Extended StayAMerica Convention Fort Lauderdale

hobbesl0l20

Can anyone tell me if this is a decent hotel in Fort Lauderdale for January 3rd 2010 at $90.00 US? I am looking to book early to ensure we have a place near the cruise port as this is our first cruise and we have never been in this area. We can always change if something else comes up. We will be driving and probably parking at the cruise terminal. Appreciate any comments.

Can anyone tell me if this is a decent hotel in Fort Lauderdale for January 3rd 2010 at $90.00 US? I am looking to book early to ensure we have a place near the cruise port as this is our first cruise and we have never been in this area. We can always change if something else comes up. We will be driving and probably parking at the cruise terminal. Appreciate any comments.

We stayed there in 2008. It's clean and very safe. There are no amenities - except coffee provided. There's a small kitchenette. We hopped on the Sun Trolley (50 cents) and did a round trip tour to the water and around and back to the ESA. Got off at a Publix to pick up a few last minute things and OJ + donuts to tide us over till we boarded the ship. Walked the two blocks back to ESA. Then hopped on Trolley again and took it back to Bubba Gumps where we had a delicious dinner outside on their patio.

there really are NO amenities....unless things have changed, they don't even have tissues or shampoo......

it is in a good area though....you can walk to a number of places.......shops, restaurants, publix, total wine and beverage, etc.

We stayed there last Februray for a pre cruise and have it booked for our cruise next February. Great location, clean and a nice staff. For a one or two night pre cruise it is perfect at that price.

Thanks everyone for your input!! We did book and got it for January 3rd for $80.94 with coupon. It seems it is right in the middle af everything and I am sure on my drive from Ontario I can gather enough soap and shampoo to get me through 1 night. Ha Ha. We can always cancel but can't see why I would at that price.

Thanks everyone for your input!! We did book and got it for January 3rd for $80.94 with coupon. It seems it is right in the middle af everything and I am sure on my drive from Ontario I can gather enough soap and shampoo to get me through 1 night. Ha Ha. We can always cancel but can't see why I would at that price.

Just for fun, I checked the La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport, and I'm getting it on Jan. 3rd for $72.

Stayed there in '07 and agree with the above posts. The ESA is a very clean but no-frills hotel. Doesn't matter as there is so much to do in the area. It is in a GREAT area. On the morning of your cruise you can walk ~ 2 blocks east to a bridge at the port to see your ship! It's that close. $80 is a steal. You will need to take a taxi to the port but the person at the front desk can call one for you. When we booked our room for this year, the ESA wouldn't give us a one nighter so we booked next door at the Holiday Inn Express. Now as our cruise got closer, one nighters were available at the ESA for 1/2 what we paid at the HI Express. Grrr. Still, I don't mind because it is the perfect area for a precruise stay over. You should also be aware that there is a water taxi that stops every 1/2 hr (?) below the above mentioned bridge. It covers the inland waterway north of this point. I think it is $13 a day per person for unlimited use.

I just made a reservation via internet for Extended Stay (Convention Center)for Feb 25 - 27, 2010 for a rate of $90.24 per night.

However, when I called the hotel yesterday to ask some questions, they said they don't know what the rates will be for next year. And that they don't take reservations more than 6 months in advance. I told him that I had seen the rates on their web site. He replied, "well you know the internet..it can be wrong..."

So anyway, I did print out my confirmation of the reservation and certainly hope that they will honor it!!!

Any experience with this?/

Jane

I just made a reservation via internet for Extended Stay (Convention Center)for Feb 25 - 27, 2010 for a rate of $90.24 per night.

However, when I called the hotel yesterday to ask some questions, they said they don't know what the rates will be for next year. And that they don't take reservations more than 6 months in advance. I told him that I had seen the rates on their web site. He replied, "well you know the internet..it can be wrong..."

So anyway, I did print out my confirmation of the reservation and certainly hope that they will honor it!!!

Any experience with this?/

Jane

I wasn't aware of this but will call when I get home from work and check. I would hate to get there and not have a room. I also printed out my confirmation and also received an e-mail confirmation which I printed. They wouldn't want negative feedback on this site for not honouring a reservation I wouldn't think.

:confused:

I wasn't aware of this but will call when I get home from work and check. I would hate to get there and not have a room. I also printed out my confirmation and also received an e-mail confirmation which I printed. They wouldn't want negative feedback on this site for not honouring a reservation I wouldn't think.

:confused:

Please let me know what they say when you call...

Jane

We stayed here Jan. 2008 and it was good. Would like to book there again for Jan. 2010. Might I ask where you got the coupon? Our rate is currently at $99 for king on Jan. 8.

Thanks!

We stayed here Jan. 2008 and it was good. Would like to book there again for Jan. 2010. Might I ask where you got the coupon? Our rate is currently at $99 for king on Jan. 8.

Thanks!

To get the coupon you have to go to the bottom of the page at the Extended Stayamerica homepage and register yur e-mail address and they will give you the 90.24 rate if you are a senior (age has it's advantages)and also take another $10.00 off that rate. You may have to cancel your reservation and rebook or try to just show the coupon. Good Luck!!

Marilyn

I called the 1-800-804-3724# and confirmed our reservation and rate. You should have no problems.:)

thanks, Marilyn.....I feel much better about the reservation now. I also booked an extra PM before our cruise. For Feb of 2010 we have decided to go to Ft. Lauderdale 3 days early instead of just one day early. We never have had time before to really enjoy Ft. Lauderdale. And the Extended Stay is in a great location....plus with the kitchen, we will buy some food for breakfast, etc!!

Jane

Archived