OK..First cruise in 7 DAYS!! Getting Nervous!

jbroons

jbroons: are you flying down the day before? Don't forget that you may also encounter some Spring breakers may want to add some ear plugs!!!LOL

No morning of the 5th (I know I know). And Spring Breakers...I may join them;)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this' date=' and frankly there are too many posts to look through to find out.

If you are taking a debit/credit card with you, make sure you let the bank know.

My sister recently went to Cozumel and forgot to notify the bank... their card was declined for a transaction.

They got things squared away, but you can void the hassles just by making a call beforehand.[/quote']

I just did...and they said that it was a great move...Thank you!

No morning of the 5th (I know I know). And Spring Breakers...I may join them;)

Yes, I would probably join them too, it's fun when you don't have to worry about the drinking & driving & you prepare ahead with the saltines & Ginger Caps.!!!LOL BTW, your thread is so refreshing as compared to some of them going on right now.

What do I eat to calm my stomach? On a cruise, usually some type of bread or roll...fortunately, it doesn't happen very often. I like pretty much any other type of cracker...Ritz, Triscuit, Wheat Thins....just no saltines! LOL!

We are going to Couples Negril in Jamaica. We are excited to see how we like an A.I. Resort compared to cruising.

Back to the OP....someone mentioned writing down your credit card emergency numbers. Also a good idea to call your credit card company and let them know you will be traveling outside of the country. That way, if you try to use your credit card in a foreign port, it won't get rejected.

Also, the packing lists are great, but don't overpack! I overpacked BIG-TIME on my first cruise, didn't use half of it.

Been to Couples Negril, Swept Away and Ocho Rios. Hope you've been on their message board?

Email me if you want to know anything! coltomtaylor@comcast.net

Yes, I would probably join them too, it's fun when you don't have to worry about the drinking & driving & you prepare ahead with the saltines & Ginger Caps.!!!LOL BTW, your thread is so refreshing as compared to some of them going on right now.

Thanks gracie!!

Looks like you have done lots of research by how many posts you have, everything you have learned will flood back to you. Just relax & have fun. It's not nervousness you're feeling its pure excitement. You will now be addicted!!!!! We've all got our must have's on a cruise. My DH makes fun of me because I always take a sleeve of saltine crackers. I can still remember my first cruise & having way too much to drink the first night (it was a girl's cruise). I was so sick the next day & it took forever to find some saltine crackers so now I take my own.

I thought the exact same thing when I first read the first post ;). There is no turning back now :eek:.....they will be addicted like the rest of us!!

Don't worry, by your fourth cruise...you will work until 7 PM at night (when you planned to take off at 2:00 PM), start packing after 8:30 PM. go to bed about 1:00 AM get up at 4:00 AM for a flight at 6:00 AM. (that was me this past cruise :o )

Isn't that the truth :o.....

Don't freak out when the pre-cruise nightmares begin. I remember before our first cruise, I had a dream that some family member came to pick us up and take us to the terminal in a pick-up truck, and it was raining. I'm like, "Where is all this luggage going to go?" Thank goodness I woke up!:)

Thanks for planting that seed....now I'm really calm:D And the luggage...@ $25.00 per bag on the airlines?(I'm flying)....I can understand the nightmare!!!;)

I am starting to get nervous now...I don't know why! Here's what I have done in preparation for the big day....However, please tell me what I still need to do!!!

Held mail with USPS

Have passports

All excursions are booked

Cruise paid in full

Bought battery operated travel clock

Programmed cell phone for international zones (although I don't plan on using it)

I know that I'm forgetting things...Help!!;)

First, relax. You are starting to sound like a nervous wreck. Everything will fall into place. Did you pack? Did you see the movie A Night to Remember? Relax, you are going on vacation. Remember to enjoy yourself.

Thanks for planting that seed....now I'm really calm:D And the luggage...@ $25.00 per bag on the airlines?(I'm flying)....I can understand the nightmare!!!;)

It is all worth it! All the research and planning and packing and nervous jitters, and nightmares...I will do it over and over and over again, as many times as my budget will allow. You will most definately be so hooked from the moment you step on that ship.

The picture posted of the Victory is an awesome example. When you see the ship, up close and personal, wow, it is just --- well I can't describe that feeling!!!:)

First, relax. You are starting to sound like a nervous wreck. Everything will fall into place. Did you pack? Did you see the movie A Night to Remember? Relax, you are going on vacation. Remember to enjoy yourself.

No I know...thanks dude...that was the whole point. Suddenly felt unnerved for some reason...definitely not a wreck (& you shouldn't use that term when it comes to cruise vessels...you know the whole wreck thing).

And no...why "A Night To Remember"...have not seen it. Should I?? Am I too young? I just watched Twilight with my two daughters...(I enjoyed it too).

Awesome...thank you!! Whoa! Is Freedom similar in size to Victory??
Freedom's a little larger at 110,000 tons --as opposed to Victory's 101,000 tons.

Freedom is also longer at 951 ft, whereas Victory is 'only' 893 ft.

Freedom-104.jpg

I wish I could go back to my first cruise a year ago! All the things I would change! First of all.... if you are planning on bringing a hair straightener, don't expect it to go full force! Bring mouse and gel to get your hair tame! AND buy a cheap shawl to add a touch of class to any outfit you might be wearing. Not to mention, it can get kind of cold on the boats at night!

I wish I could go back to my first cruise a year ago! All the things I would change! First of all.... if you are planning on bringing a hair straightener, don't expect it to go full force! Bring mouse and gel to get your hair tame! AND buy a cheap shawl to add a touch of class to any outfit you might be wearing. Not to mention, it can get kind of cold on the boats at night!

Thanks ladyco4...the only time the hair straightener would come in handy for me would be right before the Hairy Chest contest;)! And the shawl...my daughters would never speak to me again!!

Do you know if Bonine makes everyone as tired/fatigued as I have heard?...and if it works as well? Thanks!

I use generic Bonine, and it works well and doesn't make me tired at all. I also use the ginger capsules. I also have these herbal drops called Motioneze that you can buy at WalMart or any drug store....you dab it behind your ears and believe it or not, it really helps.

I use generic Bonine, and it works well and doesn't make me tired at all. I also use the ginger capsules. I also have these herbal drops called Motioneze that you can buy at WalMart or any drug store....you dab it behind your ears and believe it or not, it really helps.

Is Zeke available to come with us on our cruise? Have him meet us in Fort Lauderdale & he can bring the ginger, bonine & motioneze for us in a little satchel on his back! Thanks:D

Is Zeke available to come with us on our cruise? Have him meet us in Fort Lauderdale & he can bring the ginger, bonine & motioneze for us in a little satchel on his back! Thanks:D

LOL! Zeke is a cowdog (Blue Heeler) so he would be biting everyone's heels and running around causing a ruckus........but he's awfully cute! Everyone would fall in love with him. We just worked cows a couple days ago and he got in a good workout (and so did I). I guess I don't feel bad hijacking this thread since it is yours to begin with, jbroons. You are a funny dude....hope you love your cruise! :D

Archived