Do you book your cruise with a credit card ?

Yes, always use my credit card. Never had a problem with RCC.

As a matter of fact, on our last cruise we had a credit of about $5.00 on our account (Freedom of the Seas) - it showed up as a credit on our credit card bill. We were very surprised.;)

Yes, we use it for as much as we can (RC Visa) Get points, pay it off each month, and get a free cruise after 125,00 pts. Sadly, on another note, that free cruise we've earned in June will be the last time we'll be able to use the concierge lounge for awhile:(

With all that seems to be going on with RCL, Do you book your cruise with a credit card to guarantee to refurnd should they go bust ?

Has there been talk or news of trouble with RCI that I haven't heard? Their stock and earnings like many companies in the travel industry are down but their revenue still appears to be strong and they don't seem to be hemorrhaging money like some of the airline companies.

We would never use anything other than RCCL CC or Discover where we get 5% back for spendings on cruises through certain months of the year.

Also, we never pay the final payment until due date so for a long time we only have $ 500 loss should something happen.

I always make my deposit and final payment with a credit card - not because of any concern of financial troubles with current cruise lines - but, because doing so gives me flexibility in how and when I pay my AmEx ( usually in full, every month) but it is nice to know I have an option

I pay for all my travels with my Visa card, as I get frequent flyer miles for it. It also protects me in case of a cruise failure.

I have accumalated enough points that I can fly to Germany, business/first class, with Continental, and it only cost me $59.00 in taxes.

You can't beat that!

Ginnie

Archived