Navigator Suite 1107

Hi - has anybody ever stayed in this suite. I am currently booked on Navigator Athens to Istabul on 14th August on deck 6 in a cabin which accomodates 3.

I want to now also include the week before Monte Carlo to Athens to make a 2 week cruise, unfortunately my existing booked suite is not available for this first week, but they can offer me 1107 for the full 2 weeks (with a substantial price increase on my E grade to B grade!!).

I am debating if the additional spend is worth the money. I did like the position of my deck 6 cabin as it was low down and fairly central, this new cabin is high up and towards the front - is this a good place to be. Also I get a butler apparently - what will he/she do for me? I do really want to do the full 2 weeks though, but just want to check that the cabin is ok?

Be grateful for any input.

Many thanks

D

You can expect considerable motion in 1107. Personally, I would prefer deck 6. I was asked to move from deck 6 on my most recent cruise because another passenger on the previous leg wanted to add that leg without moving cabins. I was given an upgrade to a higher deck without charge. You might ask your TA to see if the occupant will move. It's worth a try.

We loved deck 11, however, as JoAnne said, you feel the motion quite a bit up there (the only negative). On the other hand, the seas were very calm when we were in the Med. last October. It is very quiet on deck 11, and, if you'll be on board for two weeks, you may want to use the laundry faclities (usually available on deck 11 as there are only 25 cabins).

The butler can do as much or as little as you like. In a butler suite, you fill out a form online indicating your preferences for snacks and beverages in the room as well as what type of pillow, blanket, etc. you would like. The butler can unpack or pack for you (don't know anyone that utilizes that service), make reservations at speciality restaurants and will bring you appetizers in your suite at 5 p.m. You have a phone number for him and, if, for instance, a lightbulb goes out -- just call and he'll make arrangements for it to be fixed in a very short period of time.

Having said all that, we personally do not book Penthouse suites for the butler -- we have done it to be able to get Business Class air instead of Economy.

You mentioned that you are booked on deck 6, in a suite that accommodates 3 people. Would that be 601 by any chance? We're booked in that suite next year and have not been in a suite lower than deck 8 before. We've also heard that the movement is pretty bad because it is right up front. Have you stayed on deck 6 before???

Hi All -thanks for the updates.

This will be our first time sailing with Regent, and as it is August in the Med I am hoping for calm seas. On other cruises (mainly P&O so bigger ships), we always have central lower decks to counter the movement, as my son does tend to get a little sea sick, but the last couple of cruises he does seem to have grown out of it.

I think I am just going to go for it, and hope for the best, as the itinery on the first leg does look lovely (as does the second leg!)

We just spent 11 nights in 1112 (same cruise as Travelcat) and also loved it. Very quiet and very private.....just booked deck 10 for another cruise next year. If you are pool people, or just outdoor people, you will love the proximity to the pool deck. Also.....just a quick walk to Galileo's for trivia or pre-dinner cocktails.:)

We actually felt less motion in 1112 than we did in 803 the year before.

The butler is a nice addition, but not a necessary one for sure.

Hi All -thanks for the updates.

This will be our first time sailing with Regent, and as it is August in the Med I am hoping for calm seas. On other cruises (mainly P&O so bigger ships), we always have central lower decks to counter the movement, as my son does tend to get a little sea sick, but the last couple of cruises he does seem to have grown out of it.

I think I am just going to go for it, and hope for the best, as the itinery on the first leg does look lovely (as does the second leg!)

Hi EnglandsRose!

We will be sailing on the Aug 7 Monte Carlo - Athens Cruise...I have booked Deck 6, in hope that my boys (& husband) won't feel as much motion as on the upper decks. As a matter of fact, I am not even going to mention it at all...I think I will just give them Bonine every day and tell them that it is a vitamin.;) How old is your son?

You mentioned that you are booked on deck 6, in a suite that accommodates 3 people. Would that be 601 by any chance? We're booked in that suite next year and have not been in a suite lower than deck 8 before. We've also heard that the movement is pretty bad because it is right up front. Have you stayed on deck 6 before???

Hi Travelcat2!

We are booked in suite 601...I was hoping that someone could give me some info on that cabin. I am really wishing for smooth sailing and not a lot of movement. I will stock up on bonine.

627 (I guess you could be in 617) is my favorite cabin on ship. If I were in your shoes, I would find the cheapest three person cabin (not near the stern) for the first week and stay in 627 (or 617) for the second week. Your stewardess will do all the hard work moving you.

Hi Travelcat2!

We are booked in suite 601...I was hoping that someone could give me some info on that cabin. I am really wishing for smooth sailing and not a lot of movement. I will stock up on bonine.

From what we have heard, this is a much sought after cabin. However, when the anchor goes up or down, there is a terrible noise. Still, the suite is over 500 sq. ft. We'll be in 601 for an Alaska cruise -- not typically rough. I've found that even taking 1/4 of a Bonine really help curb seasickness:)

Hi - mr levin we are currently in 627 the second week, my TA has tried all combinations with Regent (who were extremely helpful) to find the cheapest 3 berth but the only one available is 1107, so if I want this first week, then that is what I have to take. They did offer us the ability to move but I really don't to do that.

Peek a Boo - my son is 14.

There have been a number of posts about this cabin..my favorite, I might add. It is larger with a separate seating area. You will really enjoy the extra large balcony!!! But on the downside, you can also get a lot of motion in rough seas (even in the med) and you will hear loud clanging, and I mean loud!, about an hour or so before coming into port or in rough seas. I don't mind it, but it will definitely wake you.

There have been a number of posts about this cabin..my favorite, I might add. It is larger with a separate seating area. You will really enjoy the extra large balcony!!! But on the downside, you can also get a lot of motion in rough seas (even in the med) and you will hear loud clanging, and I mean loud!, about an hour or so before coming into port or in rough seas. I don't mind it, but it will definitely wake you.

Whenever I read your posts about suite 601, it reminds me not to cancel it for our Alaska cruise next year. It sounds like a great suite -- think I'll pack some earplugs though:D

Archived