Sushi

PA8880

Sushi is available in Vines wine & sushi bar (not on all ships...just Caribbean/Crown/Emerald/Ruby I think). It's $1 a piece. hope this helps!

There's also sushi in the buffet one day on most ships that's free. But it's only so-so. I think the above is real and has been described as good.

Is that included, or do you pay extra for it? Is it delicious?

They have Sushi one lunch at the buffett, but frankly it looks disgusting.

There is also the Vines Wine & Sushi bar. It's available for $1 a selection, but it's displayed as $3 for 3 selections and $6 for six selection plates (the six selection is more of a meal...).

The selections vary each day, and if you are ordering the $3 or $6 plates the chefs will gladly exchange selections if there is something offered you don't care for.

The selections are generally:

- Sushi Roll selection - about 6-8 pieces, of two varieties usually a tuna/salmon roll and a crab roll. Differs by day.

- Sashimi selection - about 4 pieces (2 ounces), I think everyday I had the sushi it was tuna. Very good quality sashimi, very fresh, moist, & tender.

- Nigiri selection - You were givin three small pieces of nigiri, again you could mix and match if there was something offered you didn't like

- Hand Roll - I only saw this offered one day. Was a vegatable hand roll, but very flavorful and good.

- Premium Nigiri - You'd receive one peice of this, it was usually a large piece with a huge shrimp or lobster

- Asian Salad - Perfect complement to the sushi.

I often times got the $6 lunchbox, and it was a perfect snack to share with my wife. Everything was great, probably some of the better sushi I've had in my life, and the price was very reasonable. I'd expect to pay 2-3x for the same amount of food ashore.

My only complaint was that the hours the sushi bar is open are horrible. It's only open during the day on seadays, and in the evenings it opened at 5pm. I would like to see it be open in the afternoons as it makes a perfect snack, I was always craving it when we got back from shore excursions.

If you are really a sushi person, you will be somewhat disappointed. They usually have a lot of California rolls but there is a lack of really raw offerings like tuna.

We have one of the best sushi restaurants near us and we really don't go after the sushi on board when we can get the best at home.

If you are really a sushi person, you will be somewhat disappointed. They usually have a lot of California rolls but there is a lack of really raw offerings like tuna.

We have one of the best sushi restaurants near us and we really don't go after the sushi on board when we can get the best at home.

Grego,

Have to disagree with you, at the sushi bar they have plenty of raw offerings all made fresh when ordered. They don't have any exotic fish, but they have the typical tuna, yellowtail, salmon (both smoked & raw), halibut, and I think I saw red snapper as well.

They had well more raw offerings than cooked offering. I was pleasently surprised and thought the sushi was extremely good.

Of course the sushi on the buffet all appeared to be cooked, and had a lot of rice as a filler. I didn't even bother to try as it appeared disgusting.

Where do you go?

We like Kabuki on Orchard Lake.

They have Sushi one lunch at the buffett, but frankly it looks disgusting.

There is also the Vines Wine & Sushi bar. It's available for $1 a selection, but it's displayed as $3 for 3 selections and $6 for six selection plates (the six selection is more of a meal...).

The selections vary each day, and if you are ordering the $3 or $6 plates the chefs will gladly exchange selections if there is something offered you don't care for.

The selections are generally:

- Sushi Roll selection - about 6-8 pieces, of two varieties usually a tuna/salmon roll and a crab roll. Differs by day.

- Sashimi selection - about 4 pieces (2 ounces), I think everyday I had the sushi it was tuna. Very good quality sashimi, very fresh, moist, & tender.

- Nigiri selection - You were givin three small pieces of nigiri, again you could mix and match if there was something offered you didn't like

- Hand Roll - I only saw this offered one day. Was a vegatable hand roll, but very flavorful and good.

- Premium Nigiri - You'd receive one peice of this, it was usually a large piece with a huge shrimp or lobster

- Asian Salad - Perfect complement to the sushi.

I often times got the $6 lunchbox, and it was a perfect snack to share with my wife. Everything was great, probably some of the better sushi I've had in my life, and the price was very reasonable. I'd expect to pay 2-3x for the same amount of food ashore.

My only complaint was that the hours the sushi bar is open are horrible. It's only open during the day on seadays, and in the evenings it opened at 5pm. I would like to see it be open in the afternoons as it makes a perfect snack, I was always craving it when we got back from shore excursions.

Let me make sure I have this right..So it's only $1 for four pieces sashimi and only $1 a roll?

Let me make sure I have this right..So it's only $1 for four pieces sashimi and only $1 a roll?

I don't know what you get for $1, as I ordered the $6 selection everytime I went. It had an assortment of rolls, sashimi, & nagiri. But I'd assume you'd get the same, they have it well displayed so it's easy to get to judge how much food you'll receive.

I'd say I got about 2 ounces (4 bites) of sashimi, and about 6-8 pieces of whatever rolls they were offering (usually one raw, one cooked). I also got about three pieces of small Nigiri (one bite each), some salad, and a handroll or a large piece of nigiri.

Overall it was a good amount of food for the money, I split it with my wife and it it made for a great snack.

Archived