Will an American feel welcome on the QM2

nitnyleo

And Gar, for your next cruise conversation, Connecticut's official fossil, not to be outdone, is--da-duh--the Eubrontes Giganteus, beat that one!!!

Sorry, dude, but your fossil is just a footprint of a, probably, very large, pre-feathered turkey. Pennsylvania has the whole animal, forever memorialized in rock. So, yes, our fossil is better than your fossil.

PS: See ya next year at a major bowl game (oops, forgot, you don't do those). See ya next year at the big dance.

Hi.

I've been reading posts for long ime, and have now properly joined. You're all very funny, lol.Especially Garie.

We were thinking of booking the maden QE; do you think we can still get on?

Gari please stop posting under assumed identities... Popeye indeed

Lol no this is me.

Sorry your having fun. But if you think I can get on, let me know.

Are you all american and from France?

xx

PS Some of my friends say Cunard is dead classy, but I keep telling them, just read this seit! Your all pretty normal!!! And fun.

:p

Lol no this is me.

Sorry your having fun. But if you think I can get on, let me know.

xx

PS Some of my friends say Cunard is dead classy, but I keep telling them, just read this seit! Your all pretty normal!!! And fun.

:p

French, I don't think there are many French, we have some Scots and Americans, Canadians, Welsh and Irish. And of course the English. :) (Hope no-one is left out). As to maiden voyage, tricky I would think but people do reserve cruises with the intention of going bur circumstances change and they cancel. So I would suggest that you go on a waitlist at least. But there are no guarantees.

Ha hahahah Hohohoho Heeheeheeh!! There is more than one state with an OFFICIAL shell fish? Dear lord above! Do you have OFFICIAL Insects; Arachnids; Ceteceans;Cephalopods; Sausages; Fungusususes; Mosses?

Is there is no end to this lunacy. Heeeeheeee. This has made my day.icon10.gif An OFFICIAL bloody shellfish. You couldn't make it up. Who does make it up? The Official dipstick? How much does he/she get paid? Can I have a job? Stop with the official stuff, I'm in grave danger of becoming incontinent and there men in white coats knocking at my door.

Gareee heeee heeee heeee!

New York State Symbols:

State Fruit - Apple

State Beverage - Milk

State Tree - Sugar Maple

State Flower - Rose

State Insect - Ladybug

State Bird - Bluebird

State Animal - Beaver

State Fish - Trout

State Fossil - Sea Scorpion

State Gem - Garnet

State Muffin - Apple Muffin

State Shell - Bay Scallop

:D

WOT? Wash your mouth out, sir. Brenda shall be right down to your sand bar to smack your hand!

As it's a pretty small sand bar, I'd best pay attention. 75 F and sunny on the beach today.

PS: See ya next year at a major bowl game (oops, forgot, you don't do those). See ya next year at the big dance.

Outch, that was a rough one, although they are somewhat of a one trick pony!

The French are on here? Are they slumming, did they mistake this for a Costa board?

BTW, good one Capt.!

Texas Symbols - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Texas_symbols

We actually don't have a State fossil, it's a State dinosaur Brachiosaur sauropod, God awful big of course.

Let the flames begin!!

French, I don't think there are many French, we have some Scots and Americans, Canadians, Welsh and Irish. And of course the English. :) (Hope no-one is left out). As to maiden voyage, tricky I would think but people do reserve cruises with the intention of going bur circumstances change and they cancel. So I would suggest that you go on a waitlist at least. But there are no guarantees.

thankyou very much.

Its amazing that people frrom all over the world are here talking about these lovely ships. We have been on many holidays on earth, mainly French and here in England, but feel we want to try shipping. We both don't work (long (and sad) story!!!!!!!!!!!) and can be very flexible.

I cant wait. I have read about the formal nights, and feel a big shop coming on. Harvey nics, hire some extra staff, here I come!!!!

I might ask a lot of questions. I hope you dont mind.

hank you.

My name is Michelle.

You realize you'll know their life stories by the end of the first meal, even before they've "been properly introduced".

Fair Do's, the cousins are usually scrupulous about introductions the first time at table and, in what seems to me to be a minor miracle they actually remember everyone's name. (Do they run courses on this in U.S. schools?) Ok so it's self introduction but you could eat with a bunch of Brits for a month and unless you make the first move you're still referring to them as 'old wossisname and his missus' at the end of the trip. Another thing I like about the American introduction is the little snippet of additional information you always get, just enough to hang a conversation onto in that first awkard moment. You know the kind of thing, 'Oh Hi there, we are Dwayne and Doris Dzertsomvitchski from Dingbat Dakota, I'm in Ladies Lingerie' and away you go. Ace!

