full before they depart, wasting precious minutes and leaving you anxious. Also for 7 people, a shuttle would be far more expensive than for two cabs with tip.

from this table: http://www.miami-airport.com/html/taxi_and_shuttle_service.html

Shuttle from MIA to POM is $14 per person (plus tip)

Taxi is $24 (plus tip) per taxi and a taxi will hold 3 if a car and 5 or 6 if a van (maybe more)

this is the fixed price for shuttles working MIA....a private contract may yeild a better price with advanced booking but compare to the taxi price to decide.

easy math.....

When we cruised out of Port Canaveral we hired a van for the 7 of us. What do you all think? Know of any services with a good reputation? Or should we just split up into taxis?

Thank you all for your input!!!

Archived