Where To Eat?

klfrodo

Got nowhere on Florida Departures, thought I might try here.

Flying in on a Thursday night from West Coast.

Arriving MIA ~10PM

After retrieving luggage, getting to a cab, driving downtown, and checking in at hotel at HI Bayside POM it will be 11 or 11:30 PM

Researching all of the area diners that I can think of to include all inside Bayside Market Place and the hotel itself, it seems that all restraunts in the area close at 11PM on Thursday nights.

So, any ideas where we can grab a bite to eat that late at night in the POM area?

If you take a cab over to South Beach, there's a number of spots along the 8th ave walking mall. My pick for lots of food at a reasonable price would be Pizza Rustica. They're open very late every night. One slice is equivalent to 3 dominos and so much better. They have sandwiches and Italian dishes, but pizza is their claim to fame. There's also suppose to be a trendy upscale place Badrutt's that catters to the late night crowd. It's in the Brickell Financial area. Sounds a bit expensive and not sure if the food is any good.

If you take a cab over to South Beach, there's a number of spots along the 8th ave walking mall. My pick for lots of food at a reasonable price would be Pizza Rustica. They're open very late every night. One slice is equivalent to 3 dominos and so much better. They have sandwiches and Italian dishes, but pizza is their claim to fame. There's also suppose to be a trendy upscale place Badrutt's that catters to the late night crowd. It's in the Brickell Financial area. Sounds a bit expensive and not sure if the food is any good.

McDonald's, and why did you not do a proper search prior to posting this:confused: and what is this wait listed thing (just joking). Even better go to sleep hungry and when you get on board, lido deck first thing and you will have lots of room.

Yeah, there's not a lot around the Hol. Inn P.O.M. other than the restaurants across the street in the Bayside Market, and sounds like you have already determined that those will be closed?

As Lesinindy said, there is a McDonald's nearby. You cab driver might be able to point you in the direction of something (or the hotel clerk).

Good luck. :)

McDonald's, and why did you not do a proper search prior to posting this:confused: and what is this wait listed thing (just joking). Even better go to sleep hungry and when you get on board, lido deck first thing and you will have lots of room.

Krystals? Waffle House?

I was going to suggest that you ask the hotel concierge, but last year when we stayed in Miami Beach, the concierge was clueless!:eek: Hope you have better luck! Opps, I don't have spell-check, and I'm not sure I spelled "concierge" right. . .hope those guys over on that other thread don't flame me here if I spelled it wrong!":eek:

South Beach is a great idea, lots of restaurants and nightlife. Keep in miind, though, that the cab ride from Miami to South Beach will be $20.00 one way.

If you've never been to South Beach, it might be something for you to check out. Have a wonderful cruise!

We LOVE Pizza Rustica ... you will, too, if you are a pizza fan. And at 11pm, what's better than a big, cheesy slice of pizza! After a day of travelling, that's comfort food! (oh, and they have salads, too, if you feel the need to behave prior to boarding the ship)

Archived