Gari

Fair Do's, the cousins are usually scrupulous about introductions the first time at table and, in what seems to me to be a minor miracle they actually remember everyone's name. (Do they run courses on this in U.S. schools?) Ok so it's self introduction but you could eat with a bunch of Brits for a month and unless you make the first move you're still referring to them as 'old wossisname and his missus' at the end of the trip. Another thing I like about the American introduction is the little snippet of additional information you always get, just enough to hang a conversation onto in that first awkard moment. You know the kind of thing, 'Oh Hi there, we are Dwayne and Doris Dzertsomvitchski from Dingbat Dakota, I'm in Ladies Lingerie' and away you go. Ace!

Gari

It comes from our national history. You come over to a new world. Not knowing a soul. Of course, you seek to get to know everyone you meet. You all, with your centuries of history and tradition, spend your energy on trying not to reveal yourself to someone who just might be from that branch of the family that was cut out of the will two centuries ago.

Gari

right Gari! Stop it! That's twice in a week you've made me laugh! :D

New York State Symbols:

State Fruit - Apple

State Beverage - Milk

State Tree - Sugar Maple

State Flower - Rose

State Insect - Ladybug

State Bird - Bluebird

State Animal - Beaver

State Fish - Trout

State Fossil - Sea Scorpion

State Gem - Garnet

State Muffin - Apple Muffin

State Shell - Bay Scallop

:D

I just have to ask, WHY?

Gari

Gari

So many posts, so little time after I stop laughing :).

I think Dingbat is located on the State Line between North and South Dakota . . . In any case, Dingbat might be bigger than Rhode island. ;)

I just have to ask, WHY?

Gari

New York State is a strange place, it really has three parts:

NYC;

Suburban NYC which includes Lon-Gisland (that's what I wrote), plus parts of Connecticut and New Jersey;

"Upstate"

The last is a bit nebulous. It obviously includes such places as Albany, Buffalo and Niagra Falls, but to the average Manhattanite it probably begins in the Bronx.

New York State is a strange place, it really has three parts:

NYC;

Suburban NYC which includes Lon-Gisland (that's what I wrote), plus parts of Connecticut and New Jersey;

"Upstate"

The last is a bit nebulous. It obviously includes such places as Albany, Buffalo and Niagra Falls, but to the average Manhattanite it probably begins in the Bronx.

Or 79th Street.:eek:

Apparently, no official New York State tartan. There is one for New York City, though. McLennium.

newyork_tartan2.jpg

Apparently designed specifically for the Millenium. Again the question arises immediately, WHY?

Of course , of course, to make MONEY, stupid old me. Does the OFFICIAL tartan have to be worn by every pipe band in the city now?

Gari

Apparently designed specifically for the Millenium. Again the question arises immediately, WHY?

Of course , of course, to make MONEY, stupid old me. Does the OFFICIAL tartan have to be worn by every pipe band in the city now?

Gari

And here is Connecticut's state tartan, adopted in 1995 by the state of Connecticut. It is surprisingly similar to the NYC tartan. Hmmmmmmm--you don't suppose that . . . . . . .

Scottish Tartans Authority - recorded details for this tartan

stalogo.gif

002671.jpgConnecticut, State of

STA No. 2671

American State tartan

Colours in frequency order

Blue: Balmoral

Green

Grey

White: Wilsons

Red

Yellow

So, apparently you Brits don't have "official stuff".

But you do have many items that are by "appointment to the queen" ... which makes them de facto "official stuff".

I'll let you know if Pennsylvania adopts an official state tonic water, or mustard, or pickle relish or . . .

PS: at the risk of taking this thread to the most common level, is there a condom that is "by appointment to the queen"?

So, apparently you Brits don't have "official stuff".

But you do have many items that are by "appointment to the queen" ... which makes them de facto "official stuff".

I'll let you know if Pennsylvania adopts an official state tonic water, or mustard, or pickle relish or . . .

PS: at the risk of taking this thread to the most common level, is there a condom that is "by appointment to the queen"?

I don't know whether the enquiry was serious, but you should be aware that the Royal Family have staff that do those sort of things for them so they are never put in a potentially embarassing situation or position. As a matter of interest I think the answer may be No, but this link FLYING COLOURS FLAGMAKERS LTD will take you to the Royal Flagmaker, which is close. :)

Archived