Samantha Brown on Carnival right now

CruisenLexie

I'd rather have either Anthony Bourdain (No Reservations) or Andrew Zimmern (Bizarre Foods) on my ship!! Sam's OK though!

Interestingly enough - I don't care for either of those guys. :eek:

Now - "Man Vs. Food" is another matter !! I DVR that, and watched one last night were he conquered 17 hot dogs - next show he attempted almost 1 gallon (of milkshakes), but it came the other direction before he finished! :D

Tom

Interestingly enough - I don't care for either of those guys. :eek:

Now - "Man Vs. Food" is another matter !! I DVR that, and watched one last night were he conquered 17 hot dogs - next show he attempted almost 1 gallon (of milkshakes), but it came the other direction before he finished! :D

Tom

I saw the milkshake episode;)

I saw the milkshake episode;)

OH - regarding the hot dog episode, make that 17 CHILI dogs. Of course, that's nothing like the FIFTY-NINE eaten in 10 minutes at the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest last year. GULP... :eek:

... some things I don't understand ... hollow leg perhaps? :rolleyes:

Samantha has done two RCI shows...while I don't remember the exact ships, I do believe they were higher class ships than the four day Inspiration. I feel that Samantha should have given Carnival a fair shake by doing a 7 day on one of the newer ships. :)

At least we have her FREEDOM sailing to look forward to!

Tom

I was unaware...for Travel Channel, I assume?

See below (from post #19)

She was on our Freedom Cruise a couple weeks ago.

A very sweet and pretty lady. She was always willing to pose with anyone for pics.

Walked in the on deck for the cure walk.

She said she thinks the Freedom show will air in June.

Tom

She was on our Emerald Princess cruise last February. The rumor was she was making some kind of commercial or sales videos for Princess. She seemed very nice and personable.

CJ

And they played the video over and over on the Emerald Princess this past November. . .

I actually really like Samantha Brown. I am looking forward to seeing her Freedom cruise.

Her shows always make me want to travel whereever she has been. I am so jealous of her fabulous job!!

Too bad she was not on the Freedom 2 weeks earlier - I would have definitely told her how much we like her shows.

Tom

I must be alone in that I don't particularly care for her. I get the distinct impression that she does not like cruises, and if I had not previously been on one, I don't think her shows would make me want to go on one.

Did anyone else feel like she was making "fun" of the midnite buffet she was highlighting on that show. (I knew that show must have been fairly old since they no longer do those.) That is what I get from her--that she is kind of "dis"ing the cruise.

Having never cruised before, and not knowing who Samantha Brown is, I had been waiting all week to see the show and was disappointed as the show focused more on her than the ship. Yes, I thought she was "dis"ing it and made it look kind of "cheesy". I would have liked to see more of dining, shows etc.

My teenager who was watching said he hoped our ship was better than that, but then he happened to catch the last 15 minutes of the RCL show, wavepool and all!

Archived