Nachi Cocum

arf2005

Went to Nachi Cocum this past Monday. Beautiful beach and the service was outstanding. If you are booking Nachi, make sure you take bug spray - there are sand fleas that can be very annoying. Bug spray seemed to work well in getting rid of them.

Thanks for the head's up on the sand fleas. I bet if Nachi has them, they are all up and down the beach. We ran into the problem of sand fleas in Roatan, too. Darn pesky things didn't touch dh but feasted on me. From now on, I will always carry some in the beach bag.

Hey arf2005, I'm sailing to Cozumel in May and would very much like to visit Nachi Cocom but I cannot find where to book the trip. It is not listed under Carnival's excursions list, nor does Nachi's website offer any links detailing how to book a visit there. Anyone know where I need to go to book this excursions? Thanks for any help!

Just returned. No sand fleas at all. It's beautiful and the food/service is great. ENJOY!!!!

Susan

You must have been extremely lucky. We were just there last Monday and the beach was overrun with them.

I'll be there next week, and I think I'm going to pack the spray just in case. Has anyone parasailed while at Nachi Cocum?

Part of our group did and they loved it. You can make arrangements when you arrive. Some of our group also rented the jet ski.

We were at Nachi last Thursday. Had a great time. I don't know a sand flea, but there were a lot of tiny black bugs - didn't bite us, but were a little annoying when we were eating out on the beach. Other that while eating I didn't notice them.

Loved the hammocks! Had one of the best massages of my life ($40 for 30 minutes, and I gave her a $10 tip). Daughter parasailed ($60 - plus $10 for me to ride in the boat). Manuel our waiter was great. Food was good. Cabs were waiting at the gate when we went back.

I'd guess there were about 60 people there on our day - with 4 ships in port. The day was most enjoyable and we'd go again in a heartbeat.

Patricia, What did your family order off of the menu if you don't mind me asking. I just wondered if you thought anything inparticular was really good or bad. Thanks Diane

Not Patricia but wanted to throw my .02 in there. The nachos and guac are really good, also the fajitas were yummy. The chicken fried tacos were NOT good; they tasted like something out of a TV dinner to me. The coconut ice cream is FABULOUS so save room for it.

Red Lobster- I will be with your group on the Spirit- Are you thinking about doing this? I know you had mentioned you will have a 2 y/o. I'm the one with the 3 and 5 y/o's. We have not decided what we are doing in any of the ports!

Jaina

Not Patricia but wanted to throw my .02 in there. The nachos and guac are really good, also the fajitas were yummy. The chicken fried tacos were NOT good; they tasted like something out of a TV dinner to me. The coconut ice cream is FABULOUS so save room for it.

my chicken-fried tacos were very good...just different. loved the nachos, the grilled shrimp were excellent. never got to the dessert..to much real food.

Part of our group did and they loved it. You can make arrangements when you arrive. Some of our group also rented the jet ski.

Cool, I'm torn between parasailing and snorkeling. Then there's the jetskis too. Man I have some decisions to make in one week.

Jaina, I did make us a reservation, we have been to Cozumel several times and to several beaches (Paradise and some others), I just figure if the food is good and the drinks are included and we have the option of a pool or the ocean it's probably worth the 49.00 for 4 adults and the 2 yr. old is free. I think for us since it won't be as crowded and the facilities are supposed to be clean it is our best option. We have been kicking around the Go with Gus Humanitarian tour, we just aren't sure if it would be too long a day for the 2 yr. old in Guatemala. In Belize my daughter and her husband are going fishing, they did this in the Bahamas and had a great time so I told them I would keep little mister that day since we have been to Belize before and did the cave tubing. Let me know what you and your family plan, it's nice to get ideas from others. Thanks Diane

Arf2005 - how much was the cab fare to Nachi Cocum?

It was $15 there for each of our two taxis (one van, and one car), but we made the mistake of not verifying the price going back, and the driver wanted to charge us by the person. Rather than argue with him (since we should have verified the price before getting in the cab), we gave him the money, but no tip. That ride cost $45 for just one cab (a van). Moral of story - verify before getting in!

We were at Nachi last Thursday. Had a great time. I don't know a sand flea, but there were a lot of tiny black bugs - didn't bite us, but were a little annoying when we were eating out on the beach. Other that while eating I didn't notice them.

Loved the hammocks! Had one of the best massages of my life ($40 for 30 minutes, and I gave her a $10 tip). Daughter parasailed ($60 - plus $10 for me to ride in the boat). Manuel our waiter was great. Food was good. Cabs were waiting at the gate when we went back.

I'd guess there were about 60 people there on our day - with 4 ships in port. The day was most enjoyable and we'd go again in a heartbeat.

We were there that day too and had terrible service! We had to wait 1-2 hours for food. We didn't see any sand fleas, we were at the far end near the abandoned house.

The set up is good with lots of shade and beautiful beach.

We were there that day too and had terrible service! We had to wait 1-2 hours for food. We didn't see any sand fleas, we were at the far end near the abandoned house.

The set up is good with lots of shade and beautiful beach.

Wow I am sorry that you all had such horrible service. We have always received great service; I wonder what is up with that. Were any of you with children? Just wonder if they got to use beach chairs as well? Thanks

We were there last Thursday too!! on the 19th.

When we got there we ordered frozen drinks and the waiter said to wait a bit because they had lost their electricity????? He said a large truck that had come off the water taxi from the mainland area and took out an overheard power line. About twenty minutes later he came back with frozen pina coladas and said everything was back up and running. At that point, they passed out menus, etc. Maybe your food took awhile because everyone ordered at once? We ate lunch up under the porch area. It took awhile to get our food... but they looked like they were running their legs off! And we were totally chill..... at that point we had several drinks in us:p

Archived