Nachi Cocum

arf2005

We had an incredible time at Nachi Cocum last week.

We (my husband, my 12 year old daughter and myself) arrived around 10:00 and were guided to the palapa of our choice. We immediately ordered a round of drinks and, though it wasn't too crowded, we dropped our waiter $5 when he brought our drinks. Long story short, we didn't wait for anything after that.

My thought is that if you want really good service, meaning above and beyond what everyone else is getting, it doesn't hurt to let your server know you appreciate them from the get-go. We were at the far end of the beach, and even when my hubby and daughter were out on the waverunners and I was taking photos, the drinks kept flowing and the food and service were superb!

I figure if we're paying $49/person, it doesn't hurt to throw another few dollars out to show your appreciation for the service. And if you do it at the beginning of your day, you will get a little something extra. Our server was very appreciative.

For people that have been before, with arriving around 9-10a what time did you leave? Curious on timeframe to spend the day there.

We left around 2:30, because part of our group wanted to do some shopping. We could have stayed an hour longer without any problems. There were taxis waiting outside the gate to be called in.

We were at Nachi Cocum on March 19th as well and had a great time. If you're considering going parasailing, I would recommend booking in advance. Our two daughters decided to go after we had arrived, and it cost $120, but would only have been $90 if we had booked online at the time we made our original booking for the day.

Hmmm, that's annoying....I am already booked for the day, but didn't book parasailing because we weren't sure we were going to do it. Now we do want to parasail. I emailed them and asked them to add it to the booking (since I saw the $60 "day of" price somebody posted earlier) and return email just said we could take care of it on the day, but didn't say anything about price. It should be $45 each for a tandem ride ($90 total) but if they want $120, that's something worth worrying about. Thanks for the heads up.

question...i've been to nachi twice but this is the first time w/ our 2 1/2 year old. we are not taking a car seat instead using the CARES harness thing for plane. Now thinking we have a problem being you have to cab it to nachi from port good 15 minute crazy ride from what i remember. I'm thinking he won't be safe w/ out car seat...any thoughts?? Can't imagine lugging around car seat

We were there March 17th and the day could not have been better. Parasailing was awesome, as well as the massage. I liked it so much, we are going to take the Carnival cruise at the end of July that leaves from Galveston and goes to Coz and back.

We had the Guacamole and Nachos, as well as the grilled shrimp. All were excellent. $49.00 for open bar is a good deal by itself, but add a nice beach, food and limited crowds and thats a freakin' bargain.

FYI, if you swim out to the far ropes there is a little bit of structure with fish, if you're into snorkleing.

Manuel is the best!!

Only bad thing is they are an hour behind ship time, so the kitchen opens a little later than your stomach is used to. Worth the wait though.

Enjoy!!

We booked parasailing in advance - planned to do together and paid the $90.00 on arrival. When we got out there, they had us go up separately but didn't charge any more money - didn't even think about it at the time. It was awesome! Must have been very lucky as we didn't experience the first sand flea. It's a beautiful beach and my 18 year old still can't get over his experience there. They were absolutely great. ENJOY!!!!

Susan

I am going to Cozumel in June for the third time. We went to Tulum and Uvas. I have a question...what are sand fleas???

We have called them sand fleas for lack of a better term. They are little bugs that at times are all over the sand (and you - and your drink!). They are more annoying than anything, but several in my group did have bites from them that showed up later. I have no idea what kind of annoying pest they really are.

Went to Nachi Cocum this past Monday. Beautiful beach and the service was outstanding. If you are booking Nachi, make sure you take bug spray - there are sand fleas that can be very annoying. Bug spray seemed to work well in getting rid of them.

Thank you. We have been to Nachi quite a few times but before they started charging.

We would take a cab, rent some chairs and have a few beers at $1 each.

We ordered food and had it delivered to us in our chairs for about $5 each.

We are sailing with two of my dds friends making my family 6 people for our cruise.

To go to Nachi would now cost us $230, if I make my 12 year old 11, I know, I know.

Don't know why I'm typing this but I guess I just don't know what to do.

I would love to go back to Nachi but at $230 for a family of 6, it may not make sense. What else would others suggest?

Thanks.

Thank you. We have been to Nachi quite a few times but before they started charging.

We would take a cab, rent some chairs and have a few beers at $1 each.

We ordered food and had it delivered to us in our chairs for about $5 each.

We are sailing with two of my dds friends making my family 6 people for our cruise.

To go to Nachi would now cost us $230, if I make my 12 year old 11, I know, I know.

Don't know why I'm typing this but I guess I just don't know what to do.

I would love to go back to Nachi but at $230 for a family of 6, it may not make sense. What else would others suggest?

Thanks.

We had part of our group go and just pay the entrance fee without the drinks and lunch. I'm not sure how much it was, but I think about $12 for adults. Would that be an option (surely it would be less for children)?

We had part of our group go and just pay the entrance fee without the drinks and lunch. I'm not sure how much it was, but I think about $12 for adults. Would that be an option (surely it would be less for children)?

I didn't think they allowed this anymore??

Also to the other poster, I would make my 12 year old 11 again.

Or you could do the all inclusive option at Mr Sanchos, its only $40. We've done both and they both are great.

I didn't think they allowed this anymore??

Also to the other poster, I would make my 12 year old 11 again.

Or you could do the all inclusive option at Mr Sanchos, its only $40. We've done both and they both are great.

It may depend on how many ships are in port. There were only two the day we were there.

Just to follow up my earlier post to this thread --

I was able to add the parasailing to my reservation at Nachi Cocom -- paid them an additional $10 deposit with credit card and will have to fork over another $80 when we arrive (for a tandem ride). Given the experience of others who had to pay $120 for a tandem when paying "on the day," this is something you might want to consider doing if you didn't make parasailing part of your initial reservation to N.C.

js, I suspect you probably already know this (and may have been there before, for all I know), but the other alternative I considered was Paradise Beach -- which might be the thing for your large group with young people and trying to save a few bucks. It's more of an "a la carte" experience than Nachi Cocom. If you poke around on this board you'll find plenty of information about it. This is my first time to Cozumel so I can't offer anything about Paradise Beach that you won't be able to dig up on the boards here.

Archived