Singapore transfer/excursion

Jade13

This question is for anyone who just completed the one or two (or three) cruises this year that ended in Singapore (Hong Kong to Singapore). Did Azamara offer any transfers to the airport that included any sightseeing? Because the cruise is already 14 nights and we will need to get back to work, we will not have time to stay in Singapore. I understand we are supposed to arrive at 4:00pm (next year) the night before and the zoo sounds like a great option. I know other lines such as Celebrity offer a bit of sightseeing (Miami or maybe in Rome) as long as your departing flight is after a certain time such as 4:00pm. Was this offered this year? It may make a difference on which airline I choose and departure time.

Yes, we usually do private tours but this would be a likely location where most people are staying overnight in town or going directly to the airport, so I would not be able to put a group together and would consider a group transfer with the cruiseline.

Also, how far is the airport from where the ship docks?

Thanks.

If things are the same next year as this, Azamara will have short (3-4 hour) tours the day after you berth that end up either at the airport or at a number of hotels. This year, we took the tour that visited Chinatown, some of the historic sections of Singapore and the Botanical Gardens, before going to the airport. If you fancy the zoo (we saw it several years ago, and it was fantastic), then it may be possible to arrange a visit on the afternoon/evening of the day you dock.

Nevernever

If things are the same next year as this, Azamara will have short (3-4 hour) tours the day after you berth that end up either at the airport or at a number of hotels. This year, we took the tour that visited Chinatown, some of the historic sections of Singapore and the Botanical Gardens, before going to the airport. If you fancy the zoo (we saw it several years ago, and it was fantastic), then it may be possible to arrange a visit on the afternoon/evening of the day you dock.

Nevernever

Perfect. That is what I wanted to know (zoo evening we dock and something else on the way to the airport). Do you recall the minimum airline departure time they insist on if you take the ships tour? I think Cathay Pacific (to name one airline) may have a 6:00pm or so departure going back through Hong Kong. I will call Azamara too but probably will get someone in reservations that has no idea (since the tours aren't up for next year).

Hey I wonder if I can contact the Captains Club now that we have one cruise with Celebrity? One of my biggest complaints regarding Celebrity was having to do with first time Celebity cruisers having know one to contact to answer some questions (poor pre-cruise experiance).

Yes, you should be an official Captain's Club member now and I'd go ahead and call them. Don't expect that you'll get wonderful service, however. The disconnect between the wonderful on-board service and the less-than-satisfactory land-based service is an on-going puzzle to me!

Yes, you should be an official Captain's Club member now and I'd go ahead and call them. Don't expect that you'll get wonderful service, however. The disconnect between the wonderful on-board service and the less-than-satisfactory land-based service is an on-going puzzle to me!

Oh wow. Someone who gets what I was talking about last year. You should go read my review of Century from last February 2008. Although I gave the ship overall 5 stars for a clean ship/great value, I thought the land based customer service stunk. I got blasted on the Celebrity board a bit and have not been back even though I felt I gave a really detailed review. I just think overall RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara pre-cruise customer service is below "Mass Market". If HAL had not pulled Rotterdam from Asia next February I would not even be trying Azamara based on my customer service experience with Celebrity. They even "lost" my daughter and her friends cabin when we boarded and tried to move minors to another deck from us even though we had not booked a guarantee, and no help when we boarded. We were just told us to go to Guest Services and on and on. Guest Services wasn't much better than the pre-cruise experience..What do you think of someone who was a long time Celebrity cruiser on our roll call trying to set up a Meet & Greet and Captains Club just absolutely refusing because our cruise was not at least 7 nights? You would not believe what HAL did for us on a 3 night cruise. They even threw in passed appetizers, Champagne, Mamosas etc without any extra charge, not to mention the Hotel Director. Sorry to go off. I hope our Azamara cruise will be better.

Oh wow. Someone who gets what I was talking about last year. You should go read my review of Century from last February 2008. Although I gave the ship overall 5 stars for a clean ship/great value, I thought the land based customer service stunk. I got blasted on the Celebrity board a bit and have not been back even though I felt I gave a really detailed review. I just think overall RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara pre-cruise customer service is below "Mass Market". If HAL had not pulled Rotterdam from Asia next February I would not even be trying Azamara based on my customer service experience with Celebrity. They even "lost" my daughter and her friends cabin when we boarded and tried to move minors to another deck from us even though we had not booked a guarantee, and no help when we boarded. We were just told us to go to Guest Services and on and on. Guest Services wasn't much better than the pre-cruise experience..What do you think of someone who was a long time Celebrity cruiser on our roll call trying to set up a Meet & Greet and Captains Club just absolutely refusing because our cruise was not at least 7 nights? You would not believe what HAL did for us on a 3 night cruise. They even threw in passed appetizers, Champagne, Mamosas etc without any extra charge, not to mention the Hotel Director. Sorry to go off. I hope our Azamara cruise will be better.

You definitely cannot compare Azamara to Celebrity, it is head and shoulders above them..you will love Azamara..I leave in 30 days and cant wait!!

Jancruz1

Archived