Disturbing News about RCCL--Is NCL doing this too?

I just heard/read today that RCCL has explicitly recruited posters, called the "Royal Caribbean Champions" to various online sites about cruising, in order to skew the impression of Royal Caribbean on those boards. Cruise Critic is, according to this article on Hotelmarketing.com, the number one target.

Here's the citation:

http://www.hotelmarketing.com/index.php/content/article/royal_caribbean_caught_infiltrating_review_sites_with_viral_marketing_team/

Since whenever one major is doing something, it seems inevitable that they all are doing it, I'm wondering if it's happening here, too. I frequently see lots of tough critics of NCL (I like to think I'm often one of them). I'll say this: RCCL only had us as guests once, about 10 years ago on the Monarch and we didn't want to return--now we are certain not to despite the convenience of Bayonne docking.

Comments?

(I hope the moderator doesn't pull this--I can't find it on CruiseCritic and I think it's vital we all know about this to be able to defend this board. It's our board, after all--because without LEGITIMATE cruisers commenting and CRITICIZING the lines, we all suffer--our fav cruise lines included.)

This has been reported on the RC boards literally for weeks and there has been a cruise critic report/article on it. There has been no similar report about NCL. There was at least one case where a poll/post on cruise critic was requested by NCL and that poster has been removed from these boards. There doesn't seem to be any organized movement by NCL...

This has been reported on the RC boards literally for weeks and there has been a cruise critic report/article on it. There has been no similar report about NCL. There was at least one case where a poll/post on cruise critic was requested by NCL and that poster has been removed from these boards. There doesn't seem to be any organized movement by NCL...

hmmm, so they only want the rccl rc's

hmmm, so they only want the rccl rc's

Ladder - Where did you get the Epic banner?

I could be accused of being an NCL Epic cheerleader! I'm excited about this new build and can't wait to sail on her! However, I'm not being compensated by NCL or any other cruise line! Ha ha! I wish I worked for a cruise line!! :D

I just heard/read today that RCCL has explicitly recruited posters, called the "Royal Caribbean Champions" to various online sites about cruising, in order to skew the impression of Royal Caribbean on those boards. Cruise Critic is, according to this article on Hotelmarketing.com, the number one target.

Here's the citation:

http://www.hotelmarketing.com/index.php/content/article/royal_caribbean_caught_infiltrating_review_sites_with_viral_marketing_team/

Since whenever one major is doing something, it seems inevitable that they all are doing it, I'm wondering if it's happening here, too. I frequently see lots of tough critics of NCL (I like to think I'm often one of them). I'll say this: RCCL only had us as guests once, about 10 years ago on the Monarch and we didn't want to return--now we are certain not to despite the convenience of Bayonne docking.

Comments?

(I hope the moderator doesn't pull this--I can't find it on CruiseCritic and I think it's vital we all know about this to be able to defend this board. It's our board, after all--because without LEGITIMATE cruisers commenting and CRITICIZING the lines, we all suffer--our fav cruise lines included.)

this topic has been discussed ad nauseum on the boards.. therefore we are closing this thread.. thank you for continuing to support Cruise Critic .

Archived