Seattle - Fairfield Inn or SpringHill Suites

LRY229

We're flying into SeaTac late on 7/9 leaving on RCCL Rhapsody on the 10th then flying out at 6:00am on the 18th.

Trying to decide between just staying at the Fairfield at the airport for convenience or at Spring Hill Suites Seattle South/Renton. Both have free airport shuttle. I can get a Marriott employee rate at either of these hotels for approx $70/night. Not knowing anything about Seattle, I have no idea which to choose. From what I've read RCCL will be at pier 91 - there will be 2 of us so we will probably just take a cab.

Thanks for any help - I know this question gets asked alot.

i don't know if this is the same Springhill suites you are thinking of...we stayed at the one on Howell and Yale streets..they have a shuttle to downtown and they have a shuttle to the pier...downtown is walkable from this hotel, if you are a walker ...not that close. the airport is far from downtown. if you are flying in just to go to the ship and not to see any of Seattle, it doesn't matter where u stay. if u want to sightsee do not stay at the airport. I'm not sure where rendon is..call Springhill suites for location..they were very nice there

Our group of 5 stayed flew in late for 1 night pre-Alaska cruise at SS in Renton last September in a deluxe 2 BR suite for like $130+taxes/fees and it was excellent, we almost didn't feel like leaving in the morning for the pier. Clean, fresh & very comfortable pillows, linens & beds, free in-room internet.

Called the hotel once we started gathering our luggage to get the shuttle, followed direction & went outside & the driver pulled up to the designated pickup area in less than 15 minutes. The van does drop-off for SS and 2 other deluxe hotels that are right next to each other - a short 10+ minutes ride in late night from SEA. Free breakfast was deluxe without any meat, just hard boiled eggs with those hot waffles, juice, cereals, oatmeal, coffee, pastries & fresh fruits. There's a self-service min-store for instant noodle soups, sandwiches, soda, etc. if you arrive late night & hungry for something to eat as there's nothing around there like 7-11. Microwave & coffee maker in the room and ours had the kitchen w. utensils.

Upon checkin, we asked & front desk called & arrange for the towncar to pick us up for the downtown pier as we didn't want to shuttle back to SEA for the ride, and driver took us on a different route that rode along the scenic waterfront down to our pier in the late morning.

I would just call them directly to see if their shuttle will be running and take you to SEA in early morning hours.

Archived