Conair Handheld Steamer

For those of you who obsess about wrinkles like I do, wanted to pass along that I recently purchased a conair Handheld Steamer that works great. THIS IS NOT A STEAMER/IRON. Just a steamer. OK for all fabrics.

I purchased it on Home Shopping Network for $25 but I am sure you can probably get it elsewhere.

Not as heavy as the steamer/iron.

Happy cruising

For those of you who obsess about wrinkles like I do, wanted to pass along that I recently purchased a conair Handheld Steamer that works great. THIS IS NOT A STEAMER/IRON. Just a steamer. OK for all fabrics.

I purchased it on Home Shopping Network for $25 but I am sure you can probably get it elsewhere.

Happy cruising

FYI

Q: What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship?

A: Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard. These items will be confiscated upon being found.

Prohibited items:

Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers (not including personal electronics: cell phone chargers, laptop power adapters etc.)

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons/Clothes Steamers

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

I used on my last cruise without a problem. There are combination iron/steamers. this is not. In any event it was not confiscated.

The fact that it wasn't confiscated is not really relevant. It is the equivalent of bragging that you exceeded the speed limit but weren't stopped and ticketed. Steamers are specifically indicated on the list of prohibited items. In the past, some passengers reported that their irons weren't confiscated either. The fact that they missed the device doesn't imply that it is permissable to bring prohibited items onboard. There are a number of legitimate ways to remove or reduce wrinkling without violating the policies established by the cruise line and without having to pay for laundry or pressing service.:rolleyes:

EDIT: See my next post. I changed my mind about bringing it.

I have a Rowenta portable steamer that I'm bringing this time. And my small spray bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release.

Happy cruising

Hmmmm.....I just saw this. Guess I won't be bringing

mine, after all. I'm not a rule breaker if I can help it. But, aside from that, I just realized I'm not even bringing the formal dress that wrinkles, anyway.

FYI

Q: What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship?

A: Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard. These items will be confiscated upon being found.

Prohibited items:

Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers (not including personal electronics: cell phone chargers, laptop power adapters etc.)

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons/Clothes Steamers

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

Was on Monarch of the Seas last week out of Port Canaveral. They x-rayed all luggage..held luggage with irons and any thing that looked like alcohol at security on Deck 1. People had to go down open their suitcases and then all irons were taken, labeled and returned after picking up luggage back at Port Canaveral. Any liquor was taken and returned in Port Canaveral to those who were over 21, any under 21 did not get their liquor back.

So to avoid this I would leave items home that are not allowed.

In my original post I wasn't bragging that I got away with it, I was told it was ok. The only reason I passed on the information about the steamer. I have cruised for many years and have never intentionally disobeyed the rules.

It was not my intent to break any rules or brag as some of you have suggested. I was told that this type was ok to bring and when I did I did not have a problem. I am glad to be informed of the policy but don't like your tone.

Unfortunately, some of you don't know how to disagree without being disagreeable.

Some time ago it was ok to bring a steamer but I guess that has changed at leqast a year ago. When we got off an other ship that was sharing the terminal in San Pedro, Ca. we noticed an entire table of irons and steam irons. So they did start to confiscate them at least a year ago. It is so nice on other ships to be able to go to a laundry rooms and touch up a dress etc. bring a bottle of wine or liquor and not have to feel like you aredoing something evil. After this last blow of the CL removal for diamond members I am booking on April 1st my next cruise on Crystal.

Hi All, Have just been on my uk based website for RC and it only has irons on the prohibited list of items, no where does it mention steamers so i will be taking one and not breaking any rules, so if you want to take one its ok, tell them it states nothing on there own website and if they argue i will be telling them to pull up the uk website and take a look

Regards L A RAY

Hi All, Have just been on my uk based website for RC and it only has irons on the prohibited list of items, no where does it mention steamers so i will be taking one and not breaking any rules, so if you want to take one its ok, tell them it states nothing on there own website and if they argue i will be telling them to pull up the uk website and take a look

Regards L A RAY

You might get away with your steamer or not, just as people get away with their booze or not, but I´m pretty sure the security officers will be pretty unimpressed about the UK RCCL website and if they found it you won´t get it onboard.

Archived