Wine Cards

bubba88

We purchased wine cards for our upcoming cruise. My TA said they could be used thru out the ship; but I read somewhere they were only for the dining rooms ..... anyone out there buy one and where could you use it? And what do they mean by "speciality drinks"? We purchased those as well......Thanks!

Hi There, You can use your wine card everywhere on the ship except the dining room/pinnacle. I just got off Eurodam 1.5 weeks ago and used it all over the ship. There is another card - Cocktail Card - for specialty drinks...

Hope that helps.

Wendy:)

Hi There, You can use your wine card everywhere on the ship except the dining room/pinnacle. I just got off Eurodam 1.5 weeks ago and used it all over the ship. There is another card - Cocktail Card - for specialty drinks...

Hope that helps.

Is this something new where you cannot use your wine card in the dining room? I have used my wine card there in the past.

Rochelle

Is this something new where you cannot use your wine card in the dining room? I have used my wine card there in the past.

Rochelle

I was not able to use mine in the dining room or pinnacle.. Sorry if I gave incorrect information.. I will definately try again next cruise because I have many spots left to be punched...lol

We have bought the wine cards since they first came out a coupe of years ago -- and have always been able to use them in the dining room -- even on our recent Noordam cruises!!

Now -- we never use them in the Pinnacle as we prefer to buy a bottle of wine.

But I have seen people use the card in the Pinnacle.

I was not able to use mine in the dining room or pinnacle.. Sorry if I gave incorrect information.. I will definately try again next cruise because I have many spots left to be punched...lol
You definitely should have been able to use it in the dining room. That's where the majority of wine cards are sold.

Some ships do allow its use in the PG and some don't. (We didn't go to the PG on the Eurodam, and have no experience there.) The reason that some don't allow it is that the PGs use a better grade of house wine than the dining room and bars.

As far as using up unused punches on a 2nd ship - that's not supposed to be allowed, but some bartenders and wine stewards ignore that rule. I don't have one here to look at, but IIRC it says on the back that it is only good for the duration of the cruise.

Can you buy a bottle of wine in the dining room and keep using it over a few nights?
Yes ... if it lasts that long! :D And you don't have to take it back to your cabin each night; they will store it.

Hope that helps.

My husband has given me the lay of the land... I never even try my wine card in the dining room or pinnacle, because we order bottles from the menu....HE would never drink house wine with dinner..:D..Sorry.. I guess the cards do work in the dining room for house wine..

I meant that last reply to be a sorry for misdirecting others.. The wine cards DO work in the Dining Room as well as the Pinnacle.. I am very sorry for any confusion I may have caused....:o

Have a great cruise..

I meant that last reply to be a sorry for misdirecting others.. The wine cards DO work in the Dining Room as well as the Pinnacle.. I am very sorry for any confusion I may have caused....:o

Have a great cruise..

No problem, it seems we have it all sorted out.:)

Rochelle

What are wine cards? How much are they? Where do you buy them? I booked direct with HAL, so I do not have a TA.

Hope that helps.

We purchased wine cards for our upcoming cruise. My TA said they could be used thru out the ship; but I read somewhere they were only for the dining rooms ..... anyone out there buy one and where could you use it? And what do they mean by "speciality drinks"? We purchased those as well......Thanks!

Travlin,

It is possible to buy them online before your cruise as mentioned by dandro and KK.

However, If you buy them onboard, after sailing, you are not subject to any sales tax.

The same is true for the Cocktail card.

The wine card is DEFINITELY good in in the Eurodam Dining Room, Pinnacle and Tamarind. I have personally used it in all three in February. And it is good in EVERY bar.

The "House Wine" poured with the card is NOT the same wine available by the glass on the menus.

I usually drink the Cabernet and have also tried the Pino Grigio, both were quite good and better than expected.

Wendy,

Thanks for correcting yourself. * No Harm - No Foul *

One would wish that more CC'ers would check their facts and re-post.

Bubba,

It seems that HAL's definition of "Cocktail" is very limited.

As a Scotch on the rocks is NOT a Cocktail. But, a Scotch and soda is . . . . Go figure !

And, It can be good for the Martini of the day, but not other Martinis.

KrazyKruisers:

Have also heard this "Rumor" about the cards being fazed out.

This is something I will ask DBA for the "official" answer.

jtl,

I have been able to use my unfinished card from one DAM ship to another. No Problems.

hlitner,

The wine cards are still being offered on the HAL website. I just looked. They're under the beverage cards.

Thanks but I must be looking at the wrong place. I just looked again and pulled-up the online gift order form and do not see the wine-by-the-glass packages. Somebody please tell this naive guy where I am going wrong! They do have the various wines by the bottle packages

Hank

From the "Gift Selection" site on HAL as of 3/27 - "other" beverage cards are there as well.

MY ORDER - ASSIGN RECIPIENTS & PREFERENCES

If you would like to purchase the gift(s) shown below, please fill in the quantity for each item. Confirm your preferred delivery date and location for each gift. Then click "SAVE TO MY ORDER".

img_gifts_wines.jpg House pouring Wine Card for 20 glasses

$77.63

bob

Archived