2 for 1 Sale Today

Whippets

Has anyone shopped this sale today? Anyone finding it to be a very good deal? We are looking at a cruise in April on the Dawn.

I went to NCL's site but didn't see anything mentioned? Did you get an email you'd like to share?

Has anyone shopped this sale today? Anyone finding it to be a very good deal? We are looking at a cruise in April on the Dawn.

Just spoke to our PCC...it looks like the 2 for 1 promotion is available on a few select sailings in 2009 and applies to inside, balcony and mini-suite cabins.

We were looking at the Jade Mediterranean sailing in September and I was thrilled when our PCC said it was included in the special. But the price he quoted me for a mini-suite was only $100 less than the website price last week! He told me the discount applies to NCL's "brochure rates", not the website rates. Needless to say, we passed on the "sale". :(

Hope you have better luck!

Happy cruising!

Has anyone had any success with this sale? I just called and was told only two days are available for the Dawn NYC to Bermuda. I mentioned that at least twenty-five dates showed up when clicking the link. Silence on her end ...

Has anyone had any success with this sale? I just called and was told only two days are available for the Dawn NYC to Bermuda. I mentioned that at least twenty-five dates showed up when clicking the link. Silence on her end ...

did you find out which 2 dates...?

The banner at the top of the page states that the one day sale is for Mar. 26th. Seeing that it is only the 25th today, I would think that you may have better luck checking on prices tomorrow....maybe. :confused:

Yes, the one day sale for the general public begins tomorrow but the "private preview sale" starts today (March 25) for lattitudes members.

I received the e-mail last week and called NCL to clarify because the wording was ambiguous. I have a BUNCH of folks watching the fares to book on the 'cheap.' I planned to send out a "BOOK QUICK" e-mail if the fares were, in fact discounted.

After 30 or so minutes on the phone, the supervisor rep said that the PG1DAY Promo code went into effect 3/21. Go figure.

Just in case, though (ever the optimist) I just checked my fares for 6/5 Boston to Bermuda... Up twenty dollars.

Marketing, marketing, marketing.

There is a more extensive thread about this a bit further down the page.

Clare

Quincy, Massachusetts

I have been watching the prices on the Spirit Bermuda cruises. When I got the e mail, I called NCL and even under the sale, the best they could do was a $50 savings pp on a balcony cabin (yes, she said she was applying the discount!) It really seems like deceptive advertising to me, and I must say I was disappointed in NCL. I should add that we were willing to go almost any week as we don't need to worry about airfare for a Boston cruise.

Looking at a European cruise in May. When I went to NCL.com and used the promo code PG1DAY, the fare went up about $100 more than what it would have been without using the code. No, thank you, I will pass on this "sale". I think NCL may be alienating customers rather than attracting any new bookings.

Looking at a European cruise in May. When I went to NCL.com and used the promo code PG1DAY, the fare went up about $100 more than what it would have been without using the code. No, thank you, I will pass on this "sale". I think NCL may be alienating customers rather than attracting any new bookings.

I sent an e-mail to NCL asking for clarification of the ambigous wording... Nada. Zip. Empty IN-Box.

I was also looking at their american site and can't really figure out which are the sale days... I used the code but no change for our date. :confused:

Also, they mention "free upgrade" on our date - whatever does that mean? Anyone know?

is available at an online TA but the airfare is out for us.

We have been checking 2 weeks out from the day I am looking for any unsold balconies for major deals & they go up not down. I am looking at these rates for a one day sale & these are NOT. So I hoping the word SALE bring out bad cruise shoppers thinking they are getting deals, when good shoppers can see these are not. I have talked with PCC about deals we are looking for & not finding and we know they are not sold out with the economy. SO give us Florida rates also. We can get there with BOGO air. We have 5 upgrade coupons to use also, so BD is fine to buy & we get BA AFT. $250 deposit we have to use by November. So let us know when you find us a cruise, thanks NCL.

quote=cruzinaway;18777097]Just spoke to our PCC...it looks like the 2 for 1 promotion is available on a few select sailings in 2009 and applies to inside, balcony and mini-suite cabins.

We were looking at the Jade Mediterranean sailing in September and I was thrilled when our PCC said it was included in the special. But the price he quoted me for a mini-suite was only $100 less than the website price last week! He told me the discount applies to NCL's "brochure rates", not the website rates. Needless to say, we passed on the "sale". :(

Hope you have better luck!

Happy cruising!

I was just on NCL site for the Hawaiian cruise which has been $899 for over 2 weeks & this is a one day sale? Then I choose 4/11 sailing. We are hoping to get BOGO air to & from Honolulu to CLE on CO. I click on balcony I see the prices for all categories:

BA - $999

BB - $979

BC - $949

BD - $1859 ++++

BE - $1839

BF - $1819

BG - $1799

BI - $899

++++ stands for - since when is BD the best balcony? Is BI a guarantee?

I was just on NCL site for the Hawaiian cruise which has been $899 for over 2 weeks & this is a one day sale? Then I choose 4/11 sailing. We are hoping to get BOGO air to & from Honolulu to CLE on CO. I click on balcony I see the prices for all categories:

BA - $999

BB - $979

BC - $949

BD - $1859 ++++

BE - $1839

BF - $1819

BG - $1799

BI - $899

++++ stands for - since when is BD the best balcony? Is BI a guarantee?

Aft Lover. We are cruising in Hawaii on June 13th. We were booked in a BA and the BA price was the same $2219 we were booked for but the BB was $1279 and the BC was $1249. BD thru BG were still over 2000. Final payment is due next Monday so we switched to a BC, exactly 2 floors down with the same larger deck and after it was all done, we saved $1915 for the 2 of us. For those who have never called your PCC before to change prices or rooms, it is really easy. I have called twice now and both times the PCC was fantastic and very helpful.

Rob

Hawaii cruise has $899 for a guarantee balcony, which I have seen for over a month at online TAs & NCL. Now they have 2 for 1 but it isn't since the total is twice the $899 plus taxes. I had a phonecall from a woman asking why I am not going for the under $900 balcony sailing Hawaii, and I stated we sold our timeshare there after cancellation by Delta on our flight as we are boarding because we used DL Skymiles. So AMEX had to get us on the flight FC. The boss acted quite strange as he gave us our tickets & boarded us. SO I will not try it again. I tried entering PG1DAY and nothing. Every online TA has the same price with nothing extra. So to me, no deal.

Then the mastercard closing thread has folks stating they got $300 off a cruise for their 300 point upgrade certs. NCL stated NO & B of A states the card is closed & so are their records but $300 is 3 upgrade certs & no money off. So if we take the guarantee & we get a low balcony can we move up to BA? The PCC stated he didn't know.

Aft Lover. We are cruising in Hawaii on June 13th. We were booked in a BA and the BA price was the same $2219 we were booked for but the BB was $1279 and the BC was $1249. BD thru BG were still over 2000. Final payment is due next Monday so we switched to a BC, exactly 2 floors down with the same larger deck and after it was all done, we saved $1915 for the 2 of us. For those who have never called your PCC before to change prices or rooms, it is really easy. I have called twice now and both times the PCC was fantastic and very helpful.

Archived