Help with Juneau float/heli excursions

bearsmom24

We are on HAL cruisetour #19 from May 17-30. We are trying to figure out what specifically to do in Juneau other than whale watching on our own with Harv and Marv. We are already taking Misty Fjords floatpane in Ketchikan - do we also take floatplane/helicopter over glaciers w/ landing in Juneau? We are also staying in Denali for 2 nights - do we do McKinley w/glacier landing there also or in lieu of Juneau glacier?

we have never been to Alaska and want to know if we should spend the $ on both flightseeing trips in Denali AND Juneau glacier helo/plane - or do we do just one - and if just one, which one? Is one more spectaular/MUST do vs the other?

Any recommendations for flightseeing on your own vs. cruise line?

Thanks for the help!

I would not do another floatplane in Juneau, and a glacier helicopter landing would be my top recommendation. I replied elsewhere, but cobook these two, so as to not waste at least an hour backtracking downtown Juneau.

I would not do another floatplane in Juneau, and a glacier helicopter landing would be my top recommendation. I replied elsewhere, but cobook these two, so as to not waste at least an hour backtracking downtown Juneau.

I was looking at either a floatplane or helicopter glacier landing in Juneau. Even though the helicopter landing is almost double in price, I really wanted to land from a helicopter and walk around on a glacier. However, when I went to book the excursion, I found out the max weight per passenger is 250#. Since I am a "gentleman's" 280# (more with glacier walking clothing), looks like the floatplane is going to be in my future instead. Bummer! :(

I was looking at either a floatplane or helicopter glacier landing in Juneau. Even though the helicopter landing is almost double in price, I really wanted to land from a helicopter and walk around on a glacier. However, when I went to book the excursion, I found out the max weight per passenger is 250#. Since I am a "gentleman's" 280# (more with glacier walking clothing), looks like the floatplane is going to be in my future instead. Bummer! :(

No flames please- :) BUT, for me, I do what I want, and don't compromise. :) I've spent money where I had my traveling companions shaking their heads. Like my January, Sydney Harbor bridge climb- good thing for the strong dollar, it "only" cost me $168. :) My sister, about fainted (was also worth that reaction). So my point is, the overall trip is costing you way more than the couple hundred add on. I am never one to have regrets and don't settle. Just an option to perhaps think about?

No flames please- :) BUT, for me, I do what I want, and don't compromise. :) I've spent money where I had my traveling companions shaking their heads. Like my January, Sydney Harbor bridge climb- good thing for the strong dollar, it "only" cost me $168. :) My sister, about fainted (was also worth that reaction). So my point is, the overall trip is costing you way more than the couple hundred add on. I am never one to have regrets and don't settle. Just an option to perhaps think about?

I agree with you on the $$$ issue, but my problem is being 30#+ over the weight limit. :o I would pay the extra for a heli trip is they would let me.

I agree with you on the $$$ issue, but my problem is being 30#+ over the weight limit. :o I would pay the extra for a heli trip is they would let me.

For clairfication, THEY WILL. Over 250 lbs, is usually a 50% surcharge.

Archived