Enchantment leaving Florida in 2010...

It seems RCI is sending the Enchantment to the northeast in the spring of 2010. It will be interesting to see what happens to the summer-time 4 & 5-night cruises out of south Florida.

IMO, I was never a fan of several of the alterations made to the ship when she was lengthened a few years back. Also, a few folks with whom I spoke and had sailed her also weren't too impressed by her overall condition/maintenance. (I am still a fan of the Vision-class ships in their original configurations, though ;o).

Will the powers-that-be answer my prayers and leave the Navigator in south Florida year-round????????? Even rumors of the Majesty's departure have been rattling around the internets (YAY!)...hmmmmmm.

More big deployment changes appear on the horizon for 2010, kittens, so let's see what else is in-store!

Cheers!

Gigglewolf-Of-The-Seas

:p

Yes, I agree, it's pretty exciting to hear about all these new deployments and the new cruising opportunities that will be available. Just a sign of times to come!

I am hopeful for an announcement of a 95000-115000 GRT new class of ships!

Will the powers-that-be answer my prayers and leave the Navigator in south Florida year-round?????????

NOS is schedule to be in Europe for the summer of 2010 and cruises just went on sale for that a week or two ago.

It seems RCI is sending the Enchantment to the northeast in the spring of 2010. It will be interesting to see what happens to the summer-time 4 & 5-night cruises out of south Florida.

IMO, I was never a fan of several of the alterations made to the ship when she was lengthened a few years back. Also, a few folks with whom I spoke and had sailed her also weren't too impressed by her overall condition/maintenance. (I am still a fan of the Vision-class ships in their original configurations, though ;o).

Will the powers-that-be answer my prayers and leave the Navigator in south Florida year-round????????? Even rumors of the Majesty's departure have been rattling around the internets (YAY!)...hmmmmmm.

More big deployment changes appear on the horizon for 2010, kittens, so let's see what else is in-store!

Cheers!

Gigglewolf-Of-The-Seas

What did you dislike about the changes that were made when she was stretched? My reaction was completely the opposite. I liked the addition of Chops, Boleros and one of the nicest concierge lounges in the fleet. Also thought that the new pool deck area was a distinct improvement over the previous layout. Haven't cruised on her since just after the stretch, so I can't comment on any maintenance issues, but based on our observations of maintenance procedures on the other ships in the fleet, I am surprised to hear it is substandard on Enchantment.

I know that folks in the Baltimore area are thrilled that Enchantment will be cruising from there year round, something that having an enclosed solarium will make more feasible during the winter months. We have been appealing to RCI to make significant changes to their list of departure ports and to their itineraries. It will be interesting to see the reaction now that some of those changes appear to be happening. :)

The overall impression to many folks who sailed the EN after she was lengthened was that the addition of the more restaurants, bars, lounges, pool area was great. However, the additional cabins/passengers put too much of a strain on the vessel's a/c & water systems.

These are comments I've heard from folks within the industry and lay-folks, many of whom are south Floridians with experience sailing a variety of vessels.

Just an opinion, is all...take it as you may...my intention was not to start a debate about the condition of the EN...more that it would be nice to have a new vessel in the south Florida cruise market year-round.

Really??? A new RCI class of vessel??? I hadn't heard anything about that, but I haven't been around as much lately, either, lol.

Intriguing...would make them slight larger than the Radiance-class ships, yet smaller than Voyager-class.

Any more info??

Gigglewolf.....

More or less wishful thinking, BUT they will need to take a direction in the future with new build ships, and it is impossible to continue with Oasis-sized ships that can't fit into most ports. An "inbetween" class would be great for Alaska, Europe, the northeast, and the Caribbean/Bahamas.

The overall impression to many folks who sailed the EN after she was lengthened was that the addition of the more restaurants, bars, lounges, pool area was great. However, the additional cabins/passengers put too much of a strain on the vessel's a/c & water systems.

These are comments I've heard from folks within the industry and lay-folks, many of whom are south Floridians with experience sailing a variety of vessels.

Just an opinion, is all...take it as you may...my intention was not to start a debate about the condition of the EN...more that it would be nice to have a new vessel in the south Florida cruise market year-round.

Do you by chance know how many additional passenger the Enchantment can hold post-stretch? According to the RCI webpage, Enchantment and Grandeur have the same passenger capacity, which I doubt is true unless they reduced the number of rooms with a 3/4 capacity.

I'm sure you didn't want to start a debate - but it is not a good idea to start a discussion about the condition and changes to a ship you haven't been on; if your signature is complete, that is.

Most posters make comments from first hand observations and experiences.

I was on Enchantment in last spring and thoroughly enjoyed the ship. I am really looking forward to my cruise next month.

allseas1586: I'm sure they're already working on a design for a ship-class after Oasis, but given the financing issues that have arisen around the Oasis & Allure (which seem to be resolving themselves), I imagine it might be a while before RCI goes announcing new ship orders (I could be wrong, of course ;o).

temple1: While I haven't sailed the EN, I have toured the vessel on several occasions, before & after the lengthening. I understand many folks have had positive experiences with her...that's great and I am sincerely happy for the folks in & around Maryland for having a new cruise option. Many others weren't all that smitten, with the increased passenger capacity affecting their overall experience/impression.

We were on the Enchantment shortly after the stretch, and again last year, we have also sailed on her sister ship the Granduer, the Enchantment has so much more to offer, and is our favorite ship, we are happy to hear she will be based within driving distance next year.

Archived