Guarantee cabin assignment a week out

Cruisequest

We sail one week from today!

I booked five OV guarantee cabins directly through Carnival. My PVP told me to contact her a month out and she might be able to tell me our cabin assignments. I got busy and I didn't contact her until today and she said they are still not assigned.

Hmmm. We received our docs a couple weeks ago and by checking the back of the S&S application I did see cabin numbers.

So does that mean there is still a chance of them moving us?? I guess I assumed that with the new policy the cabin number on our docs would be our FINAL cabin.

Has anyone who has sailed RECENTLY and reserved a guarantee cabin had this happen to them?

Just curious ...

The "new" policy does not seem to be in full effect yet, if anything those that started booking after the announcement might see the results of this, but who knows... if your cabin number is not listed plainly on your docs (without using anything to "decode" it) then it can always change up to sailing... but I would guess since you have five cabins, then they probably won't... but of course they still could (do you see what I'm saying here? LOL)... good luck and have fun!

I'm cruising in 2 weeks, And I found my cabin number, by filling out the fun pass . After you complete the pass, there should be a tab at the bottom to order gifts, click that and then order something. It should tell you your cabin number. You won't complete the order so don't worry about that.

We cruised 4 weeks ago... we received our docs a week out, same "numbers" on the doc as our cabin on the ship... generally, from what it seems, that number will be your cabin... but it could change if your docs still say TBA, but like I said it can always change. I wouldn't stress to much about it... you'll be on the ship and you booked something you would be happy with... and you will find out in less than a week :D Good luck!!!

Before we got our docs we found our cabin and decided that we would take advantage of a suite upgrade offer. When we got our docs the back of the S&S had us in a cat. 11 cabin, the front listed TBA. A few days later the cabins that both my sister and I were in became available. So we tried the "method" with the only 2 cat 12's that were available the day before and we got the error message that an order could not be placed for a guarantee. When we switched the cabin number we got the invalid booking/cabin number. At this point it looks like we have been upgraded to a cat 12. Either way we are just excited that we will be cruising in less than 2 weeks.

On my docs it has the ship then the sailing date then the booking # then the cabin # embark and then guest names. We booked in Aug 11.2004 gty 8A and our cabin # is 8168 which is cat 8C. My parents also are booked the same cat and moved up to the same cat one room between us and at 50 days out this is the cabin # I got when I did the bookmodify meth and we got the luggage tags with our deck on it.

Gina

On the bottom of the sign and sail pass it hass my bootking no. then TBA and then a whole bunch of numbers and my last name. Nothing seems to match a room on the ship

My documents also have my booking # than TBA. I am 11 days out and I called Carnival yesterday to see if my room had been assigned yet and was told it had not. I think I may have found my cabin # using the gift method but i just want to to confirm it. I guess I will just have to wait until we get there!

Katie

LOL, I'm not saying anything (but your cabin number DOES include the letter in front, if that is your cabin number... for example, on some ships the cabin number does not include a letter, it is just a number, but on some the cabin number includes a letter, understand?)

I see this thread going "poof" soon :eek:

on the back page of the sign and sail you will not see TBA in the list of numbers. Unless you are on an older ship- if your cabin has not been assinged you will see GTEE> If you are not seeing GTEE that cabin number is located right after your booking number.

On other pages of the documents you will see TBA. That will never change.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got our docs today and the tags are grey and labelled TBA. I looked on the S & S ticket and the cabin number is listed as GTEE (we have a 8A guarentee) but if I look on the back of this ticket near the bottom there is a long number starting with our booking number followed by 8296. Is this the cabin number some of you are speaking about? If so, when I look at the Victory deck plans this cabin is on the Verandah deck and labelled as a cat 8c. Does this mean I have been touched by the upgrade fairy? Not that I am stressing about this anyway. We leave in 12 days for sunny Florida, whats to stress about.:)

Nice cabin location. not far from anything--you did real good with the upgrade fairy. You still need to check in with any porter at the dock for new luggage tags. Do not give them your luggage until new tags are placed.

THAN YOU !!!!! Just checked the sign and sail code and found our cabin numbers, we booked guaranteed ocean view which is what we got, oh well, no upgrade, but found we have adjoining rooms which we were a little worried about where the rooms will be since we are going with our teens, so now they cant get away with nuthin LOL but also they are directly below the galley which seems like it will be a quiet place instead of being below the disco or something and we are at the rear of the ship so I hope it holds true that we will have the rear dining room for dinner, didnt get upgraded as of yet at least, but got everything else we were hoping for!!!

. Unless you are on an older ship- if your cabin has not been assinged you will see GTEE>

On other pages of the documents you will see TBA. That will never change.

Just got friends docs in and it does read "TBA" and this is for the Miracle.

The line starts with the 6 digit booking number then "TBA"

Steve

they are directly below the galley which seems like it will be a quiet place instead of being below the disco or something

Not so quit! My DD and SIL were under the galley last cruise. Every meal and midnight buffets, there was banging going on over there heads at all times. It was really bad the last night. But, as young people it may not bother them.

Archived