Price drop

Farscaper

Minor price change that you may wish to make note of. My September cruise price just dropped by $300/person.

Not sure if Seabourn makes adjustments automatically but my agent made a big deal about fighting for me even though I paid a deposit two days ago, then dropped a rebate from $300 to $250 based on her reduced commission.

Hey, I'm happy, but I hate hearing stories of valour when they are uncalled for.

I just noticed a 50% discount on the Odyssey's maiden Caribbean sailing in November. Hm. I hadn't thought of sailing on the new ship because it's so much larger and also so much more expensive. But that puts it at only $500 more than the 12 day cruise on the Spirit.

I'm having my TA check it out, but I think Odyssey has the larger single supplement as well (I got a 125% on the Spirit). Thanks for the tip, though.

Jane

I'm replying to myself, but I called Seabourn this morning with regard to the 12 day Caribbean cruise on the Odyssey, discounted rate of $3499. Now, I understand the Odyssey doesn't have the generous single supplements of the "triplets", but I nearly passed out when she quoted me $9,000 for a guaranty cabin. I asked her twice if she were sure she was giving me the correct quote. I couldn't understand her explanation, but she stuck to the price. Heavens to betsy.

Needless to say, I'm sticking with the Spirit!

Jane :confused:

I'm replying to myself, but I called Seabourn this morning with regard to the 12 day Caribbean cruise on the Odyssey, discounted rate of $3499. Now, I understand the Odyssey doesn't have the generous single supplements of the "triplets", but I nearly passed out when she quoted me $9,000 for a guaranty cabin. I asked her twice if she were sure she was giving me the correct quote. I couldn't understand her explanation, but she stuck to the price. Heavens to betsy.

Needless to say, I'm sticking with the Spirit!

Jane :confused:

Jane:

If the anticipated $3499 rate included the Club Signature Value discount, as solos, we don't get that. I found that out the hard way once, too; then located the fine print in the Solo pricing section of their annual catalog. There's also a difference between the single supplement, and the "Run of Ship" single supplement amounts, which also varies between the triplets and the new builds! No wonder you couldn't understand her explanation!!!

Like you, I'm sticking to the triplets as long as I can!

Paul ;)

Archived