Malibu - Aplmac or others

pxy cda

We are coming into port and want a quiet day. We are very good walkers to qualify: I do a 60k walk each year over 2 days and 5k is nothing to us (usually about 45 minutes to do 5k).

So that said here is a loose plan:

Walk to pelican craft centre for browse around and catch bus to Malibu.

Do malibu tour (please advise if it worth getting the lunch package or simply just do the a la carte (drinks and tour) Do both tours include the umbrella and chaises?).

After a couple of hours at Malibu, take a leisurely walk down beach to Weisers and continue to pier. Is this walk doable? it looks like we can walk along spring garden, south on kennedy through the round about and along Prescod and straight shot down to the ship. Or we may pick up a taxi at Weisers? From what I can surmise from posts it's about 2k from Malibu to port? Would this be a good estimate? If so that's about 20 minutes?

Anyone who has explored this area your comments are welcome as well. Thanks all

We are very good walkers to qualify:

I do a 60k walk each year over 2 days and 5k is nothing to us

(usually about 45 minutes to do 5k).

So that said here is a loose plan:

Walk to Pelican craft centre for browse around and catch bus to Malibu. ===> Easy! right outside the Port's Gatehouse, 1/2 km. away.

Do malibu tour.

After a couple of hours at Malibu, take a leisurely walk down beach to Weisers and continue to pier.

Is this walk doable? ===> Yes. Very.

it looks like we can walk along spring garden, south on kennedy through the round about and along Prescod and straight shot down to the ship.

Or we may pick up a taxi at Weisers? ===> Quite possible, but sounds like you could easily walk back too

just retrace your steps back to the Port. It's not that far.

From what I can surmise from posts it's about 2k from Malibu to port? ===> Accurate.

Would this be a good estimate? ===> Accurate! see picture below

If so that's about 20 minutes? ===> Yes.

For walkers of your range and ability, this is well within your range

All locations mentioned within a 1 mile radius of the Port and where your ship is docked.

This is where you're going....no,not the Coast Guard Sta.

NorthwardView-472.jpg

Taken from the top deck on Carnival Victory -on the way in to Bridgetown

Thanks guys. That's good info - glad I was on target for time and distance. We may be doing a tour with Hightide Watersports in the morning and I wanted to keep the afternoon easy. Since we will be dropped in port, we will likely now do the craft area, catch the bus do the cheap 2 drink tour, enjoy the beach and walk back to the ship. Perfect!:cool:

Thanks so much!:D

We may be doing a tour with Hightide Watersports in the morning and I wanted to keep the afternoon easy.

Since we will be dropped in port, we will likely now do the craft area, catch the bus

do the cheap 2 drink tour, enjoy the beach and walk back to the ship. Perfect!

Thanks for the email.

Not much I can help you with except South side of the Careenage, in Bridgetown...

N0718.jpg

Most of commercial Bridgetown is on the North side of the river/waterfront shown above.

This includes the Port area, from which direction you'll be approaching.

That'll be everything on the right side of the above photo 1.

Walk Eastward along the boardwalk shown here in photo 2

BTown-506.jpg

in this above direction -until you get to the bridge

(from where the first shot is taken, looking Westward 'down' the Careenage)...

cross the bridge

and then work your way along the pleasure boats you see parked at left in photo 1

until you find your boat!

He'll probably be a ways down, past the sport fishermen

By now you've figured that these pics are taken from positions opposing ea.other,

and you'll come across the second scene first

- before getting to the first scene second. :D

Make perfect island-sense, doesn't it?

yeah I thought so.

N0718.jpg

We'll walk down from the right side of this pic, along the boardwalk/bridge (set out in photo 2 and forefront of this pic) and then down the left side of this pic past the yellow building, past fishing boats to our guy? Did I get my island right?:cool:

Archived