Free shuttle - Venice

I have read that some sips offer a free shuttle and others don't.

we are on HAL and I know they don't. However, on the 2nd day, there will be 3 other ships. ( MSC, Crystal and Splendor of the Seas).

Please clarify if any of these have a shuttle and if it is true that drivers don't check which ship you are from.

Thanks,

CG

Okay.

Firstly, the shuttle isn't linked to a particular line, so is not provided by the ship. If there is a shuttle running, anyone from any ship can use it. the drivers don't check which ship you are on because they don't need to.

The port authorities provide a free shuttle when there is a ship in port performing 'home duties'. This basically means any ship which is offering round trip itineries from Venice.

This Summer...roughly April to October, these ships are:

MSC: Poesia, Musica & Armonia

Costa: Victoria, Serena & Fortuna

RCI: Splendour of the Seas.

If there are any other MSC, Costa or RCI ships in port there will not be a shuttle, except of course if their visit also co-incides with one of the above.

For this season, all the relevent ships operate out of Venice on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, so you can be almost certain there will not be a shuttle on Tuesdays to Fridays. (Unless I have missed one of course. :)) but if you are arriving/leaving on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday there will be one.

For your purposes, there will be a shuttle on 13th, 14th & 15th June.

Ships in port can be checked here.

http://www.vtp.it/pages/calendario/calendarioFiltri.jsp?m=6&r=null

Hi -- We will be arriving in Venice on 7/27. Does this mean we can get a free shuttle from the airport to the ship? Or, is this a free shuttle from the terminal into town? Thanks for the clarification. We are going to be on the Ruby and can't wait!!

The shuttle bus runs from Piazzale Roma to the ship. You can get a bus from the airport to PR and then the shuttle or you can arrange transportation from the airport to the ship.

Hi -- We will be arriving in Venice on 7/27. Does this mean we can get a free shuttle from the airport to the ship? Or, is this a free shuttle from the terminal into town? Thanks for the clarification. We are going to be on the Ruby and can't wait!!

As stated above, the shuttle is from Piazzale Roma which is on the island itself. There is an airport bus from directly outside airport arrivals with luggage storage underneath that will take you to Piazzale Roma (about 3 euros I think) There is also the local ACTV bus, also from airport arrivals, at a cost of just over 1 euro. (Difference..you will need to take your luggage on the ACTV bus and it makes a few stops along the way. It was though, very quick when we took it last August.)

The shuttle leaves from the same square where the airport bus arrives.

Hi Sandykam,

I went on the veniceconnect and booked the airport transfer ( 22 eur return per person).

Are you sure there is a transfer directly to the port from the airport? At a quick glance these look like water transfers to me (Alilaguna) to St Mark's, Lido area etc.

Sparky-where do we buy the tickets for the shuttle or the local bus?]

My understanding is that if you want to buy an all day pass. this needs to be done in advance at " Veniceconnect.com". If not, you can pay your fare on the bus which will be 6.50 Eur each time ( valid for 60 min)

Sparky-where do we buy the tickets for the shuttle or the local bus?]

My understanding is that if you want to buy an all day pass. this needs to be done in advance at " Veniceconnect.com". If not, you can pay your fare on the bus which will be 6.50 Eur each time ( valid for 60 min)

No, you can buy all the passes at the airport and all the ACTV stations & TI booths dotted about Venice.

The 6.50euros is the fare on the vaporetto's (Grand Canal etc), not the airport fare.

The airport shuttle to Piazzale Roma is 3 euros. (Non stop, luggage storage underneath)

The ACTV bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma is 1.10 euros.

The shuttle from Piazzale Roma to the port is free. That is of course, if it is running.

If the free shuttle is running then you can if you wish get from the airport to the port for 1.10 euros. If the shuttle isn't running you can take the 6/ bus from Piazzale Roma to the port for an extra euro or so.

No, you can buy all the passes at the airport and all the ACTV stations & TI booths dotted about Venice.

The 6.50euros is the fare on the vaporetto's (Grand Canal etc), not the airport fare.

The airport shuttle to Piazzale Roma is 3 euros. (Non stop, luggage storage underneath)

The ACTV bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma is 1.10 euros.

The shuttle from Piazzale Roma to the port is free. That is of course, if it is running.

If the free shuttle is running then you can if you wish get from the airport to the port for 1.10 euros. If the shuttle isn't running you can take the 6/ bus from Piazzale Roma to the port for an extra euro or so.

Thanks for the info. Coming in to airport & will take that bus to PR. The free shuttle's schedule depends on what please??? I don't want to wait there on June 1st and find that it isn't running and have to scurry like a nut!

bjrose:cool:

Okay.

The port authorities provide a free shuttle when there is a ship in port performing 'home duties'. This basically means any ship which is offering round trip itineries from Venice.

This Summer...roughly April to October, these ships are:

MSC: Poesia, Musica & Armonia

Costa: Victoria, Serena & Fortuna

RCI: Splendour of the Seas.

If there are any other MSC, Costa or RCI ships in port there will not be a shuttle, except of course if their visit also co-incides with one of the above.

For this season, all the relevent ships operate out of Venice on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, so you can be almost certain there will not be a shuttle on Tuesdays to Fridays. (Unless I have missed one of course. :)) but if you are arriving/leaving on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday there will be one.

For your purposes, there will be a shuttle on 13th, 14th & 15th June.

Ships in port can be checked here.

http://www.vtp.it/pages/calendario/calendarioFiltri.jsp?m=6&r=null

Hope this helps you

Thanks for the info. Coming in to airport & will take that bus to PR. The free shuttle's schedule depends on what please??? I don't want to wait there on June 1st and find that it isn't running and have to scurry like a nut!

bjrose:cool:

Most people seem to be able to find the shuttle. Two years ago we waited for over an hour with some other folks from another ship who did not speak English and we all finally just took the 6/ bus to the pier. For some reason there was no charge for the bus that day (never learned why), so it really didn't make any difference. Perhaps the shuttle bus driver was on lunch break or something, but some days there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why the P. Roma shuttle to the cruise piers does not show up! Just know the alternatives and you will be fine.

Archived